Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Bob has the gift of gab. I can h/t that, but I'll call that presser what it was.. damage control. The internet made things worse by leading everyone to believe it was the Venables presser. The internet is undefeated, so well done on that. Former OU players took it hook line and sinker. It was beautiful.

Back to Bob's good job though.. it is going to be countered hard by so many coaches. Yeah, kid.. Bob is talking to you but who's the actual new coach going to be? Is he going to fit your style? Hell, Bob mentioned that kids will likely leave because the next coach might not be a good fit for them. You don't know who that next coach is and we both know you're a helluva fit here.

It's happening right now to both recruits and current players.
Yeah, damage control is what you do in a situation like this. It'd have been disappointing to see them already hiring someone after a day.

Well, duh, of course that's what you say to try to counter it. And I'm sure he's experienced enough to have something to say about those concerns. I do know it'll be a good hire though, and I'm expecting if it's not an experienced HC, then it'll be a DC who can recruit. Which is why so many think BV is that guy, and very well could be.

I am less concerned than you seem to think I should be. But I suspect this is just your personal desires for all things bad to happen to all things having anything to do with OU. It's only natural for certain types of people who enjoy kicking a man when he's down. or this is your way of rubbing in the loss that nobody cares about. now taht I do get, biggest victory probably of gundy's career, biggest victory possibly in program history up to this point, and all anyone can talk about is OU. You really missed out on a chance to shove this in the faces of OU fans everywhere, but this is the one time we really dont care. Oh well. I hope they beat baylor. I hope they get the 4th seed vs Georgia. I'd really enjoy watching that game. But, for a different reason than you.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
the mullet is the king of football?? :rolleyes: Ok go beat the Bears and you can be king for a day.....
OK, go hire a coach that has a better coaching resume than Gundy and then you can puff your chest out again. Gundy has bragging rights and will hold onto them while you and Texas fight for relevance in your new conference. Two crippled programs that deserve every bit of it.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
"Sinking Ship"?? :lol: DipWhit deserves a participation trophy. Better than being on a lil bro ship that wont float...why arent all these HC openings coming after the mullet? Oh wait
It's a sinking ship and you know it. I heard, as well as I am sure you did too, that the 3pm presser yesterday was supposed to be the Venables announcement. That wasn't even close. It was a damage control presser with your daddy bobby to help ease the pain for you morons standing around with your little peckers in your hand. Joe C begged for patience as this will take weeks, so you can pull up your britches now.

I flipped on the sports animal for the first time in several years during my commute yesterday. Dean told the boys that his sources say the Venables talk was unfounded yesterday. They had no clue where it came from. Meanwhile, recruits are dropping like flies and your players are hitting the portal hard like it's Amelia Molitor.

SINKING SHIP

Gundy isn't getting called because he's been raised here yet again and has bluffed multiple times in the past. He's at the twilight of his career and is a game away from the playoffs. There's no reason to expect his phone to ring and I am fine by that. My worry is with Knowles.. PSU just lost their DC. And if y'all pull off a miracle with Venables, you can bet Dabo will give Knowles a ring.

Enjoy the Alamo Bowl! I understand that Cale will be calling up Mike for play calling advice! :lol:
Dude, Oklahoma is one of the best college football programs in the country. Period. They’ll be quite fine whether it’s next year or eventually. Doesn’t matter.

You guys have hitched your wagon to the first girl in your hometown to say yes to the prom and are experiencing your once a decade great season. You know what your ceiling is. This time it’ll be a conference championship and a shellacking in the playoffs, or if the first matchup is favorable, a mudholing by Georgia in a title game.

Then back to bullcrap for a decade til Gundy eventually retires or Forrest Gumps his way back to contention again.

Oklahoma is on another level that you guys only luck into occasionally. That ship has sustained for decades. It’s not sinking by any stretch of the imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Dude, Oklahoma is one of the best college football programs in the country. Period. They’ll be quite fine whether it’s next year or eventually. Doesn’t matter.

You guys have hitched your wagon to the first girl in your hometown to say yes to the prom and are experiencing your once a decade great season. You know what your ceiling is. This time it’ll be a conference championship and a shellacking in the playoffs, or if the first matchup is favorable, a mudholing by Georgia in a title game.

