Austin Hay will most likely play this year

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUjr

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 5, 2012
Like the freshman class of wr's this year a lot!! We also have a nice group coming in next yr (so far), anyone know if Laquon Treadwell has visited Stillwater yet, I think maybe he's holding off to commit until he sees how things will turn out with Wes!

LakeCowboy

1945 National Champions
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
From what Coach Dunn said, the freshman have the size, athleticism, ball skills to play right away, Austin has been the most consistent in his ability to read coverages and understand what routes to run to get underneath receivers open if the defense takes away his role in the play. The others are still working on understanding what to do in those situations, and what reads to make.

Anaranjado

It is Stillwater, not Stilly.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2011
Denver, CO
Jan 21, 2012
Something to think about.

How funny will it be if Austin ends up making a game winning TD pass against Texas...the team he grew up wanting to play for? Over the years I have made lots of friends on the various UT sites and they are disgusted that OSU snatched Austin up while Mack Brown was busy going after 4 and 5 star players who are fast as hell, but couldn't catch VD in a Haitian whorehouse. While the OSU Freshman WRs have caught everything thrown to them, reports out of Austin are that there are too many dropped balls.

Someone mentioned Trevor Knight, OU QB. He has visited Stillwater and has played some golf with Austin and Blake this summer. I can see where that might make a great Bedlam story line in the future.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Uncle purple, I know a lot of coaches around Texas and I've heard from many that said he was the best offensive skill guy in that region. And getting hurt his junior year cost him dozens of D1 offers his senior year. I saw somewhere where Monken said he liked him the first time he saw him. Monken saw an athlete and he got him. So OSU didn't take a chance on him, they just out hustled the other schools and we have Monken to thank for that. My hope is your nephew makes everyone forget about Addison and Allen. Good luck to your nephew.

Forget about who? :confused::D:pistols:

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Something to think about.

How funny will it be if Austin ends up making a game winning TD pass against Texas...the team he grew up wanting to play for? Over the years I have made lots of friends on the various UT sites and they are disgusted that OSU snatched Austin up while Mack Brown was busy going after 4 and 5 star players who are fast as hell, but couldn't catch VD in a Haitian whorehouse. While the OSU Freshman WRs have caught everything thrown to them, reports out of Austin are that there are too many dropped balls.

Someone mentioned Trevor Knight, OU QB. He has visited Stillwater and has played some golf with Austin and Blake this summer. I can see where that might make a great Bedlam story line in the future.
Uncle Purple, you owe me lunch from Wendy's as I just spit it everywhere on that comment. :lol:

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
A/V Subscriber
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Austin will be frightening with another offseason under Coach Glass. Could be either the next Jordy Nelson or the first Austin Hays. :thumbup:

Jan 21, 2012
Austin will be frightening with another offseason under Coach Glass. Could be either the next Jordy Nelson or the first Austin Hays. :thumbup:
Usually the "white" guy is compared to Wes Welker..Blake Webb pretty much fits that mold. Jordy Nelson fits Austin as well, but so does Michael Irvin. LOL