Big 12 over/under for 8 wins

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
OSU will win at least nine. The overall talent and depth of the team is so much better than it was in 2009 when we last won nine and in that year, OU, UT, and T-Tech were bears.

Even with a freshman QB, there is enough talent around him to have success. In my opinion, anything less than nine is a bit of a disappointment. That's just how far the program has come so fast.

Jul 9, 2011
Near Bryan/College Station in Iola, TX
In order of finish!

OVER

OSU (Lunt hasn't lost a game yet in conference)
WVU (Gets thumped in Stillwater)
TCU (solid contender)
OU (Laundry Jones is 17-8 in conference - has to show he can win consistenly)
UT (Improved, but its a damn tough conference)
KSU (Probably win most conferences)

UNDER

ISU (who do they upset this year)
TT (It's not last seasons Baylor)
BU (I'mmmm Baaaack)
KU (Keeping the wine cool in the cellar)

Note: For those that think I'm not giving enough credit to OU, Laundry Jones has only won more than two conference games in a row once and Broyles isn't on the roster anymore.
I was looking at BU as kinda "best of the rest" - wow, you put them next to the wine.

Nov 12, 2010
I don't see them any lower than 6th in the conference....
I just think their schedule is tougher than people think. I don't think SMU will be pushed around and I expect Iowa State to be good this year. They play both of them fairly early so I think they could stumble out of the gate. That's my prediction anyways.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I just think their schedule is tougher than people think. I don't think SMU will be pushed around and I expect Iowa State to be good this year. They play both of them fairly early so I think they could stumble out of the gate. That's my prediction anyways.
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas Tech
Baylor
West Virginia
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State

Is there any tougher conference schedule (outside the Big 12) in the country other than that?

The toughest conference schedule in the country is whoever finishes last in the Big 12, probably Kansas.

Nov 10, 2007
This West Virginia hype is boggling to me...they play 3 games against top 25 opponents the whole year

Loss 21-47
Win 24-21
Win 70-33

They went 8-2 against really BAD teams the rest of the schedule...that Clemson blowout is all anyone seems to remember....I think they will be under this year in the new B12

Anyone else feel this way??? go back and look at there schedule last year..total joke and they were getting beat and playing close games...Not only do I think they fall short this year I think they will be a weak team in the long run as well

Nov 12, 2010
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas Tech
Baylor
West Virginia
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State

Is there any tougher conference schedule (outside the Big 12) in the country other than that?

The toughest conference schedule in the country is whoever finishes last in the Big 12, probably Kansas.
That's a fair point. I guess it pretty much comes down to who you play at home and who you play on the road. No schedule will be "easy" from here on out. IMO we get off easier this year with Texas, WVU and TCU at home at least.

Nov 12, 2010
This West Virginia hype is boggling to me...they play 3 games against top 25 opponents the whole year

Loss 21-47
Win 24-21
Win 70-33

They went 8-2 against really BAD teams the rest of the schedule...that Clemson blowout is all anyone seems to remember....I think they will be under this year in the new B12

Anyone else feel this way??? go back and look at there schedule last year..total joke and they were getting beat and playing close games...Not only do I think they fall short this year I think they will be a weak team in the long run as well
I think they will be a good team but I'm definitely with you about not getting all the hype. I don't agree with you about the long run. I think DH can get them up and running eventually but I don't see them being world beaters this year at all. With that being said I"m still glad we get them in Stillwater.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
They should start 7-0 before coming to Stillwater. They will win one of the next 5 games if not two.
They might but I wouldn't count on it!

Baylor
@ Texas
@ Texas Tech
Kansas State
TCU

That's not the easist schedule they have ever played during the regular season.....

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I was talking about TCU
So, I wasn't!

:) For some reason I had WVU on my mind. But does it change much? It does some, their schedule prior to OSU isn't as tough. But their last five games may be as tough a stretch as anyone in the whole damn country!

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
They should start 7-0 before coming to Stillwater. They will win one of the next 5 games if not two.
An interesting question.

What teams will OSU play who are undefeated coming into the game?

Savannah State at 0-0 will be the first one.

Arizona should come in at 1-0

La-Lafayette - may not come in udefeated

Texas should come in at 3-0

Kansas - NO

Iowa State - NO
TCU - could certainly come in at 7-0

Kansas State - probably not but then again .....

West Virginia - 8-0 ????? Possible but tough to do I think

Texas Tech - NO

Oklahoma - I'd be surprised if the come in undefeated

Baylor - yea right!

I think we face 5 teams who are undefeated when we play them. Not sure which is the fifth one though.