Basketball 2021/2022 - Potential Improvements

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Damnit. Assuming our bigs have played as well as they have resulting from Canen being on staff, I am actually disappointed to have him move on. While getting Rencher in as a means for the recruit, the transfer, and his potential recruiting abilities; I hope that there is not a constant turnover in coaches specifically to get a guy here or there. Yes, I know that people move on and up in their careers, and such is the business.
I have to hope that the development we've seen from Boone & Kouma has been the results of a group effort by the coaching staff and not just from Cunningham. He'll be a big loss if that development stops.

Sep 23, 2010
We will be perfectly fine without Cannen. We need a guy who can recruit in that position. We need good players. We have plenty of guys who can coach a guy up if he has some real talent.

Oct 30, 2007
The Omaha World Herald has confirmed that Terrence Rencher is leaving Creighton for Oklahoma State. We should get an official announcement soon.

https://omaha.com/sports/college/cr...cle_1b746270-9944-11eb-b3ef-b3a5761f7a8b.html
Creighton assistant Terrence Rencher plans to leave for Oklahoma State
No official announcement has been made, but Rencher has reportedly been a target for the open OSU coaching spot for several days. The World-Herald confirmed Tuesday that Rencher intends to join the Cowboys' program.

Oct 30, 2007
Has good size, I wonder if he will play the 4 mainly? I guess with a small ball lineup could probably play the 5 as well
That's my guess. He reminds me a little bit of Moncrieffe with a little bit less size, but more range. He shot 38.9% from 3 last year, and he looks pretty athletic. He looks like he has a lot of potential.

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
That's my guess. He reminds me a little bit of Moncrieffe with a little bit less size, but more range. He shot 38.9% from 3 last year, and he looks pretty athletic. He looks like he has a lot of potential.

Would love a big man who can stretch the floor for us and it looks like he was a top 200 recruit on most recruiting sites too, so like you said for sure has a lot of potential!

Jun 20, 2013

It was obviously limited minutes, but 39% is excited as all get out. If he can be a guy that can catch and shoot, but also put the ball on the floor. That would fill a major hole that everyone was hoping for earlier in this thread.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
It was obviously limited minutes, but 39% is excited as all get out. If he can be a guy that can catch and shoot, but also put the ball on the floor. That would fill a major hole that everyone was hoping for earlier in this thread.
That 39% is 7-18 on the season so not a huge sample size. But like they always say you can’t coach size.

Sep 23, 2010
This Syracuse kid would be squarely competing for Keylan's minutes I would think. 7-18 is a very small sample size for 3's.

Next year:
AA
Ice
Rondell
MAM
Kalib

Returning Subs:
Maybe B. Williams, Keylan, Kouma, D. Williams, C. Harris

Newcomers:
Newton,

When I look at this, I would really like to another sound player or two to get us to 8 dudes that we can count on. Bryce coming back would help that. If he comes back, I feel pretty good about 6 coming back. I also believe Keylan will be helping us consistently next year. Kouma, D. Williams, C. Harris .... they still have a great deal to prove.

Jun 14, 2011
This Syracuse kid would be squarely competing for Keylan's minutes I would think. 7-18 is a very small sample size for 3's.

Next year:
AA
Ice
Rondell
MAM
Kalib

Returning Subs:
Maybe B. Williams, Keylan, Kouma, D. Williams, C. Harris

Newcomers:
Newton,

When I look at this, I would really like to another sound player or two to get us to 8 dudes that we can count on. Bryce coming back would help that. If he comes back, I feel pretty good about 6 coming back. I also believe Keylan will be helping us consistently next year. Kouma, D. Williams, C. Harris .... they still have a great deal to prove.
No big arguments here on any of that. I could see B. Will and Rondell rotating in and out of that last starter spot. The other guy, Keylan, and Kouma being the first off the bench.

I wanted to add, Ice's three point shooting numbers were 8-18 (44.4%), and how many of us felt good when he got the ball out there? A huge majority of the time, the ball would swing his way and he would be standing there WIDE OPEN because the other team had no respect for his shot. What did he do in most of those times? Not shoot, leading to clogged lanes and easier defense for the other team. Really frustrating to watch as a fan. 50,000 three point shots this summer; that is what he needs to do. Not just to become a better shooter, which he desperately needs, but so he has the confidence to actually shoot it when he gets the ball. I'd say that he only needs to shoot threes, but his jump shot in general is not good. No, scratch that (57% FT), his shot is bad; period.

Sep 23, 2010
No big arguments here on any of that. I could see B. Will and Rondell rotating in and out of that last starter spot. The other guy, Keylan, and Kouma being the first off the bench.

I wanted to add, Ice's three point shooting numbers were 8-18 (44.4%), and how many of us felt good when he got the ball out there? A huge majority of the time, the ball would swing his way and he would be standing there WIDE OPEN because the other team had no respect for his shot. What did he do in most of those times? Not shoot, leading to clogged lanes and easier defense for the other team. Really frustrating to watch as a fan. 50,000 three point shots this summer; that is what he needs to do. Not just to become a better shooter, which he desperately needs, but so he has the confidence to actually shoot it when he gets the ball. I'd say that he only needs to shoot threes, but his jump shot in general is not good. No, scratch that (57% FT), his shot is bad; period.
Lol. When people were talking about Newton's 38% with this sample size, Ice is exactly who I thought of. Guy can't shoot but if someone who has never seen him play might be excited about that 8-18.

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
It’s too bad we couldn’t get Gardner from East Carolina. We need someone who can bang down low and I don’t think Newton is that. I still have nightmares of that Center from Liberty just abusing us down low.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby

Lol. When people were talking about Newton's 38% with this sample size, Ice is exactly who I thought of. Guy can't shoot but if someone who has never seen him play might be excited about that 8-18.
Ice played 33.9 MPG across 24 games and Newton played 7.9 MPG across 11 games.

Newton played 10% of the minutes Ice did and they both shot 18 three's. I think it's safe to say Newton is a more confident shooter than Ice.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
Ice played 33.9 MPG across 24 games and Newton played 7.9 MPG across 11 games.

Newton played 10% of the minutes Ice did and they both shot 18 three's. I think it's safe to say Newton is a more confident shooter than Ice.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Yeah. It's hard to tell with that sample size though. Newton certainly prefers to shoot more 3's per shot than Ice. We know that much. But if he misses two more of those shots in that small amount of shots, he's 28% shooter. If he makes two more, he's 50% from 3.