Big 12 Basketball Pre-season Ranks

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I think we will be better than we were last season.

We finished 1 win out of second place last season.

Dec 9, 2013
To me this whole season comes down to Avery becoming a complete PG not just a scorer. He needs to eliminate TO’s and have 3-1 or better assist to turnover ratio.
You are right about this but w the way we play it will be hard for Anderson to get 6+ apg. Not enough spot up shooters in transition and not the way we run sets. Cade only had 3.5 apg and Avery doesn’t have the vision or passing skill that Cade does. Also we only averaged 13.2 apg as a team.
We really need for him to be as efficient as he was at the end of the season w less than 2 turnovers per game.

Sep 23, 2010
Is Flagler one of the three guards I'm thinking about?? I know there was Butler, then the shorter one that was so good off the dribble, but I don't remember the third. I think Mayer benefitted from those guys on the floor. He's a good piece on a good team, but not sure he'll be as productive next year, guess we'll see.
Flagler came off the bench. They lost Mitchell (stud), Butler (stud) and Teague (similar to Flagler). They lost Mark Vital as well.

Sep 23, 2010
I'm sure you know fan support and home court environment can swing games. Tech just set a school record for season tickets sold for next season. Their school and fans are all in. Wins are not going to be easy in Lubbock next year, inferior talent or not.
They have good players up front. Their guard play will be just ok. Shannon is a nice wing. I just don't think they will be as solid at the 1-2 positions and those positions usually lead to winning at a high level.

Sep 23, 2010
To me this whole season comes down to Avery becoming a complete PG not just a scorer. He needs to eliminate TO’s and have 3-1 or better assist to turnover ratio.
I tend to disagree with this. I do think AA needs to cut down turnovers, but that happens by taking him out of more decision making scenarios. We basically let Avery do what he does best which is attack and score. Ice can go back to being the facilitator which he is way more comfortable in doing. AA is never going to be true PG. If he makes it in the pros, it will be that scoring PG type, usually a sixth man. That third guard has to be able to make open 3's and also facilitate some as well. Hopefully Thompson realizes that 5-star talent and we have two dudes out there (AA and Thompson) that can get us buckets on the perimeter while Ice attacks in transition, and makes plays for others in the half court. Then you got Walker and B. Williams. When they come in, you won't see much drop off.

Anybody hear who are starters were yesterday in the scrimmage with Missouri in Emporia, KS?