Aaron Green, RB from Sims Class

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 18, 2011
Baylor pretty much offers the kid a chance to play if not start. A lot of kids go there because they know they are better than some of the talent going into there. Plus, Baylor is actually a great school to go to. Good campus, great academics. Campus is close to 2 hours away from Dallas and Austin. There is a lot to offer from Baylor
Except for the fact that it's in Waco.

Jan 31, 2012
Baylor pretty much offers the kid a chance to play if not start. A lot of kids go there because they know they are better than some of the talent going into there. Plus, Baylor is actually a great school to go to. Good campus, great academics. Campus is close to 2 hours away from Dallas and Austin. There is a lot to offer from Baylor
We recruit Texas kids and some of the really good ones wanna stay in state plain and simple.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
7! no we don't or are you counting fullbacks and tailbacks combined? Why you combining? they are separate positions.

We have 4 scholarship running backs but two will be seniors next year, Randle and Smith. So I think we need to offer a RB next year. We do have the Madill kid who might play RB or could be a slot. He is a utility guy.

Pokengineer

Go Pokes!
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
7! no we don't or are you counting fullbacks and tailbacks combined? Why you combining? they are separate positions.

We have 4 scholarship running backs but two will be seniors next year, Randle and Smith. So I think we need to offer a RB next year. We do have the Madill kid who might play RB or could be a slot. He is a utility guy.
just to clarify... not this coming year but the year after...

PlatypusJojo

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon
A/V Subscriber
May 29, 2010
Boston

Are you an idiot rutherfordfan?

We already have 7 Running Backs / Full Backs on scholarship for next season.

LakeCowboy

1945 National Champions
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Doubt he would go to Baylor and sit behind Lache Seastrunk for 3 years. He has been a workhorse since stepping on campus and had a huge spring game

PistolChad

Galaxy Stranger
A/V Subscriber
Jun 23, 2004

It's a numbers game. Gundy has been fairly consistent that of the 85 scholarships, that 42 are used for offense.

When Fedora was hired, he had this basic scholarship distribution philosophy:
OL - 18
QB - 4
WR - 13
TE - 4
RB - 4
FB - 0

After Fefora left, Gundy then took over and signed 2 Full Backs.

When Holgerson took over, he was planning to eliminate the Tight End position, but he still used them even if they did play DE as well.

Now Monken is here. He embraces the Tight End. Here are the actual scholarship breakdown for next season (In Parentheses are Seniors for this position):
OL - 15 (3)
QB - 3 (0)
WR - 14 (2)
TE - 3 (1)
RB - 5 (0)
FB - 2 (2)

That means there are only 8 offensive scholarships to sign to replace Seniors (of course there could be other attrition). We already have a commit for a WR and an OL. It is widely believed Gundy will attempt to sign a QB. If we are going to take another Running Back, the scholarship has to come from somewhere. If the Full Back position is eliminated, then the numbers are good - the 2 Full Backs are replaced by 1 Running Back and 1 Quarterback...otherwise we will have less Offensive Linemen or Wide Receivers.

Sep 28, 2010
His top schools are OU, Houston, Baylor, Tech, and I think A&M.

It's possible but I'd be surprised with the number of RB transfers A&M already has coming in. Brandon Williams has 3 years (unsure on his waiver yet) and we just landed Tra Carson (Oregon transfer) who will also have 3 years.

A program on the rise (Baylor).
This is theoretically true but I have my doubts. They just lost a once in a generation Heisman winner, first round receiver, 1500 yard rusher, and two starting OL. And we know from experience their defense isn't going to win them many games :)

May 27, 2011
Almost Stillwater!
It's possible but I'd be surprised with the number of RB transfers A&M already has coming in. Brandon Williams has 3 years (unsure on his waiver yet) and we just landed Tra Carson (Oregon transfer) who will also have 3 years.

This is theoretically true but I have my doubts. They just lost a once in a generation Heisman winner, first round receiver, 1500 yard rusher, and two starting OL. And we know from experience their defense isn't going to win them many games :)
Doesn't matter. That encourages them to join; the thought process being that they can come in and start soon. What's there not to like about a program on the rise, as opposed to a program declining/not doing as well as past times? Like UT...

Sep 28, 2010
Doesn't matter. That encourages them to join; the thought process being that they can come in and start soon. What's there not to like about a program on the rise, as opposed to a program declining/not doing as well as past times? Like UT...
I don't doubt that they'll get some short term recruiting momentum from all their success this season, I just don't know that it's a sustainable success. Baylor doesn't have any sort of football history behind it, if they go something like 5-7 or 6-6 they could have a really ugly January/February with regards to recruiting.