Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Sadly if the positions were reversed I have no doubt we would have done the same thing.
Sad but true. And I recall that 10 years ago, nobody had any objections to us leaving half of the Big 12 behind to go to the PAC.
Yeah but that wasn't done in secret and behind closed doors. Completely different approaches. If OU had come out and said we aren't renewing and will start weighing options and THEN started looking, that would be an ethical 'partner'. What they did was completely unethical and I hope for nothing but the worst for them and their school. Also I hope we hold them to every last penny they owe the Big 12 remaining 8 not to mention any other wiggle room to pull more cash from them

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2006
I like that. A lot. So my question is: If college ball splits into amateur and semi-pro with clear divisions between them, would you want to be in the semi pro leagues?
Absolutely. Like I said before, the revenue generated by being in that league would do wonders for our entire university.

OSU125

Wrangler
Sep 2, 2014
Interesting if true. That would mean dominoes will likely continue falling until only the SEC and B1G remain as the Power 2. B1G is now probably just waiting for dust to settle on uo/tex. ACC could be next domino when B1G takes 2, which would make the rest of the ACC susceptible to the SEC.

It will be really telling if B1G goes after PAC12 in any way.
i interpret that, if true, to mean that ou and texas contacted both conferences about moving and for one reason or another chose the sec. maybe B1G said not now, no to one or both, or the money was just better In the sec.

OSU125

Wrangler
Sep 2, 2014
ESPN said we'll only pay the exit fees if you go to the SEC.
quite possibly. But to me with such a long term decision (you hope) I would think B1G might be worth the buyout or waiting until no payout. If you can be a part of that academic arm then it really is the best conference out there.

Jul 31, 2008
quite possibly. But to me with such a long term decision (you hope) I would think B1G might be worth the buyout or waiting until no payout. If you can be a part of that academic arm then it really is the best conference out there.
Well, 0U isn't AAU, so they weren't going to the BIG

Jul 31, 2008
I stated the scenario on another thread:
All the Conference Commissioners are having a beer.
SEC guy says "we're going to 16. We are adding 0U and uT".

What are the other Commissioners going to counter with ?
BIG- "oh, yea. We're adding Kansas and Iowa State. Take that you suckers" . Not really powerful stuff.
ACC- "well, we'll top that by adding ND and WVU". ND lifts the Conference, but ACC needs lots more lifting than that to keep up with SEC and BIG..
PAC- "we'll double your increase of 2 and take 4: TTU, OSU, TCU and Houston. We'll add CST to our kick-offs and clean your plate in viewership"- hmm, doubtful.

Now if BIG says "we are going to add USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington"- and Fox Network is smiling . . .
SEC- "ok, good counter-move. Lets get it on".

Big12- "Screw yOU. Screw everyone. . . . "

Mar 7, 2020
Oklahoma City
Unfortunately CFB is no longer about the tradition...It's all about the money and greed. OU tagging along with UT to the sec is about money and nothing else. The two basically always get their needs met by the Big 12. The league as we know it...finished. IMO this will all lead to super conferences. UT and ou did what is best for them..even if not done in the best way. The decision makers do not care for traditions or rivalries and what has made this sport great.

I just want OSU to land on their feet in a power league...and I think they will.

Oct 30, 2007
I respect the fact they were proactive and did what they thought was in their best interest long term from a business perspective, but that’s as far as I’ll go. Any idea they give a flip about anything that benefits OSU, partnership or not, is just misguided.
Sadly if the positions were reversed I have no doubt we would have done the same thing.
Not true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
The goons, whorns, ESPN and SEC made a purposeful move to remove OSU and the rest of the Big XII from competing against them for subscribers. Don't salute them for their tending to their "best" interests. They want the rest of the Big XII to be Tulsa with a better history of competition. When I write "they" I mean all four entities.
I’m not saluting anyone. I just respect the fact they took action to better their own situation in a high stakes, multi-billion dollar BUSINESS, rather than taking a more passive approach like clearly Holder and Harris did. If the situation was nearly the same, except maybe we were talking about OSU and KU brokering a deal to the BIG, I suspect your opinion (if you were honest about it) would be quite different.
So, you want to do business with people who do not honor handshakes? Good luck, I search out the opposite and forge high synergy partnerships where both win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk