Baseball vs Little Rock

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Not suggesting UALR is good, but they were 6-2 before they came to Stillwater.
They had 3 or 4 guys hitting well over 300 and a couple over 400. Which is impressive no matter what. I think they are a decent team. They took 2 of 3 from Illinois state who hung with ou last week and almost won the Louisville regional last year. No doubt the competition takes a step up this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
During recent years where we have struggled some in February many of us have always cautioned that you have to wait until June to judge the team. This year we are playing great and I have to remind myself that there is still a lot of baseball to be played. But this is one of the most impressive starts to a season in recent years.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
During recent years where we have struggled some in February many of us have always cautioned that you have to wait until June to judge the team. This year we are playing great and I have to remind myself that there is still a lot of baseball to be played. But this is one of the most impressive starts to a season in recent years.
Totally agree. The starting pitching, other than Scott, still concerns me but I also have a lot of faith that Walton will have them improving as the season goes along. I have to remind myself that Cobb and Hatch didn’t exactly kill it early in their freshman seasons either. And I still remember Cobb’s amazing outing vs CS Fullerton in the regional as a freshman. He was tremendous that night.

I haven’t felt this good about our ability to grind out tough AB’s since 2015. But, I’m not sure I remember any of Holliday’s teams finding the barrel this often this early in a season.

Lots to be excited about.

P.S. am I seeing correctly that we have now played 5 straight games without an error? Something else that’s impressive this early, especially considering that the weather wasn’t great for practicing in January and early February.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Totally agree. The starting pitching, other than Scott, still concerns me but I also have a lot of faith that Walton will have them improving as the season goes along. I have to remind myself that Cobb and Hatch didn’t exactly kill it early in their freshman seasons either. And I still remember Cobb’s amazing outing vs CS Fullerton in the regional as a freshman. He was tremendous that night.

I haven’t felt this good about our ability to grind out tough AB’s since 2015. But, I’m not sure I remember any of Holliday’s teams finding the barrel this often this early in a season.

Lots to be excited about.

P.S. am I seeing correctly that we have now played 5 straight games without an error? Something else that’s impressive this early, especially considering that the weather wasn’t great for practicing in January and early February.
Wow that’s a great stat!

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Good midweek series for the pokes. Missed most of it, meetings all week. Looking forward to this weekend's games. Go Pokes!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feb 14, 2020
Stillwater
CJ making a case for more weekend mound time
This is a good point to make. Team looks solid so far, just have to find those two other starters to go with Parker on the weekends. It very well could be the two freshman that are in there right now. It's early still, but we have to hope for more consistency from the other weekend starters come conference time.

Feb 18, 2009
I'll be there with my wife and grandson. Looks like the temps will be great but windy on Sunday at 22mph.
22 blowing out! Going to be a really nice weekend I think. Hoping for no worse than 2-1, really want to beat both UCLA and A$M, that should make people forget about GCU real quick. I'll be there all three days.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
This is a good point to make. Team looks solid so far, just have to find those two other starters to go with Parker on the weekends. It very well could be the two freshman that are in there right now. It's early still, but we have to hope for more consistency from the other weekend starters come conference time.
I love the upside of the freshmen pitchers, but I hope Standlee gets a start this weekend. He’s got the experience and has pitched well in this early part of the season.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
Stopped by the ballpark on my way home tonight and the Pokes were taking BP. Lots of good swings. I haven’t been this excited about our hitting this early in the season for several years. We will know much more about the offense after this weekend. With the teams we are playing there won’t be any gimmies on the mound. If we hit well this weekend we will know our bats are for real.