Men's Basketball 2024 G David Castillo

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Bartlesville has a player that I think has the chance to be the best Oklahoma HS basketball player since Trae Young. David Castillo, current freshman, shooting guard. Dynamic playmaker and already a lights out three point shooter with one of the quickest releases I have seen for a player his age. David is better than Bryce Thompson at this age, IMO.

I know we have offered some freshman previously. He would be a good offer now.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Bartlesville has a player that I think has the chance to be the best Oklahoma HS basketball player since Trae Young. David Castillo, current freshman, shooting guard. Dynamic playmaker and already a lights out three point shooter with one of the quickest releases I have seen for a player his age. David is better than Bryce Thompson at this age, IMO.

I know we have offered some freshman previously. He would be a good offer now.
I used to play some lunchtime bball with his dad (Nate). Nate for years did a basketball fundamentals class at the Boys/Girls Club twice a week, year round. My great nephew (in David's HS class) went a few times and Nate bugged me for a couple years to get him more involved, but he was more soccer focused. Great family, can't imagine Nate would let David be anything but a team-first guy.

Mar 11, 2006
We offered Castillo today. Currently, only a freshman. But if he progresses like I think he can, he would be a great pick-up.
As a freshman this year, he had 29 points versus Union, 39 points against Sand Springs, and 43 points against Ponca City. Dude can flat-out ball.

https://twitter.com/ohyeadave/status/1376890188740321286?s=20

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
He went 4 for 7 from downtown and scored 14 points in the championship game to help Team USA win the FIBA Under-16 World Basketball Championship gold medal on Sunday.