Andy Staples' Post-Spring Top 25

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Were we in the top 25 preseason after we lost Zac & Co? Staying in the top 25 might mean we are starting to slowly gain some respect.

Dec 21, 2011
I think TCU is way too high. I see them more as a fringe top 25 or even unranked. WVU seems about right. I still think both teams will struggle with the week in week out competition.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
I think a lot of people are putting a whole bunch of stock in WVU's beat down of Clemson. Let's not forget that this is the same WVU team that got pounded by 5-7 Syracuse and barely beat 6-7 Pitt, 5-7 South Florida, and 2-10 Maryland. They also got beat by 7-6 Louisville.

Apr 14, 2011
Not buying this TCU & WVU top 15 crap. Sorry, but these teams are going to have to prove themselves in a big time conference before I'm buying the hype that they can compete every week. We've seen that they can show up for a few big games a year but it's a totally different game when you have to show up every single Saturday with your "A" Game.

Feel free to feed me a nice helping of this comment if I'm wrong but I don't think I will be. I believe everyone is jumping the gun with these two teams moving right into powerhouse positions.

Sep 28, 2010
I think TCU is way too high. I see them more as a fringe top 25 or even unranked. WVU seems about right. I still think both teams will struggle with the week in week out competition.
Very much agreed though I think WVU might be a bit high. I think they probably end up top 25 but we'll have to see how they do every week.

OSU_CC

Territorial Marshal
Dec 4, 2010
I think that's about where we will start and end up. I'll be happy if we are higher ranked than that by the end of the season.

Hopefully if TCU and WVU are overrated, we can capitalize on those inflated rankings!
It will be very tough to beat OU in Norman next year even if we happen to win out the rest.

Texas, WVU, and TCU at home will surely help us. The K-STATE game away will be brutal but I think we can maybe get out of there with a win.

Starting off the season strong is important. We need to get Lunt as ready as he can be for Big 12 football.

I can definitely see us getting an at-large bid next year if Wes Lunt plays good. It'll be hard to take the conference.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Tulsa, OK
Of course WVU and TCU are high, but this is a good thing. It only helps the perception of the Big XII.

It just helps us move up faster when we beat them. ;)

Sep 28, 2010
I think that's about where we will start and end up. I'll be happy if we are higher ranked than that by the end of the season.

Hopefully if TCU and WVU are overrated, we can capitalize on those inflated rankings!
It will be very tough to beat OU in Norman next year even if we happen to win out the rest.

Texas, WVU, and TCU at home will surely help us. The K-STATE game away will be brutal but I think we can maybe get out of there with a win.

Starting off the season strong is important. We need to get Lunt as ready as he can be for Big 12 football.

I can definitely see us getting an at-large bid next year if Wes Lunt plays good. It'll be hard to take the conference.
I think you're really, REALLY optimistic there. I don't care how talented the kid is (and I know very little about him) but it's a huge jump to adjust from the high school game to the college game and especially to do it at a high level. (You also have to replace a few very big pieces on offense.)

He's going to have some growing pains and most likely make some dumb freshman mistakes. I'd wager your "that's where we'll start and end up" approximation is a lot more accurate :)

Nov 19, 2009
Dallas
I've always thought SI treated us the fairest with regards to national media. They were our biggest advocate last year to avoid a rematch.

With that being said, I think 20-25 is an accurate assessment of us.

Jan 2, 2012
Texas/Stillwater
I think you're really, REALLY optimistic there. I don't care how talented the kid is (and I know very little about him) but it's a huge jump to adjust from the high school game to the college game and especially to do it at a high level. (You also have to replace a few very big pieces on offense.)

He's going to have some growing pains and most likely make some dumb freshman mistakes. I'd wager your "that's where we'll start and end up" approximation is a lot more accurate :)
It sounds like a lot but most of the 'experts' seem to think that OSU will win 8 or 9 games this season. 10 wins would be enough to get an at-large bid, that's not too much of a stretch according to the predictions.