Andy Dodd | LSU Transfer

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 28, 2008
OKC, OK
I noticed that Andy Dodd, LSU's back-up center, announced his departure from the team today. Provided OSU's recent and not to mention, veritable, recruiting success in that part of the region, I wonder if any of our coaches plan on reaching out to him? Andy was a pretty highly touted kid out of HS and sure seems like he could fill an immediate need for this team.

*Casper, please move this posting if it should be located in a different forum.

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/lsu-center-andy-dodd-transfers

Jan 28, 2008
OKC, OK
Gundy also mentioned, maybe as recently as today if I recall, that he's holding two scholarships for transfers. One, specifically, for an OL and the other for a defensive player.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
If he has only one year. Not a fit. We are looking for LT tackles who are grad transfers and perhaps a corner like Josephus said.

Josephus you are a great historian man.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Center is not a position of strength on this team. Lunblade made strides and he gives it his all and then some, but he still struggles at times. We didn't have many guys that were willing to fill in for him either. So, two solid centers would be good for this team.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Don't disagree. Just think LT is more of a priority and we don't have many schollys.
I'd probably prefer the Cal tackle as well, but I haven't looked in to the LSU center yet. Just taking the posts in here at face value.

I'm also not sure how the scholarship cookie crumbled. We knew what seniors were going but we had a couple OLmen transfer out, right?

Oct 30, 2007
It would be awesome to get both Cochran & Dodd. Cochran could step in at LT and let us keep the rest of our starting unit in place. Lundblade needs to get better to hold the starting Center position. If he's already topped out, Dodd could step in this season and Moore would be ready to go the following season.

These two transfers could really help out. Has anyone linked Dodd to Oklahoma State?