And you thought it was Trump.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Donald Trump signed a data sharing agreement? There's literally zero chance Party B in my example was party to an agreement with Party A giving up his expectation of privacy.
Most likely the Agreement with the WH existed Long before Trump and they continued it.

These EULA are open ended and never expire once you agree to them and until you terminate the software service.

The only time you have to agree to them again is if they are changed...that is why occasionally when you log into a website it will have a pop up stating their EULA or Terms and Conditions have changed and you need to hit "I accept" or "I agree" to get into the website.

Same thing

Nov 6, 2010
Most likely the Agreement with the WH existed Long before Trump and they continued it.

These EULA are open ended and never expire once you agree to them and until you terminate the software service.

The only time you have to agree to them again is if they are changed...that is why occasionally when you log into a website it will have a pop up stating their EULA or Terms and Conditions have changed and you need to hit "I accept" or "I agree" to get into the website.

Same thing
And I think we'd probably all be shocked at what we agree to when we hit the accept button on a lot of those.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Same thing
So the kid you beat up in 7th garade now works at Google and he's perfectly within his rights to send an unsolicited letter to your wife and employer detailing all the websites you visited both while at work, at home and on your phone?

Gotchya

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So Google is perfectly within their rights to send an unsolicited letter to your employer detailing all the websites you visited both while at work, at home and on your phone?

Gotcha
Possibly.. depends on what was in the agreement they accepted when they first set up their Google login..if the agreement says they can..then they can..now you know where all the issues surrounding data privacy laws are

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
And I think we'd probably all be shocked at what we agree to when we hit the accept button on a lot of those.
I make all new employees read the EULA for our software service just so I know they understand exactly what's in one of them (ours is 12 pages long)....I also highly encourage them to do this on their private lives as well

Nov 6, 2010
So the kid you beat up in 7th garade now works at Google and he's perfectly within his rights to send an unsolicited letter to your employer detailing all the websites you visited both while at work, at home and on your phone?

Gotchya
I don't think anyone is saying it is right, or even if it is true, it is just so undefined. The technology outpaced the laws, I think that has been apparent for some time.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Read the updated version.
There are lines and illegal things that can be done yes.... however for the topic of Durham probe...nothing he has listed in any of his filings show anything illegal happened....I'm pointing out . everything he has filed so far...I have done legally on a software job with my companies customers

So I think it is best to say...the right wing is way over blowing it now...the left wing is WAY downplaying something they shouldn't...and we have zero clue if anything illegal occured

That is the reality of right now

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
There are lines and illegal things that can be done yes.... however for the topic of Durham probe...nothing he has listed in any of his filings show anything illegal happened....I'm pointing out . everything he has filed so far...I have done legally on a software job with my companies customers

So I think it is best to say...the right wing is way over blowing it now...the left wing is WAY downplaying something they shouldn't...and we have zero clue if anything illegal occured

That is the reality of right now
You and others are missing a key point.

Using someone's personal data to target them for demographic or advertising purposes has no malicious intent. Clearly someone had malicious intent if Durham's findings are proven.

I can go to a gun range and fire a gun at a designated target pursuant to a use agreement, It's not a crime. But if I fire at that same target knowing there is a person behind it with the intent of hitting the person behind the target, that's a crime.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2010

Same thing
I get your point but I would certainly hope that when the White House checks the “I agree” box the terms are a lot more restrictive than when I log into a website. I can’t fathom a situation where the government says “Hey we want you to nose around in here and you can do whatever you want with what you find including sharing it with a political campaign “. Maybe I’m misinterpreting the whole thing but that’s the way it looks to me.

Dec 9, 2013

Using someone's personal data to target them for demographic or advertising purposes has no malicious intent. Clearly someone had malicious intent if Durham's findings are proven.

I can go to a gun range and fire a gun at a designated target pursuant to a use agreement, It's not a crime. But if I fire at that same target knowing there is a person behind it with the intent of hitting the person behind the target, that's a crime.
Certainly this situation could turn on a dime but it looks like there are 2 big indicators to watch. The first is that Tech Exec 1 has not been charged. Maybe he is a cooperating witness and we find out more later. The second and I think more telling is that this appears to involve at a minimum a contract. Maybe I have this wrong but it looks like in Durham’s filing one of the parties involved a sever at Trump Plaza Central Park West. If terms of the contract were violated and Trump can show damages wouldn’t he have a legitimate claim and at least file in civil court? Maybe some of our legal experts can way in here, but wouldn’t this also open Trump up in the discovery phase?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Certainly this situation could turn on a dime but it looks like there are 2 big indicators to watch. The first is that Tech Exec 1 has not been charged. Maybe he is a cooperating witness and we find out more later. The second and I think more telling is that this appears to involve at a minimum a contract. Maybe I have this wrong but it looks like in Durham’s filing one of the parties involved a sever at Trump Plaza Central Park West. If terms of the contract were violated and Trump can show damages wouldn’t he have a legitimate claim and at least file in civil court? Maybe some of our legal experts can way in here, but wouldn’t this also open Trump up in the discovery phase?
I suspect any civil action will follow the completion of any and /or all criminal proceedings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Donald Trump signed a data sharing agreement? There's literally zero chance Party B in my example was party to an agreement with Party A giving up his expectation of privacy.

Same thing
But where did that agreement stretch to computers outside the white house? I think that is also a point of contention.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Rewind 2019

"It’s going to take a hell of a lot of work to make up for all the damage he’s done internationally and nationally," Biden said. "His network of thugs and co-conspirators are going to continue to try to undermine our democracy in the meantime. Imagine what he can do in another year," Biden continued. "Imagine what can happen to Ukraine."