Bedlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
How do you hire the best defensive guy in the country and best available offensive guy and be a second or third tier program?

Is maintaining a top 10 recruiting class second or third tier too?

Define greener pastures? A desperate program for a pay day?

That’s financially greener pastures. But as far as a program they have been bad for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There you again, sounding like a guy in the second stage of accepting the stepping stone status. Are you having a hard time dealing with Moss Scalp? Your defense of the staffing at your school really needs a refresh. You lost tons of 5* and 4* starters, have a retread of a DC and the OC is fresh off getting shut down in bowl season. What can go wrong?

Last edited:

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Welp.. TG come have your crow. We just poached Auburn’s DC. I’ll be the first to admit, I would’ve never guessed that we’d get that type of hire after JK, but your lack of respect is on another level.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Don't look now, but Mason's Auburn defense held (generational talent, offensive guru, QB whisperer, all-around genius) Lebby's Ole Miss offense to it's lowest point total of the whole year, zero passing TDs, and a fat loss.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I'm waiting on TG and MT to spin this to a goon positive
I’m waiting to see how TG can continue his ill conceived Gundy narrative that Gundy is checked out, he googles coordinators, and that coordinator turnover is a bad thing and only happens at OSU.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Don't look now, but Mason's Auburn defense held (generational talent, offensive guru, QB whisperer, all-around genius) Lebby's Ole Miss offense to it's lowest point total of the whole year, zero passing TDs, and a fat loss.
You left out "Rape Enabler" (or at least Mr. Looks the Other Way (aka Coach Complicit) when it comes to sexual assault).

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
One guy makes home his spewing hot take trash talk on a rival board, the other is one of the most respected analysts in sports.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I’m waiting to see how TG can continue his ill conceived Gundy narrative that Gundy is checked out, he googles coordinators, and that coordinator turnover is a bad thing and only happens at OSU.
You know a real coach never googles anything. Venables has banned all computers, they ain't old timey and tough enough for him.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Auburn had a 61st ranked total defense.

96th ranked passing defense.

Ole Miss still put up 464 yards of offense on them.

And that is with Auburns recruiting classes that are constantly ranked in the teens and occasionally top ten. He’s gonna be working with your 30-40 ranked try hards.

His defenses at Vandy were absolutely putrid when he was a HC.

I’m glad y’all are happy and all. But damn. Pump the brakes.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

And that is with Auburns recruiting classes that are constantly ranked in the teens and occasionally top ten. He’s gonna be working with your 30-40 ranked try hards.

So HC doesn't mean two DCs? Pump your brakes is kind of like the pot calling the kettle a particular color isn't it?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

I know you think you’re above the professionals, but they see it different than you. Btw.. he improved Auburn defense. You sh!t all over Knowles when we hired him and he took our 30-40 ranked try hards and turned them into one of the best units in the nation. We’ve recruited a lot better since then. Care to elaborate on his Stanford defenses?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/what-sec-can-learn-from-defensive-guru-derek-mason/

https://247sports.com/college/aubur...s-style-as-a-defensive-coordinator-161355836/

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yet they were 5th in the defense rich SEC. Damn, ou's defense might make top ten in that league....something to look forward to.
With the talent developers they have on staff, and the way they are recruiting, pretty good chance they’ll be a force to be reckoned with on defense within the next few years. I’m really looking forward to better defensive line and linebacker play. They have one freshman who already runs a 4.4 and out benched most of the offensive line, so he could be fun to watch

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010

I know you think you’re above the professionals, but they see it different than you. Btw.. he improved Auburn defense. You sh!t all over Knowles when we hired him and he took our 30-40 ranked try hards and turned them into one of the best units in the nation. We’ve recruited a lot better since then. Care to elaborate on his Stanford defenses?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/what-sec-can-learn-from-defensive-guru-derek-mason/

https://247sports.com/college/aubur...s-style-as-a-defensive-coordinator-161355836/
I think it was a good hire. Jess remains to be seen how good. It’ll come down to what kind of talent he can recruit to Stillwater

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
So, 15 spots higher than OU's defense?

Unlike OU, Auburn did it facing the 7th toughest schedule in the country.

Unlike Lebby, Mason didn't get a free pass and had to play Georgia this year.

Yeah, we're happy. It's a bigtime hire. I don't even remember what your DCs name is.
Doesn’t really matter what his name is, it only matters what happens on the field and what he’s able to do. The number one linebacker in the 23 class likes him a lot. Already getting five star defensive lineman on campus so we’re not mad