Then back to bullcrap for a decade til Gundy eventually retires or Forrest Gumps his way back to contention again.

Oklahoma is on another level that you guys only luck into occasionally. That ship has sustained for decades. It’s not sinking by any stretch of the imagination.

Only one of our teams has been "mudholed" in the playoffs. Don't project your failure onto us. I'm quite confident in our Defense's ability to not give up 60+.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
OK, go hire a coach that has a better coaching resume than Gundy and then you can puff your chest out again. Gundy has bragging rights and will hold onto them while you and Texas fight for relevance in your new conference. Two crippled programs that deserve every bit of it.
There's a very miniscule chance that OU is in the sec in 2022. So while i get how rare it is for gundy to have any sort of victory over OU, and you folks want to bathe in it, these bragging rights have a very limited shelf life.

Texas is very crippled, OU just took a punch to the face, but this administration isnt soft enough to turn into a texas.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Only one of our teams has been "mudholed" in the playoffs. Don't project your failure onto us. I'm quite confident in our Defense's ability to not give up 60+.
They gave up a lot of points to an OU offense that was a shell of what it was supposed to be, being coached by a guy whose head was in that mecca of homeless people located just a stone's throw from south central. If they played georgia, in the playoffs, they may lose by 3 touchdowns. Then you'll know what it feels like to run into a meat grinder you dont belong in. And you'll also understand why OU fans dont care, they want to get there every year anyway.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
There's a very miniscule chance that OU is in the sec in 2022. So while i get how rare it is for gundy to have any sort of victory over OU, and you folks want to bathe in it, these bragging rights have a very limited shelf life.

Texas is very crippled, OU just took a punch to the face, but this administration isnt soft enough to turn into a texas.
Yet Texas is still dragging you by your nose to your new home, and now laughing because your players and coaches are jumping ship as you go.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
They gave up a lot of points to an OU offense that was a shell of what it was supposed to be, being coached by a guy whose head was in that mecca of homeless people located just a stone's throw from south central. If they played georgia, in the playoffs, they may lose by 3 touchdowns. Then you'll know what it feels like to run into a meat grinder you dont belong in. And you'll also understand why OU fans dont care, they want to get there every year anyway.
Excuse, excuse, excuse, projecting, projecting...:rolleyes: You had a few good drives in the beginning of the game and then we put the clamps on. Only gifted points kept you in it.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC

I get being confident, but you seem way more relaxed than I would be. Every program has down cycles where it just takes one wrong coaching hire. You all are not any better of a program than Notre Dame, Nebraska, Michigan, USC, or Ohio State. All of them have had down periods in recent memory. Even Alabama was lost in the college football wilderness before Saban arrived. You all went through it in the 90s before Stoops turned your program around. I don't think you'll go that route, but I'm not convinced you'll just bounce right back. As the Riley move also shows, you all are going to appeal to a different kind of coach with the SEC move because unlike your record in the Big 12, you realistically don't have a shot at dominating that conference until Saban retires. Maybe you nail the hire, but it could just as easily go the other way.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
It is treading water at the moment, but it's not a sinking ship. It's not like they dont have staff and a hall of fame coach working on things. If this was stillwater state, or program of similar stature, bigger problem. The 3pm presser was exactly what it was supposed to be. Veneables being spotted in norman or having already agreed to take the job, that's all rumors spread on social media and I guess you were one of the people who fell for it. Never a good look to run with a rumor that doesnt happen, and assume that it was some pre-planned thing that fell through. You probably also thought stoops advised fox that he was quitting the show 2 days before the announcement. Another rumor.

And yeah, why wouldnt you, if you were the AD, preach patience? They have never been the type to respond to a situation like this with a knee jerk reaction. Even if they knew who they wanted, they are going to take the right approach and do their due diligence. I hope they interview a handful of people before making a hasty decision like some other schools feel like they have to. It sounds like you really, on a personal level, wish this to be as bad as possible for us fans. And I guess I get it, but it you may be pushing the bounds of where reality and fantasy intersect.

