Active shooter at Texas elementary school

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
Exhibit 1,756....

"F--- your prayers. They haven’t worked for the last 20 mass shootings how about passing laws that will stop these killings," Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., tweeted at Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif.

Gallego also tweeted at Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas: "Just to be clear f--- you @tedcruz you f---ing baby killer."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/uvalde-texas-school-shooting-democrats-gun-control-prayers
I don't know what I'm supposed to do with those quotes. People are emotional. I'm saying both sides want the same thing. Zero school shootings.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Exhibit 1,756....

"F--- your prayers. They haven’t worked for the last 20 mass shootings how about passing laws that will stop these killings," Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., tweeted at Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif.

Gallego also tweeted at Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas: "Just to be clear f--- you @tedcruz you f---ing baby killer."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/uvalde-texas-school-shooting-democrats-gun-control-prayers
Exhibit 1,757

And when that doesnt work? Then the left will move on to the next inch. While yea there are a bunch of things we could do to limit these things from happening, there are people out there that will not stop until there is zero chance that this happens which is impossible unless there is gun confiscation. That is the problem, if pro gun supporters could trust the other side to actually stop taking when they are asked to give a little, then maybe we could get some where, but personally I dont trust anyone on the left to negotiate on good terms.
And @Bowers2 said it happens on both sides.

It definitely does.

But unless something changes, we are going to see more horror, more shoulder shrugs, and more thoughts and prayers.....and absolutely nothing else.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Wow.

Just wow.

Unwilling to discuss even the "bunch of things we could do to limit these things from happening".....thereby lessening the violence....because your predetermined belief that the evil "left" are only out for your guns and not really interested in "lessening the violence."

I find that really, really disturbing way of thinking.

Just keep offering your meaningless thoughts and prayers, I guess. Worked really well so far, right.
Its not a way of thinking. Its listening to Democrat politicians speak. Im not stupid. I listen to what others are saying and adjust my position to it. They are going for a zero tolerance position which can only end in gun confiscation, so my position changes from being willing to give up a select few items to not giving one inch.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I don't know what I'm supposed to do with those quotes. People are emotional. I'm saying both sides want the same thing. Zero school shootings.
All I want are rational, reasonable, constitutional policies that might LESSEN the number of school shooting. Zero school shootings is frankly an unreasonable, unattainable goal.

However, posts like this

And when that doesnt work? Then the left will move on to the next inch. While yea there are a bunch of things we could do to limit these things from happening, there are people out there that will not stop until there is zero chance that this happens which is impossible unless there is gun confiscation. That is the problem, if pro gun supporters could trust the other side to actually stop taking when they are asked to give a little, then maybe we could get some where, but personally I dont trust anyone on the left to negotiate on good terms.
Make me think that there are some folks out there that are absolutely fine with doing absolutely nothing out of fear.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Its not a way of thinking. Its listening to Democrat politicians speak. Im not stupid. I listen to what others are saying and adjust my position to it. They are going for a zero tolerance position which can only end in gun confiscation, so my position changes from being willing to give up a select few items to not giving one inch.
And the mass shootings go on unabated and we keep offering meaningless hopes and prayers instead of action that could lessen the carnage because of your way of thinking (and it IS a way of thinking).

Good plan.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
not sure if this is comical or sad...do you really think this?! Seriously?!

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Then stop doing it.

Because you are definitely doing it....

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Kid shot his own grandmother... where were the parents?

I for one wouldn't mind starting to see parents being charged with some type of accessory or manslaughter charge (in the case of minors). They obviously failed miserably at their primary vocation.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
And the mass shootings go on unabated and we keep offering meaningless hopes and prayers instead of action that could lessen the carnage because of your way of thinking (and it IS a way of thinking).

Good plan.
Politics are weird. He has several people he would consider "the left" telling him point blank what they think and none of it comes close to "zero tolerance gun confiscation." Instead, I get a Fox News article with some Tweets as proof of what the left thinks. Odd thing that we can't listen to the "other side" when they're your fellow Okies and Cowboys fans, but some New Yorker you don't know writes an article and boom...

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
not sure if this is comical or sad...do you really think this?! Seriously?!
It's not what I believe, it's what I hear from democrat politicians. The gun control battle is the same as the battle over abortion. Death by a thousand cuts. Democrats are figuring that out now with roe being eliminated. It was a miracle that we were able to reverse the "assault" weapon ban. Remember the columbine shooting? Took place during the "assault" weapon ban. They went in with pistols and shotguns and killed a bunch of people. Did that "assault" weapon ban stop democrats from trying to further gun control? Nope. So again, when the democrats speak, I listen.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
Then stop doing it.

Because you are definitely doing it....

I'm only listening to their words. Until they begin negotiating in good faith, you won't get anything out of me.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2009
Who needs anything from you? I certainly don’t. I could care less what the village idiot believes

PS It’s on me for not having you on ignore.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Yes mental health seems to be something that people on both sides of the gun control issue can agree on. Seems like a logical place to start.
I agree with the comment except for the order. I'd put that just a tad further down on the to-do list, and begin with the easiest and quickest action available: Take the excessive unused COVID money and all of the other wasted extras out there and use it to harden the schools. We do it with banks, airplanes, politician's homes, etc.. We're even beginning to do it with schools to protect the kids from tornadoes, so let's just quit the talking and target funding for a hardened perimeter and armed security. Then after that is initiated, begin the process to act on other things like mental health.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
The exploiting of this tragedy for political purposes is sickening. Guns did not kill any kids, a sick mentally deranged individual did. You can't tell me nobody knew that this kid was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. It's all over his social media feeds. Whoever he interacted with on a daily basis had to know he was not right. So why do we continue to ignore mental illness and blame it on guns?

There are more guns in the US than there are people. The vast majority of which are owned by law abiding citizens for protection, hunting, etc. These incidents are abhorrent, tragic and shocking. If there were no guns in the world, the sick in the head individuals would just make a bomb, light the school on fire, drive through the playground mowing kids down with his car, poison the cafeteria food or any number of ways to commit atrocities. Why do we keep blaming the tool of choice instead of addressing the reasons sick individuals get this way like absence of parenting, violence in movies and video games and disturbing online sites that are allowed to exist?

Then there's the elephant in the room that is continually ignored in that cities like Chicago, which has the strictest gun laws anywhere in the country where 19 kids killed is just a couple of weekends tally in that city. Nobody says or does a thing. What about those lives. Do they not matter because most are black? Where is BLM? These kids live in fear every day of their existence but nobody talks about helping them.

My granddaughter's middle school had only one accessible entrance from the outside. It has a secure vestibule where you come in the first set of doors and you are basically trapped in that vestibule between two sets of doors until you are properly vetted. You do not enter the second set of locked doors until you are buzzed in by staff. No other entrances are accessible from outside. This incident could not have happened in the same way with that kind of security. They also have an armed security guard on duty. Why are these measures not an absolute minimum requirement at every US school? If you care about kid's lives why are you not all over this minimum standard instead of taking away guns from law abiding citizens?

The very first thing Kamala and Joe do is say a couple of platitudes about the shooting and then launch into their gun control narrative. It's sickening to me. How is taking my firearms away from me going to make schools safer? It won't, all it does is make my home less safe.

We'd better start instituting these basic minimum standards of protection for our school kids and we'd better start talking about and finding ways to address how an 18 year old gets to the point mentally that he would want to slaughter a bunch of 7, 8 and 9 year old children. Until we stop making this about gun control and start identifying and addressing the reasons and how to stop them, these devastating incidents are going to continue to happen.