Big 12 Baseball Tournnament

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Who has been to games this week? Just curious how strict they are on the seating since they're still limiting capacity. I'm headed down with 2 others and could only get seats on the lawn. I expect a better crowd today than it has been this week, especially with OSU and TCU in it. I was there on Championship Sunday in 2017 & 2019 so need to keep this streak going.

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
Who has been to games this week? Just curious how strict they are on the seating since they're still limiting capacity. I'm headed down with 2 others and could only get seats on the lawn. I expect a better crowd today than it has been this week, especially with OSU and TCU in it. I was there on Championship Sunday in 2017 & 2019 so need to keep this streak going.
They are only selling 50% of the seats, so every OSU game in the tournament has been sold out in terms of the seats.

So, tday will be no different.

Ive been to all of the games and have had lawn seats and have been able to sit wherever I wanted.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
There wasn't anyone who checked our tickets once we got in the park on Friday

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
D1 has now moved us to the 2 seed in Ruston. They tend to be a lot closer to the actual seeding.

https://d1baseball.com/postseason/projected-field-of-64-may-30/
That's a pretty balanced bracket all the way around when you look at avoiding early conference rematches and mix in geographic regions for the top 2 seeds.
A bit unfortunate they picked host sites early. Played our worst the 3 weeks leading up to the selection dated. And have been pretty hot since then. 35-16-1 with an rpi of 12 and an sos of 7 is usually going to get you a host.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
According to this we would get Arkansas in the super. Looks like it's a given we are destined to meet the hogs.
What is the deal that so many projections keep having us go through Fayetteville? Is the thinking that they are doing us a favor due to geography?
Not a favor but yes on geography. Just like Wichita st back in the back. We’re most likely always going to match with Arkansas just like we used to with wichita state. Same goes for Oru. We’re always going to get them if we host and most likely will always be in Arkansas with us.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
was at Wednesday's game and yesterday...sat where we wanted...we have lawn seats today as well, but will sit elsewhere...ha...no social distancing going on...Go Pokes!
bummed it's moving to Arlington the next few years...

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
No. Winner take all

Does that make any sense at all? TCU already lost a game, OSU is undefeated, and it's a double-elimination tournament, but if they win, they win the whole thing. Remember 'One True Champion' a few years back? Baylor and TCU finish with identical conference records, with Baylor winning the head-to-head, which in any universe would make Baylor the champion, yet they chose to call it a tie. The Big12 commissioner/leadership group is absolutely idiotic.