At what point to we evaluate Rob Glass?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Not saying he isn't highly regarded. That is a list. How do they determine numerical rankings for strength coaches? What metrics do they use?
I think that the "metrics" that you are looking for is to look at where the kids came into the program and where they left the program. Since Coach Glass came here from his 10 year stint at Florida, there has been a drastic change. Besides how many S&C coaches are asst AD

Rob Glass - <span>Assistant AD / Athlete Performance</span> - Staff Directory - Oklahoma State University Athletics (okstate.com)

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
I think that the "metrics" that you are looking for is to look at where the kids came into the program and where they left the program. Since Coach Glass came here from his 10 year stint at Florida, there has been a drastic change. Besides how many S&C coaches are asst AD

Rob Glass - <span>Assistant AD / Athlete Performance</span> - Staff Directory - Oklahoma State University Athletics (okstate.com)
That's fair. As a fan on the outside, I certainly wouldn't have any reason to believe he's not doing a good job.
I've never heard anyone complain about his methods, so it really doens't matter if he's 3rd or 30th on a list, as long as those on the inside seem to be happy.

Jan 14, 2006
Not saying he isn't highly regarded. That is a list. How do they determine numerical rankings for strength coaches? What metrics do they use?
Recruiting averages vs actual results would tell you that we win more with lower rated recruits than anyone. Some combination of our talent identification, player development or coaching is elite.

Given how poorly some of the armchairs around here (not you specifically) view our coaching, we must be the best at evaluating and developing talent in the nation.

Aug 29, 2004
Austin, TX
Injuries are part of the sport, unfortunately. Look at what happened to the Ravens this season with their RBs.

I actually have wondered for a while if having less practices in full pads and less practice in general is hurting NCAA and NFL players. They've been in pretty controlled environments lifting, running and going through drills, but not doing a lot of tackling or full speed. I think their bodies just aren't really prepped for game speed and intensity, so we see a rash of injuries to start the season.
I watched football all day Saturday and Sunday. It feels as though there's a timeout for injury almost every 4 or 5 plays, both college and pro. Typically it's a lower body injury.

A little off topic, but between all of the time stops in injuries and official reviews, the games are becoming extremely difficult to watch on TV, and most games are lasting close to 4 hours.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
There's really no way to quantify this. In fact, most programs make the same claim.
Well he is the 4th highest paid strength and conditioning coach in the country so that's one way to express how we feel about him. He's also a masters strength and conditioning coach and highly valued and credited for our success over the past 15 years. Before him we tended to lose fourth quarter games and now we win them routinely. I think he is the biggest key to our football programs stability over the past 15 years.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I watched football all day Saturday and Sunday. It feels as though there's a timeout for injury almost every 4 or 5 plays, both college and pro. Typically it's a lower body injury.

A little off topic, but between all of the time stops in injuries and official reviews, the games are becoming extremely difficult to watch on TV, and most games are lasting close to 4 hours.
a LOT of teams are faking injury on defense to disrupt momentum. Tulsa is a prime example of this....as is anyone with an ex-Briles coach in charge.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
@BeltonPoke I agree that coaches contracts should always be based on performance and YES, we have had significant injuries. And Yes it does also look weird because so much is clustered on OL and WR

Now, since you brought that up:
1) What would be your acceptable metric for injuries?

2) Please list the schools that are achieving those targets.

3) Please provide a thorough evaluation of Rob Glass's 27 years at Oklahoma State and where you feel he needs to improve.

4) Should he also be removed from his Master Strength and Conditioning designation from National Conference of Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association?

5) Please list all suitable strength and conditioning coaches that would be an immediate upgrade.

I'm confident Mike Gundy and the rest of the athletic department are anxiously awaiting your valued feedback.

Last edited: