Baseball ranked #25!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 8, 2010
It's so sad to even be having this conversation. It just seems like yesterday when we were expected not only to get into post season play but be in Omaha every year. And a top 25 ranking would have been considered a subpar year. But then again, it wasn't that long ago when people would have laughed if you told them our football team was going to contend for a MNC and it was going to be between us Alabama and LSU!

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
well in fairness to Jim Traber we did stink. We were 16-17 until we won 8 in a row. We were 182 in RPI out of 297 team.

Someone needs to work on some basic math skills.

In all fairness to Traber, he doesn't deserve fairness. All he does is lie about being invited to alumni events. And then PM me and whine to me about calling him a liar.

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
Wait, Traber is on OP???
He doesn't post very often, but when he does, it's generally to tell everyone how dumb they are and how we should all give it up to him as A) A former Oklahoma State baseball and football player; B) A former member of the Baltimore Orioles; C) A friend of Billy Ripken; and D) A born-again Christian of superior moral character and virtue.

PC_cowboy33

Orange ruler guy
Feb 7, 2007
Edmond
www.facebook.com
We did go to Omaha in 99 though, but I totally agree. Our facilities and administrative support sucks.
More speaking to the expectation...tough to expect a team to go to Omaha every year in this conference. Not even Texas - with it's facilities, money, and fan support being on par with anyone in the country - could reasonably expect to be in Omaha every year. We haven't been able to reasonably expect Omaha since Ward left (in my opinion), and that was a long long time ago.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
More speaking to the expectation...tough to expect a team to go to Omaha every year in this conference. Not even Texas - with it's facilities, money, and fan support being on par with anyone in the country - could reasonably expect to be in Omaha every year. We haven't been able to reasonably expect Omaha since Ward left (in my opinion), and that was a long long time ago.

I agree.

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
wonder how many other fanbases would say that while tied for 3rd in the Big 12? My guess is none...maybe the aggies, but they're the SEC's problem now.
When we were 15-16 I was all for firing Frank. But he's got us right where we should be. We aren't gonna catch UT A&M or this year Baylor. But 3/4 in the Big 12 with what support/facilities we have is great.

Jun 23, 2011
Tulsa, OK
wonder how many other fanbases would say that while tied for 3rd in the Big 12? My guess is none...maybe the aggies, but they're the SEC's problem now.

you can say all you want but until we went on an 8 game win streak we were 16-17...if you think coaching gets you on an 8 game winning streak you are crazy. We are hot right now...next game could start an 8 game losing streak and we could be right back where we started. Coming from somebody that played college baseball i know how this works. One second your hot, the next your not. I hope we can stay hot and win but IMO i think frank anderson is a lousy coach.

I'm not saying we are going to go on a losing streak or that we haven't improved, I just don't want to settle for being in the middle of the pack in the big XII. OSU baseball should mean more to us than that. I think we need to get an OSU guy in there. This is just my opinion.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
you can say all you want but until we went on an 8 game win streak we were 16-17...if you think coaching gets you on an 8 game winning streak you are crazy. We are hot right now...next game could start an 8 game losing streak and we could be right back where we started. Coming from somebody that played college baseball i know how this works. One second your hot, the next your not. I hope we can stay hot and win but IMO i think frank anderson is a lousy coach.

I'm not saying we are going to go on a losing streak or that we haven't improved, I just don't want to settle for being in the middle of the pack in the big XII. OSU baseball should mean more to us than that. I think we need to get an OSU guy in there. This is just my opinion.
So, coaches have nothing to do with winning, but are solely to blame for a losing streak. Very interesting...