all things stitt

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 14, 2009
Our crazy governor and the state leader of the republicans.
What happened to smaller government and more local control. A GOP battle cry for years.!!
That is as long as its something the wingers want!
If a local as you can get school board goes against the wingers will? Hell pass a law and try and crush the local folks.

SHAM ON THEM!

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Our crazy governor and the state leader of the republicans.
What happened to smaller government and more local control. A GOP battle cry for years.!!
That is as long as its something the wingers want!
If a local as you can get school board goes against the wingers will? Hell pass a law and try and crush the local folks.

SHAM ON THEM!
Local control was a sham. States rights was a sham. Small government was a sham.

The reasons that I was a republican have been taken away and replaced with greed, poor behavior toward others and a win at any cost attitude.

Apr 14, 2009
You just watch this State gop bunch. There next power grab will be them trying to abolish our right to the initiative petition. Just y’all watch it’s coming.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
https://twitter.com/armytimes/status/1459300914079092738?s=21

The state’s former top general, Army Maj. Gen. Michael Thompson told local reporters Thursday that he learned of his relief via social media. He was previously scheduled to transfer command to Mancino on Jan. 15, 2022, according to the Oklahoman.

Although National Guard troops do belong to their governors when not mobilized by the Pentagon, federal requirements often supersede any state uses of the Guard, as senior leaders often emphasize. That’s because the vast majority of Guard funding, training and equipment comes from the federal government.

It’s not yet clear whether the order will jeopardize that funding.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
https://twitter.com/armytimes/status/1459300914079092738?s=21

The state’s former top general, Army Maj. Gen. Michael Thompson told local reporters Thursday that he learned of his relief via social media. He was previously scheduled to transfer command to Mancino on Jan. 15, 2022, according to the Oklahoman.

Although National Guard troops do belong to their governors when not mobilized by the Pentagon, federal requirements often supersede any state uses of the Guard, as senior leaders often emphasize. That’s because the vast majority of Guard funding, training and equipment comes from the federal government.

It’s not yet clear whether the order will jeopardize that funding.
Hey, nothing makes a more effective fighting force than the knowledge that if around 10% of them refuse an order the military will kowtow to them and change the rules in their favor.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Hey, nothing makes a more effective fighting force than the knowledge that if around 10% of them refuse an order the military will kowtow to them and change the rules in their favor.
Same went with federal employees.
You get it or you’re fired.

No.

Ok. Sorry

Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
I haven't seen the Julius Jones thing mentioned and it's come down to Stitt's decision at this point. I didn't follow the original story of the crime / arrest / conviction but am curious why so many people feel that he is innocent and should walk free. Is there something to that, or is this the celebrity cause du jour?

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
I haven't seen the Julius Jones thing mentioned and it's come down to Stitt's decision at this point. I didn't follow the original story of the crime / arrest / conviction but am curious why so many people feel that he is innocent and should walk free. Is there something to that, or is this the celebrity cause du jour?
Well, another guy, who has been convicted, says he was the shooter, but the DA wants Jones to die for it. And stitt said he'd go by the clemency board's recommendation. They recommended clemency, stitt sits silently.
They aren't talking about setting him free, they are talking about commuting the death sentence.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Well, another guy, who has been convicted, says he was the shooter, but the DA wants Jones to die for it. And stitt said he'd go by the clemency board's recommendation. They recommended clemency, stitt sits silently.
They aren't talking about setting him free, they are talking about commuting the death sentence.
I've seen some calling for him to be set free completely.
Didn't he commit another crime while in prison?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Yeah, the question isn't whether Jones goes free. He won't. It's whether is is executed or not. If his death sentence is commuted, he will still be locked up for the rest of his life.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I've seen some calling for him to be set free completely.
Didn't he commit another crime while in prison?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
That's probably largely in part to them not knowing what "commuting" means...
Yeah, the question isn't whether Jones goes free. He won't. It's whether is is executed or not. If his death sentence is commuted, he will still be locked up for the rest of his life.
https://www.orangepower.com/threads/julius-jones.279279/