Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

dirtyp

Wrangler
Jul 5, 2004
Welcome to the excuse capitol of the world. It's not their fault we hired poorly. Unfortunately we won't get to see what Mike can do against them for much longer. I'm sure they will continue to play each other but cutting into their overall lead is much harder now.
I remember hearing that OU won like the 1st 21 games in the series. I also remember hearing since Oklahoma A&M hired Coach Iba through the Sutton years we actually led the series. Now maybe I am misremembering, or the mentioned Ford skewed it back in the Sooners favor IDK? Historically OSU has been the 2nd best basketball program in the Big XII according to Fran F.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
Since they have a better record in Stillwater then in Norman that might not be good for us.
It's really unfortunate they have had their best Land Thieves Magic in Stillwater; we've endured some horrific referee calls and break downs at crucial times late in the game to snatch a loss from the jaws of victory. Over the last few years we would have been much closer to .500 with them if a few of those had gone our way instead of theirs. Given our good results versus SEC teams and our overall high win seasons, I wonder how different our possibilities would be today if a few of those games where we had them on the ropes had not slipped away. That close.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I was like most of the rest to you and was urgently waiting for us to bolt the sinking Big 12 conference to the Big Ten or the PAC 12. After listening to Tim Brando yesterday, I am somewhat intrigued and open to the thought of adding BYU, Boise State, UCF and Cincinnati to have a true 12 team league. It would also result in a huge influx on money from OU and the Shorthorns. Not being in the same league as the conference destroying cancerous Shorthorns is a blessing in the long run. They’ll do damage to the SEC eventually.

I think that true 12 Team league would be a pretty entertaining and exciting league, remain a P5 conference and have enough respect that the league champion would be an automatic qualifier for the 12 team playoff. None of those 4 teams is as good as OU but all 4 are better than Texas has been the last 10 years. It may not be my first choice right now, but if it happened exactly as described above, I’d be OK with it. Plus we’d be a league favorite most years!

I was like most of the rest to you and was urgently waiting for us to bolt the sinking Big 12 conference to the Big Ten or the PAC 12. After listening to Tim Brando yesterday, I am somewhat intrigued and open to the thought of adding BYU, Boise State, UCF and Cincinnati to have a true 12 team league. It would also result in a huge influx on money from OU and the Shorthorns. Not being in the same league as the conference destroying cancerous Shorthorns is a blessing in the long run. They’ll do damage to the SEC eventually.

I think that true 12 Team league would be a pretty entertaining and exciting league, remain a P5 conference and have enough respect that the league champion would be an automatic qualifier for the 12 team playoff. None of those 4 teams is as good as OU but all 4 are better than Texas has been the last 10 years. It may not be my first choice right now, but if it happened exactly as described above, I’d be OK with it. Plus we’d be a league favorite most years!
B12 brand is dead. I could see the conference continuing until official departure of the Deceitful 2 but not long after that. Best idea outside of finding new homes in P4 is for the Remnant HoweverMany to start an entirely new conference with leftovers of the PAC and ACC if the B1G and SEC go large with the P2.

Nov 18, 2011

Merging teams from the MWC and AAC will not maintain the B12 as a power 5 conference. This would be a short sighted solution and money grab. The only way to save the B12 is by poaching other P5 teams, and would be unlikely.

If you see all the reports of what is really going on long term, the powers that be are positioning for a super league. They are wanting less teams not more. We’d better throw everything we have and some into getting into one of the now P4 conferences or we’ll be on the outside when it all shakes out.

Sep 17, 2019
Edmond

That league wouldn't remain a power 5. We would be signing up to be irrelevant and wouldn't get any recruits above a 3 star. That's a huge step in the wrong direction.

Dec 9, 2013
Merging teams from the MWC and AAC will not maintain the B12 as a power 5 conference. This would be a short sighted solution and money grab. The only way to save the B12 is by poaching other P5 teams, and would be unlikely.

If you see all the reports of what is really going on long term, the powers that be are positioning for a super league. They are wanting less teams not more. We’d better throw everything we have and some into getting into one of the now P4 conferences or we’ll be on the outside when it all shakes out.
We are on the outside and always have been in football. 2011 taught us that.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net

That league wouldn't remain a power 5. We would be signing up to be irrelevant and wouldn't get any recruits above a 3 star. That's a huge step in the wrong direction.
Like I said in my post it would not be my first preference but after listening to Tim Brando I am more open to it than I was. And he thinks that it would be a P5 conference so take that for what it’s worth.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
US

Sadly and unfortunately, we're already on the outside looking in. I can't stand it. I love OSU. And with a passion. Sigh. It is what it is.