Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
What would you pay Jim Knowles to replace Grinch? Or are you still waiting on whatever it is about his guys? Lol
You’ll find out his worth when he moves on to greener pastures like any other coordinator or assistant who’s shown any modicum of competence in Stillwater.

Remember what happened last year with your all world defense right? Our backup quarterback carved them up and Sanders crapped down his leg all night. Your “offense” is even more one dimensional now.

Not a recipe for success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
Bedlam is rarely fun, but we have to figure out how we will score in Ames before we can look to unbeaten bedlam. I like our team but we could’ve lost every game this season. I guess y’all can say the same thing too, outside of TCU.
True, OU still has Baylor in Waco and IS in Norman. Still hoping for an undefeated Bedlam!

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You’ll find out his worth when he moves on to greener pastures like any other coordinator or assistant who’s shown any modicum of competence in Stillwater.

Remember what happened last year with your all world defense right? Our backup quarterback carved them up and Sanders crapped down his leg all night. Your “offense” is even more one dimensional now.

Not a recipe for success.

Yeah, I recall the banged up defense on the field all night. That’ll happen when your offense lacks. But your defense gets gashed every week because they aren’t good!

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Meanwhile…. Oklahoma just put up 50+ on a Gary Patterson defense with a true freshman at QB.

How many times you think that’s happened in the past few years? I know the answer because I had to look it up.

Gotta outscore someone to beat ‘em. And two of Caleb’s incompletions were dropped touchdowns. So there’s that.

He's a level of special you just dont see much. He's got that Kyler Murray type of juice to him, except he has a Mayfield-esque type of charisma and leadership style, and seems as cool and calm as sunshine when he was at clemson. Just him being on the field elevates OU's profile too, he's probably going to be one of those media darling types. Get ready for all the bs.

What is it about the offensive performance that I shouldn’t be impressed about?

Why would anyonunimpressed by OU's offensive performance?
Yeah. Imagine ISU having your number and then blaming it as “their superbowl.”
Well, for most of the big 12, playing OU is the biggest game on their schedule. You dont think gundy has that game circled? thanksgiving with the gundys is going to be something else.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Well, for most of the big 12, playing OU is the biggest game on their schedule. You dont think gundy has that game circled? thanksgiving with the gundys is going to be something else.
I imagine Gundy quit circling the game after 2013. Mike and Cale's mom, Judy, passed away last year and ever since Bedlam became a personal thing for their family, they were not allowed to discuss it at holidays. Since she's gone, I don't know if they're still honoring that rule or not. If I was Mike, I'd just have a nice time without Cale on the ranch or the lake. That way things would be of my interest. I'm not Mike Gundy though and if I was, I would've started Weeden in '09 Bedlam.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
He's a level of special you just dont see much. He's got that Kyler Murray type of juice to him, except he has a Mayfield-esque type of charisma and leadership style, and seems as cool and calm as sunshine when he was at clemson. Just him being on the field elevates OU's profile too, he's probably going to be one of those media darling types. Get ready for all the bs

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Beating the Horns in Austin is commendable, shows how bad their D is. Like I mentioned earlier, undefeated bedlams are much more fun.
Bedlam is rarely fun, but we have to figure out how we will score in Ames before we can look to unbeaten bedlam. I like our team but we could’ve lost every game this season. I guess y’all can say the same thing too, outside of TCU.
Actually, TCU got it close there in the 4th. They had opportunities. It wasn't a cut and dry runaway victory.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 22, 2021
Tulsa
Actually, TCU got it close there in the 4th. They had opportunities. It wasn't a cut and dry runaway victory.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Yeah the Defense is looking pretty thin down 4 starters and it showed dramatically on Saturday. Hopefully some of those guys get healthy over the next three weeks. Last three games could be guaranteed shootouts if not.

Last edited:

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Ooooohhhh man. Hey look I found a slightly more followed Twitter number cruncher.

View attachment 92607

Where do we get our trophy from?

In that scenario, we would have split the Bedlam conference game and the Big 12 championship game. I'm down.

Would be nice to win at home, but losing at home and then winning at Jerry's would mean we get another trophy for Heritage Hall. But wining at home, losing at Jerry's, and then beating OU in the playoffs would also be neat.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
In that scenario, we would have split the Bedlam conference game and the Big 12 championship game. I'm down.

Would be nice to win at home, but losing at home and then winning at Jerry's would mean we get another trophy for Heritage Hall. But wining at home, losing at Jerry's, and then beating OU in the playoffs would also be neat.
High apple pie in the sky hopes.