Any news on the new field...saw this one on twitter

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 8, 2010
I would love to see the stink-eye Pete logo in the center. I always admired the eye of the Tiger that LSU has on their field. Love the black end zones. The badge in the center would be pretty cool also.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'll second both of these opinions. Cursive script has always been more associated with basketball. Our fans are all encouraged to wear orange to gamedays. I don't want a completely orange field, but it feels like orange should be the second most prominent color besides green.
Sorry man, I love this helmet...IMHO best of all time Oklahoma State Football Helmet
1653279603008.png

Nov 25, 2006
Stillwater, OK
I would love to see the stink-eye Pete logo in the center. I always admired the eye of the Tiger that LSU has on their field. Love the black end zones. The badge in the center would be pretty cool also.
Don’t get your hopes up. It is going to be the brand at center field. The athletic branding manual basically spells it out

“The OSU Brand should appear prominently, whether at midcourt of Gallagher-Iba Arena or on the backstop at Cowgirl Stadium.”

pokefan05

Country Boys Country Toys
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Need stinky pete instead of regular pete on the design with the cursive & black end zones. That would be perfect.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
A couple of things.

It’s definitely a player safety thing to get more space in the corners. I remember multiple incidents where I was worried a player that crashed into the wall wouldn’t get up. It won’t affect home field advantage, the only time players are in those corners are when they score. Fans will still be right on top of their bench and just about 5 feet or so further away in the corners.

I kind of like black in the endzones, but I doubt we see that. In the heat of the summer it would be very hot for stretching lines. Also, black would fade pretty quickly in the sun and look like crap a few years in. I can’t think of another turf field with black as the base color for their endzones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 7, 2006
A couple of things.

It’s definitely a player safety thing to get more space in the corners. I remember multiple incidents where I was worried a player that crashed into the wall wouldn’t get up. It won’t affect home field advantage, the only time players are in those corners are when they score. Fans will still be right on top of their bench and just about 5 feet or so further away in the corners.

I kind of like black in the endzones, but I doubt we see that. In the heat of the summer it would be very hot for stretching lines. Also, black would fade pretty quickly in the sun and look like crap a few years in. I can’t think of another turf field with black as the base color for their endzones.

Texas Tech has black end zones. So, we probably want to avoid that... for obvious reasons.

pokefan05

Country Boys Country Toys
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
A couple of things.

Tech has a turf field with black end zones. I'm glad they are taking rows out in the east end zone though, I hate not being able to see the end of the play when we throw a fade to the corner.