Bedlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
He’s said and done everything right so far. What would you say he hasnt don’t right? He’s changing the culture in a way that’s resonating with fans and recruits alike. Are you going to apologize for these comments when he signs a top 10 class 6 months from now? Or will you ignore the conversation once signing day comes? I’ll be right here like usual.

Yes the perception is they’re behind right now. We already know that and it’s to be expected in June. But I follow recruiting and I know who he’s getting on campus over and over again. I see who is taking the unofficials time & again. We already know what kind of recruiter he is. Why should I be worried about this in June?
Why would I apologize? I acknowledge it’s early. And WT actual hell? One of the premier programs in all of college sports. One of the best programs in CFB in the last 20 yrs without a Natty. With supposedly one of the best hires in program history and an OC that would make any one want to play and … in your own bullish!+ of words after you e spent the last 6 months telling us how uo has made the best hire and Lincoln leaving was the best and he’s doing an incredibly amazing job and he’s saying everything right and…

you believe. Honestly believe again in your own bullish!+ery of words that it “is to be expected in June” that it’s perceived he is to be behind in June?

Again keep shoveling. Also didn’t your former coach have the #1 23 class before he bolted? How is it he had #1 and your new guy is what #37 and losing commits from the state of TX to Oregon?
Your apology would be for being wrong.

Well, of course it’s to be expected in June. Players don’t usually have all their official visits completed by then. So obviously we will see very few OU commits by June as a result. That was explained in a previous post, so I’m not sure why it’s such a mystery to you. You never answered my question. Why should I be worried about this in June? You can’t be this new to recruiting

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
Why should I be worried about this in June?
Because you never had to be.
Not worried right now. We already know what kind of recruiting this staff is capable of. They already have a better class signed than any class gundy has ever signed in his nearly 20 seasons of doing it.

Riley has a tendency to push people to commit early. And some of those guys don’t stay committed. Too many. Only two decommits in the 21 class. But 9 in 2020 and 7 in 2019. So we really did have to worry, we just didn’t know until someone decommits. I feel more confident that any commits Venables gets are more likely to stay. We will see within the next couple months but if you think OU’s 23 class won’t be real good then youre going to be disappointed.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Not worried right now. We already know what kind of recruiting this staff is capable of. They already have a better class signed than any class gundy has ever signed in his nearly 20 seasons of doing it.

Riley has a tendency to push people to commit early. And some of those guys don’t stay committed. Too many. Only two decommits in the 21 class. But 9 in 2020 and 7 in 2019. So we really did have to worry, we just didn’t know until someone decommits. I feel more confident that any commits Venables gets are more likely to stay. We will see within the next couple months but if you think OU’s 23 class won’t be real good then youre going to be disappointed.
This is the most desperate post I have ever seen

Dec 9, 2013

Schools w new coaches and their recruiting rankings. Which one of these is not like the others edition.

ND-1
Tech-2
USC-11
VaTech-20
TCU-25
LSU-31
UO-37

If Venables is saying and doing all the right things these other guys might just be Nick Saban clones.

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010

This is the most desperate post I have ever seen
Okay but just don’t complain when they sign a top 10 or 15 class again. They already got their 5 star qb. But you think they can’t recruit or what? What’re you getting at?

Dec 9, 2013
Yup. It’s 6 months to signing day. Nd & tech won’t even be in the top 5. You can’t be this new to recruiting. Look where alabama is.

I suspect by December this won’t be a topic you’ll be this interested in. Once recruits finish taking their officials this will change & you’ll see commits. Not sure how else to tell you about how he recruits. But this is what we thought would happen, its not a secret, everyone knows. I don’t know why youre surprised. I’ve already explained, and I’m not bullshitting you. I’m being straight with you here, trying to have a civil discussion.

And yes he’s saying and doing all the right things so far. What would you say he’s not doing right? I like the new emphasis on culture
I agree w Tech but ND currently has a per player ranking that beats all but 1 of uo’s past 10 classes. If serve holds your statement would indicate that uo won’t finish in the top either.

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yup. It’s 6 months to signing day. Nd & tech won’t even be in the top 5. You can’t be this new to recruiting. Look where alabama is.

I suspect by December this won’t be a topic you’ll be this interested in. Once recruits finish taking their officials this will change & you’ll see commits. Not sure how else to tell you about how he recruits. But this is what we thought would happen, its not a secret, everyone knows. I don’t know why youre surprised. I’ve already explained, and I’m not bullshitting you. I’m being straight with you here, trying to have a civil discussion.

And yes he’s saying and doing all the right things so far. What would you say he’s not doing right? I like the new emphasis on culture
I agree w Tech but ND currently has a per player ranking that beats all but 1 of uo’s past 10 classes. If serve holds your statement would indicate that uo won’t finish in the top either.
They’re going to more than likely end up with another top 10 type class. They’re in on a lot of blue chippers who are still taking their visits.

Anyway the point is it’s June. Tech & northwestern are in the top 5. Alabama Michigan lsu and Aggie and OU are in the 30s. Miami with all their NIL money is currently in the 40s. Texas is 29. It’s just not really the time to be doing recruiting smack talk.

Dec 9, 2013

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
He’s going to say that venebles has signed one class that is 8th which is true and that you are using the 23 rankings which are not signed yet.

He’s flexing about recruiting while telling us it’s too early to smack talk recruiting. We all know that if venebles had a top 10 committed class he would be on here telling us how great Brent is.
You can assume whatever you like. I just don’t care about where things stand in June because it’s 6 months until signing day.

I already know he’s a good recruiter. It doesn’t matter when they commit as long as they do when they’re ready

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
He’s going to say that venebles has signed one class that is 8th which is true and that you are using the 23 rankings which are not signed yet.

He’s flexing about recruiting while telling us it’s too early to smack talk recruiting. We all know that if venebles had a top 10 committed class he would be on here telling us how great Brent is.
Brent and Lincoln aren’t the same recruiters. But they are both recruiters.

That’s something Gundy clearly isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk