Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 23, 2021
jonesboro arkansas
hello i am a razorback fan i have been lurking here for a week what texas and ou did to u was so wrong

i would love to play okle st in every sport u guys also have a great basketball program as well

i been reading up on this for a week and unless the pac-12 changes their mind and goes to 16 it it's going to be hard for u to get in a power 4

ACC i think they prefer ND wvu or UCF and Memphis
SEC no shot if its was up to me i would kick mizzou out and add u guys
P-12 the issue with the PAC 12 is Schools like Stanford cal USC UCLA run that conf and they want schools that think like they do
B10 u are not AAU
B12/AAC sadly unless the p12 adds this is u most likely outcome

and to any UT/OU fans reading here the SEC is a meat grinder OU always loses to k-state or tech their 11-1 10-2 big 12 will turn in to 8-4 7-5 what texas and ou fans will grow to learn is there 1-2 tough b12 game will be 6-7 SEC games back to back

so enjoy the $ because Bama UGA LSU UF will embarrass u in football
Basketball is going be tough with UK getting every Call
and Baseball is deeper than football

Jul 23, 2021
jonesboro arkansas
Still unknown if in a Mega would existing Conf members get a pass ?
if this is all about $$$ how does SEC keep Vandy, Miss State, Arky, etc ?
or the BIG keeping Purdue, Northwestern, or Rutgers?

if you’re going to add based on $value seems like you’d purge too. Maybe would have to disband SEC and start something new ?
Arky is 20th in $ as far as making money a top 20 basketball program a top 5 baseball program num 1 in track and with 70 extra million a year it will make their basketball and baseball etite

Mar 8, 2010
I see a problem with teams like Texas and OU going to the the SEC or other conferences, not all of them can win. OU has been great in the Big 12 but Texas has been down. OU still manages to lose a game each year that they shouldn't. Will schools like OU and Texas be as successful when they are playing schools like Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, and Auburn every year? Each conference still needs schools like Vanderbilt and Kansas that provide easy wins each year within the conference. I believe super conferences will make it even more difficult for some of the traditional powers to stay on top since they will need to play better teams week in and week out.
Exactly! Which is why KU is probably a sure thing to land in a Power 4 Conference for the other schools to beat up on. Wouldn't it be fun if Oklahoma and Texas turned out to be the next Tennessee in the SEC?

Mar 8, 2010
hello i am a razorback fan i have been lurking here for a week what texas and ou did to u was so wrong

i would love to play okle st in every sport u guys also have a great basketball program as well

i been reading up on this for a week and unless the pac-12 changes their mind and goes to 16 it it's going to be hard for u to get in a power 4

P-12 the issue with the PAC 12 is Schools like Stanford cal USC UCLA run that conf and they want schools that think like they do
B10 u are not AAU

and to any UT/OU fans reading here the SEC is a meat grinder OU always loses to k-state or tech their 11-1 10-2 big 12 will turn in to 8-4 7-5 what texas and ou fans will grow to learn is there 1-2 tough b12 game will be 6-7 SEC games back to back

Thank you for your concern, but you need to worry about Arky U becoming relevant in the SEC. We're going to wind up in a Power 4 with no problem. And regardless of what of some of the no-it-alls on talk radio say, don't rule out the Big Ten for us as well. There are things going on behind the scenes that will make the Cowboy nation smile! But these things take time.

OSU125

Wrangler
Sep 2, 2014
Thank you for your concern, but you need to worry about Arky U becoming relevant in the SEC. We're going to wind up in a Power 4 with no problem. And regardless of what of some of the no-it-alls on talk radio say, don't rule out the Big Ten for us as well. There are things going on behind the scenes that will make the Cowboy nation smile! But these things take time.
I hope you’re right! Do you have insight on something in particular, or is this just an assumption??? Spill the beans!!

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee

B10 u are not AAU

I have been wanting play Arkansas more in all sports as well. The schools are so close to each other and have strong programs across the board. I’m excited to see the football games scheduled, but would love to see more basketball and baseball games getting added.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021
jonesboro arkansas
they will be relevant in everything but football and Pittman in 1 year basically turned a 0-10 type team that some through would take 5 years or longer into 3-7 that was 2 plays from 5-5

if it was not for frank broyles in 1990 i would be in your shoes

Jul 23, 2021
jonesboro arkansas
I have been wanting play Arkansas more in all sports as well. The schools are so close to each other and have string programs across the board. I’m excited to see the football games scheduled, but would love to see more basketball and baseball games getting added.
i want this as well idk why we are playing ou i would rather have a home-home with u guys u have a great basketball arena

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa

B10 u are not AAU

Then why would OSU fans be upset that OU didn't take us with them? If their 11-1, 10-2 is going to turn into 8-4, 7-5 then our 9-3, 8-4 would turn into 5-7, 4-8. I think you are underestimating the desire to win at football in Norman. They will have down years but they will also have great years and like it or not, they are going to win a natty or two. We'll sneak into the playoffs occasionally but the talent gap will be even greater and we'll get it handed to us on a regular basis just like they have. Just because Arky has failed in football in the SEC doesn't mean the same fate waits everyone who enters. OU is lightyears ahead of Razorback football and frankly OSU is considerably stronger as well. We can't judge others based on your performance.

