Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I love how freaked out and butthurt they are about the possibility of their big bro crashing their sec party. I can easily see how all the recruiting momentum of aggie will spill into texas and aggie will go back to being largely irrelevant again.
As will the goons, welcome to .500 fb. The new Arkansas is in Norman
Weird.

Y’all have been doing that in the Big 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Where’s your conference future gonna be?

Big XII adding some garbage schools to stay afloat? Dissolving completely? Join the Big 10? ACC? A G5 conference?

A more competitive league with a richer recruiting base and more money for the university is a great thing. You mean Oklahoma won’t run roughshod through the competition every year?!?! Iron will have to sharpen iron?!!! OH NO!!!

You’re not supposed to shy away from competition, you’re supposed to invite it. Oklahoma has always had to rely on the competition from the conference and compensate by scheduling a quality OOC matchup every year. Now they won’t have to do that. The competition will come from inside the conference. And the payout from the conference will be significantly higher.

But don’t worry, we’ll still schedule y’all for your annual ass whooping every year.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
You really think that a&m is getting recruits that would want to go to Texas, but only go to the Aggies because of sec?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
You know how I know you guys REALLY don’t pay attention to recruiting?

Texas pretty much gets whoever they want and then walk ONS as well. A&M had not done any damage to them. Their coaching hires and donor control have done that.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
View attachment 91110

We'll be fine. We've become more desirable to other conferences in the last decade.
Sec only took Texas because they wanted another team that all the upper members could beat up on every year, and they wanted to add another middle of the road team in Uo that would look good on Alabama's resume.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Yes. Because you can dominate a conference forever and be a nice middle of the road opponent.

Y’all are a middle of the road opponent. Texas is a middle of the road opponent.

You’d think you’d know where programs stood by now.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Yes. Because you can dominate a conference forever and be a nice middle of the road opponent.

Y’all are a middle of the road opponent. Texas is a middle of the road opponent.

You’d think you’d know where programs stood by now.

Texas will drop to lower tier, you will drop to middle of the road.
Keep crowing... You think you're gonna waltz in there and be a leader... Can't wait for those chants of "It just means more". While you continually miss out on being on top.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Elaborate. Because OU is recruiting at a level to be very competitive in that conference. And they'll only recruit better going forward. okie state though, they have a real opportunity to be the leader of a mid major. And that has to be exciting.

Texas pretty much gets whoever they want and then walk ONS as well. A&M had not done any damage to them. Their coaching hires and donor control have done that.

2017 tx #25 class, aggie #13
Dec 1 they hire fisher
2018 tx has #2 class, aggie #17
2019 texas has #3 class, aggie #4.
2020 texas #8, aggie #6
2021 tx #15, aggie #8

I'm seeing a pattern developing here. they are definitely using their 'we are the only sec team in texas' on the recruiting trail. texas has and will always recruit well, and historically, way better than aggie. but not so much anymore.

Keep crowing... You think you're gonna waltz in there and be a leader... Can't wait for those chants of "It just means more". While you continually miss out on being on top.

That really sounds like wishful thinking. You really ought to consider checking out how OU is recruiting right now and try to reconcile how that jives with your statement. I dont expect them to take 6 in a row by any means, but OU will compete and will win that conference before any texas team does.

If Recent history is any indication, Oklahoma will be very successful against just about everyone in that conference who isn’t the best team in the country that year.

Last edited:

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Elaborate. Because OU is recruiting at a level to be very competitive in that conference. And they'll only recruit better going forward. okie state though, they have a real opportunity to be the leader of a mid major. And that has to be exciting.

Dec 1 they hire fisher
2020 texas #8, aggie #6
2021 tx #15, aggie #8

I'm seeing a pattern developing here. they are definitely using their 'we are the only sec team in texas' on the recruiting trail. texas has and will always recruit well, and historically, way better than aggie. but not so much anymore.

That really sounds like wishful thinking. You really ought to consider checking out how OU is recruiting right now and try to reconcile how that jives with your statement. I dont expect them to take 6 in a row by any means, but OU will compete and will win that conference before any texas team does.

If Recent history is any indication, Oklahoma will be very successful against just about everyone in that conference who isn’t the best team in the country that year.
Wow, you are really invested in your false narrative, I'll give you that.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Oklahoma has one of the best offenses in the country every single year. And now has a highly ranked defense.

They’re not the leader until they knock the crown off Alabama’s head. Everyone else has been one and done. Oklahoma is gonna jump right up with Georgia, LSU, and Florida right off the bat.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Dec 1 they hire fisher
2020 texas #8, aggie #6
2021 tx #15, aggie #8

The Aggies recruiting (and recruits in general) gets a bump simply because of SEC. It doesn't mean those players are actually better than what Texas gets.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I cant help but to notice that you declined to elaborate on your statement. Also noticed how you were unable to (yet again) dispute the content of my post. I welcome your refutation.
Laughable, just laughable. Enjoy being .500.
It’s interesting how you don’t seem to have the capability to actually constructively dispute anything I said.

Enjoy being a mid major And all of the financial and recruiting windfalls associated with your new league.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Dec 1 they hire fisher
2020 texas #8, aggie #6
2021 tx #15, aggie #8

The Aggies recruiting (and recruits in general) gets a bump simply because of SEC. It doesn't mean those players are actually better than what Texas gets.

It’s more than just a bump, they are out recruiting their big bro which has never been a thing before. It would be almost as crazy as Okie state having a better recruiting class than Oklahoma. Almost that unheard of.