Amy Coney Barrett Supreme Court Hearings

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I heard that Cruz kept commenting after Dems; "I noticed they didn't ask a single question about your credentials". I've had my differences with Cruz but he's been solid in hearing type events. Both the faux impeachment and in the SCOTUS confirmation hearings.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I heard that Cruz kept commenting after Dems; "I noticed they didn't ask a single question about your credentials". I've had my differences with Cruz but he's been solid in hearing type events. Both the faux impeachment and in the SCOTUS confirmation hearings.
Ted Cruz is a brilliant attorney.

In 2008, American Lawyer magazine named Cruz one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America

The National Law Journal named him one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America.

In 2010 Texas Lawyer named him one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century.

wiki

Jun 20, 2012
Ted Cruz is a brilliant attorney.

In 2008, American Lawyer magazine named Cruz one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America

The National Law Journal named him one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America.

In 2010 Texas Lawyer named him one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century.

wiki
Now I know why everyone sees you "that" way.

Sep 12, 2008
The Senate Judiciary Committee approved Judge Amy Coney Barrett's nomination to the Supreme Court on Thursday morning, on party lines.

Next stop the Senate floor!

Oct 30, 2007
Regardless how you feel about Trump and his presidency, he's appointed 3 Supreme Court Justices that will uphold the constitution. That's a legacy that will live on for decades.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Regardless how you feel about Trump and his presidency, he's appointed 3 Supreme Court Justices that will uphold the constitution. That's a legacy that will live on for decades.
Unless you elect Joe Biden and he attempts to pack the court and tear down what has been done in consistency with the law.

Oct 30, 2007
Unless you elect Joe Biden and he attempts to pack the court and tear down what has been done in consistency with the law.
I hope not. I disagreed with McConnell's decision to delay Garland's nomination, but at least he operated within the rules. Enacting legislation designed to manipulate the judicial branch for political gain is a whole different level of crazy. It's disturbing to think of the SCOTUS being expanded every time the balance of powers shift. That would make us look like 3rd world country with a corrupt government.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I hope not. I disagreed with McConnell's decision to delay Garland's nomination, but at least he operated within the rules. Enacting legislation designed to manipulate the judicial branch for political gain is a whole different level of crazy. It's disturbing to think of the SCOTUS being expanded every time the balance of powers shift. That would make us look like 3rd world country with a corrupt government.
Because we would be

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Sorry, that is simply a huge rationalization.
Once the gamesmanship has begun, why would one side just stop?
The democrats would not need to break any rules to pack the court. Enacting legislation is not third world. We already look third world with a corrupt government. Lying outright to the American people is third world. Does lying like this promote goodwill? You've created a distinction that doesn't make a difference. Manipulate traditional rules to do something that hasn't been done in our country or manipulate legislation to do something that hasn't been done. It is all the same. One seems more corrupt to you because it isn't in your favor.

You know, it is all about "winning" now. That is what has been said for the past four years. And, if the dems win, they are going to do the same damn stuff just on the other side. Those of us in the middle simply look at both sides with pure disgust. And, the way that somehow people can come up with ways to tell themselves the pathetic actions of their side are OK but the similar national unity harming actions of the other side are not are a huge part of the problem. We need statesmen who do the right thing. We are not electing them.