And you thought it was Trump.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
May 2021 U.S. District Judge Dabney Friedrich, ruled the CDC acted outside the scope of its authority when the CDC had previously issued a moratorium on evictions.

Yet here again we see the CDC (not congress) writing laws outside their authority to do so.

Evict someone outside the "law" written by the CDC and it's a federal crime. Yet, you remain obligated to pay the bank any loans you have on the housing......

There goes your property rights!

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
US Constitution 5th Amendment “nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.”

Oct 30, 2007
May 2021 U.S. District Judge Dabney Friedrich, ruled the CDC acted outside the scope of its authority when the CDC had previously issued a moratorium on evictions.

Yet here again we see the CDC (not congress) writing laws outside their authority to do so.

Evict someone outside the "law" written by the CDC and it's a federal crime. Yet, you remain obligated to pay the bank any loans you have on the housing......

There goes your property rights!
Things like this really bother me. Biden knows what he's doing is illegal, but he doesn't care.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...tions-defense-maybe-its-illegal-its-worth-it/
Biden’s novel evictions defense: Maybe it’s illegal, but it’s worth it
In a written statement Friday, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said: “President Biden would have strongly supported a decision by the CDC to further extend this eviction moratorium to protect renters at this moment of heightened vulnerability. Unfortunately, the Supreme Court has made clear that this option is no longer available.”.....

.....What’s particularly remarkable about how this was rolled out was how Biden explained it later Tuesday. He didn’t try to say they had finally found a legal loophole for this to pass muster; he instead suggested that it was a stopgap — something they were doing so the moratorium could live on while the courts sort through the mess. Asked about it passing legal muster, Biden said he didn’t know but conceded that “the bulk of the constitutional scholars say it’s not likely to pass constitutional muster.” And then he added: “But at a minimum, by the time it gets litigated, it will probably give some additional time while we’re getting that $45 billion out to people who are in fact behind in the rent and don’t have the money.”

Mar 11, 2006
Things like this really bother me. Biden knows what he's doing is illegal, but he doesn't care.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...tions-defense-maybe-its-illegal-its-worth-it/
Biden’s novel evictions defense: Maybe it’s illegal, but it’s worth it
In a written statement Friday, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said: “President Biden would have strongly supported a decision by the CDC to further extend this eviction moratorium to protect renters at this moment of heightened vulnerability. Unfortunately, the Supreme Court has made clear that this option is no longer available.”.....

.....What’s particularly remarkable about how this was rolled out was how Biden explained it later Tuesday. He didn’t try to say they had finally found a legal loophole for this to pass muster; he instead suggested that it was a stopgap — something they were doing so the moratorium could live on while the courts sort through the mess. Asked about it passing legal muster, Biden said he didn’t know but conceded that “the bulk of the constitutional scholars say it’s not likely to pass constitutional muster.” And then he added: “But at a minimum, by the time it gets litigated, it will probably give some additional time while we’re getting that $45 billion out to people who are in fact behind in the rent and don’t have the money.”
It will bother you and other free-thinkers who value fairness and rule of law, but it won’t bother his base. Ends justify the means.

Stopping evictions seemed understandable early in the pandemic as lockdowns took away jobs. But there was a massive amount of stimulus money. Plus the fact we now know there are millions of jobs not currently being filled …indicates government should cease having a moratorium on evictions.
It sounds harsh, but property owners deserve to be paid for their property and providing value to rentees.

Dec 9, 2013
It will bother you and other free-thinkers who value fairness and rule of law, but it won’t bother his base. Ends justify the means.

Stopping evictions seemed understandable early in the pandemic as lockdowns took away jobs. But there was a massive amount of stimulus money. Plus the fact we now know there are millions of jobs not currently being filled …indicates government should cease having a moratorium on evictions.
It sounds harsh, but property owners deserve to be paid for their property and providing value to rentees.
I was actually hopeful that Biden would stick w his decision to let congress handle this and agree w your thoughts. I think he (or someone around him) believes he is buying favor w the progressive side that he’ll need w the infrastructure package.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It’s time to move past Trump to someone who is a Uniter and not a divider. While his policy issues are mostly correct, his arrogance is so over the top that it will be the ruin of us GOP members if we don’t move past him. While I love my rural brothers and sisters, I beseech you to also leave him and his desire for power snd position at all cost of American unity. I will do everything in my power to convince my friends and family that we need to move forward not backwards. To unity and not more division. I voted for him twice but won’t vote in a future election if he’s the only policy choice I have. I will abstain and I ask others to do same. His cult still exist but most of the free thinkers have left…

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
. I will do everything in my power to convince my friends and family that we need to move forward not backwards. To unity and not more division. I voted for him twice but won’t vote in a future election if he’s the only policy choice I have. I will abstain and I ask others to do same. His cult still exist but most of the free thinkers have left…
@Rack you are good people. But I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't do everything in my power to hold people who enabled Trump (at the State and Federal Level) responsible for what they did AND Never let them forget exactly the extent of hatred, violence, and ignorance they enabled, supported, protected, and even elevated during Trump.

This isn't something you move on from. Professional politicians who rallied around, supported, fought for and are STILL fighting for these lies must be held responsible for their actions.

His cult STILL exist you are correct and many of them are STILL in power in State, Local and Federal Govt and they just aren't going to fade away.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
@Rack you are good people. But I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't do everything in my power to hold people who enabled Trump (at the State and Federal Level) responsible for what they did AND Never let them forget exactly the extent of hatred, violence, and ignorance they enabled, supported, protected, and even elevated during Trump.

This isn't something you move on from. Professional politicians who rallied around, supported, fought for and are STILL fighting for these lies must be held responsible for their actions.

His cult STILL exist you are correct and many of them are STILL in power in State, Local and Federal Govt and they just aren't going to fade away.
Yea, good luck with that.

Liberals.jpg

Sep 12, 2008

That is one of the saddest things I've ever read on OP...

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

No, just no. People vote for politicians all the time and move on from that. It’s the American way..if you are unable to forgive, you are as much a part of the problem as is trump and his ilk.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Mirror mirror on the way maybe? Move on man…for your own good and stop listen to divisive banter of his to divide you and make you mad at others…I’m done with the guy, he’s a bad leader and one that will lead to ruin for those that go down that road. Be smart and realize this, please. For our future as a nation…we do need leadership that is smart effective and RESPONSIBLE. He not responsible…and a sore loser. that’s why he lost.
Like I said, They aren't going to Fade away. They will NOT let the GOP move on and they will not let you ignore them.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Mirror mirror on the way maybe? Move on man…for your own good and stop listen to divisive banter of his to divide you and make you mad at others…I’m done with the guy, he’s a bad leader and one that will lead to ruin for those that go down that road. Be smart and realize this, please.
Move on from WHAT or WHO exactly? Trump? I don't really care what he's doing now, but if you are really hell bent on "moving on", I suggest you lobby the mods to terminate this thread that enables all of the continued discussion about Trump. Further, I suggest you take your case directly to the liberals who not only post on this board, but incessantly bring up Trump as a part of their response to otherwise civil discourse regarding Biden and his policies/Executive Orders.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Like I said, They aren't going to Fade away. They will NOT let the GOP move on and they will not let you ignore them.
I made the mistake and thought he was responding to me when he was responding to you. I hope your parents are doing ok. Politics suck and I think both “sides” are to blame and both “sides” need to burry the hatchet and move on more United.