Seeing players leave or decommit is all a part of the process of losing your HC, it's all to be expected. But I also expect a lot of guys to stay on the team or on their commitment.

I suspect gundy isnt being called because no AD out there thinks he's worth that kind of dough. He fits in too well in a medium program whose fans dont expect championships every year, it's really a nice gig for him. Low expectations + a ton of money in a cheap state is about as good as you can hope for if you arent saban. And you can bet that old dirty pair of your sisters panties you stole that knowles' time in stillwater is limited. Probably the first call for dabo for sure.
I don't think you know what treading water means, which isn't surprising, but I am happy to help explain.. People tread water. Ships do not tread water. When a ship takes on water, it sinks. If OU is treading water, it means people are in the water and the ship has sunk. So, you've just told me your ship has sunk. Hell, I didn't go that far. I said it was only sinking.

I didn't fall for any rumor. I heard from all sorts of Sooners that Veneables was taking the job and it was going to be announced at 3pm. I mentioned Joe C's patience request to driver that Veneables point home. Of course, I agree with patience. It was right to request that in his damage control press conference.

Funny you think that OSU doesn't expect championships. We're expecting one this Saturday while you're not sure who to expect on your team for the Alamo. And yes, I wish nothing but the worst for OU and you can thank yourself, your buddies here, and all OU fans that constantly sh!t on OSU, but can't take it when it's served right back to you.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I am less concerned than you seem to think I should be. But I suspect this is just your personal desires for all things bad to happen to all things having anything to do with OU. It's only natural for certain types of people who enjoy kicking a man when he's down. or this is your way of rubbing in the loss that nobody cares about. now taht I do get, biggest victory probably of gundy's career, biggest victory possibly in program history up to this point, and all anyone can talk about is OU. You really missed out on a chance to shove this in the faces of OU fans everywhere, but this is the one time we really dont care. Oh well. I hope they beat baylor. I hope they get the 4th seed vs Georgia. I'd really enjoy watching that game. But, for a different reason than you.
Of course, you can dish it out but can't take it. The higher ground card is an excellent pun for you, but really only works one way. This is the hypocrisy I talk about from you and the other goons all so often.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007

Wonder how many Nubs fans said the same thing as they exited stage right...

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Wait.. so we win the conference championship and get shellacked in the playoffs. Dude, you've put this exact scenario on a pedestal since your first shellacking and rubbed our faces in it, but now all of a sudden it's not good enough for you anymore? More hypocrisy is exactly what I expected from you.

Now, after the shellacking we'll just go back to mediocrity of top 2-4 in the Big 12. Did you forget about conference realignment? The Big 12 looks like ours again next year, dude, even if y'all are still around. It for damn sure is if OU limps into the SEC with Texas. I know OU has a lot of history, but it all came in the Big 8 and Big 12. The game has changed and OU hasn't positioned themselves for this big move very well at all. In fact, they fell on their face and pissed their pants before they even got to the SEC front porch, much less the front door. You can puff your chest out all you want, TG, but right now it's not looking so hot and the entire nation knows it. You keep grasping to your little history book, but you big daddy bobby just said yesterday in his damage control presser that nobody cares about that history anymore. Nobody but y'all it seems.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yet Texas is still dragging you by your nose to your new home, and now laughing because your players and coaches are jumping ship as you go.
I dont think you have the right impression of why OU is going to sec. And i dont know what this has to do with what I said.

Excuse, excuse, excuse, projecting, projecting...:rolleyes: You had a few good drives in the beginning of the game and then we put the clamps on. Only gifted points kept you in it.
Projecting, no, making an observation, yes. You can lie to yourself if you want though.

I had no good drives, I was just watching on tv. But OU did have more points in one half than any other team scored on them all year long, and that same defense made Caleb Williams look a lot better than he did in the previous 2 weeks. 189 rush yards against a defense who gives up an average of 91 per game. The most rush yards on them all year in fact- better than Hall, Robinson, and Evans- the other 3 best rbs in the big 12.

Which tells me the biggest strength of osu can exploited by halfway decent OC who isnt already daydreaming about the job he was officially taking 12 hours later.

But who cares, people still would rather talk about OU & their coaching search.