Jul 23, 2021
jonesboro arkansas
Then why would OSU fans be upset that OU didn't take us with them? If their 11-1, 10-2 is going to turn into 8-4, 7-5 then our 9-3, 8-4 would turn into 5-7, 4-8. I think you are underestimating the desire to win at football in Norman. They will have down years but they will also have great years and like it or not, they are going to win a natty or two. We'll sneak into the playoffs occasionally but the talent gap will be even greater and we'll get it handed to us on a regular basis just like they have. Just because Arky has failed in football in the SEC doesn't mean the same fate waits everyone who enters. OU is lightyears ahead of Razorback football and frankly OSU is considerably stronger as well. We can't judge others based on your performance.
i know how much OU wants to win in football but in the big 12 all they had to worry about was U Texas and like a Iowa st

now let assume they will be in the sec west well LSU ATM Tex Miss can put up 50 a game too and if they get through that well BAMA / UF UGA will be waiting on them

now in theory u might be right because with a 12 team playoff 5-6 sec teams will get in

i think riley will coach in the NFL by 2030 maybe in Dallas because i can see Arkansas T Boone jerry jones making a big run at him by 2025

with Gundy u would be 7-5 or so same as Arkansas overall u have a great athletics department with great looking places

has Arkansas failed in the SEC a outsider would say yeah but in 2011 we was 3 overall it takes the right coach i cant help bobby was a major a-hole

had we been in the b12 from 1996-2020 expect for 2018-2019 thanks chad they would had won 8-9 games a year

unless u guys get in a power 4 conf starting in 2025 Arkansas will take some guys that would had played at Ok state TCU Baylor texas tech

what OU and Texas did long term was make ATM beatable as Arkansas is 0-9 aga atm since 2012

i am not a dellonal fan most years arkansas will be lucky to win more than they lose in football

but we will not know your fate utill next offseason and if we do not know by aug 22 that a bad sigh for u guys i like u guys and tech

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
i know how much OU wants to win in football but in the big 12 all they had to worry about was U Texas and like a Iowa st

now let assume they will be in the sec west well LSU ATM Tex Miss can put up 50 a game too and if they get through that well BAMA / UF UGA will be waiting on them

now in theory u might be right because with a 12 team playoff 5-6 sec teams will get in

i think riley will coach in the NFL by 2030 maybe in Dallas because i can see Arkansas T Boone jerry jones making a big run at him by 2025

with Gundy u would be 7-5 or so same as Arkansas overall u have a great athletics department with great looking places

has Arkansas failed in the SEC a outsider would say yeah but in 2011 we was 3 overall it takes the right coach i cant help bobby was a major a-hole

had we been in the b12 from 1996-2020 expect for 2018-2019 thanks chad they would had won 8-9 games a year

unless u guys get in a power 4 conf starting in 2025 Arkansas will take some guys that would had played at Ok state TCU Baylor texas tech

what OU and Texas did long term was make ATM beatable as Arkansas is 0-9 aga atm since 2012

i am not a dellonal fan most years arkansas will be lucky to win more than they lose in football

but we will not know your fate utill next offseason and if we do not know by aug 22 that a bad sigh for u guys i like u guys and tech
I think being a dellonal fan is illegal in 46 states.

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa

I'm not hating on Arkansas. I just see apples and oranges in comparing the football programs. I think we could have occasional 8-4 years in the SEC and hopefully you guys get it turned around and get in that range but living in Oklahoma all my life I know the level of commitment and OU won't settle for that. They will struggle but they will also succeed if that makes any sense. There's a quote here in Oklahoma attributed to a big shot at OU who famously said, "we want to build a university the football team will be proud of."
Even our ex-coach Pat Jones is always saying what a different world it is in Norman than it is in Stillwater.
It's because of that difference that we have to wait and hope we land in a good spot whereas they make their own spot. Anyway, good luck and maybe you guys will get a crack at them soon.

Jul 23, 2021
jonesboro arkansas
I'm not hating on Arkansas. I just see apples and oranges in comparing the football programs. I think we could have occasional 8-4 years in the SEC and hopefully you guys get it turned around and get in that range but living in Oklahoma all my life I know the level of commitment and OU won't settle for that. They will struggle but they will also succeed if that makes any sense. There's a quote here in Oklahoma attributed to a big shot at OU who famously said, "we want to build a university the football team will be proud of."
Even our ex-coach Pat Jones is always saying what a different world it is in Norman than it is in Stillwater.
It's because of that difference that we have to wait and hope we land in a good spot whereas they make their own spot. Anyway, good luck and maybe you guys will get a crack at them soon.
its all good they will most likey have to play them every year we get texas on 9/11 i hope u guys go undeatfed i like Gundy ever since i am 40 rant i like your colors because i am a broncos fan is there anywhere on this website where u can interduce yourself

Oct 1, 2006
USA
www.yahoo.com

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
i want this as well idk why we are playing ou i would rather have a home-home with u guys u have a great basketball arena
I'm with you man. You seem cool so don't worry too much about the haters. We should have a fun rivalry and 6 months ago I was looking forward to our football series. No telling if that happens now but for both fan bases it was a good thing for college football.

If stuff really goes down kudos to your athletic program for being smart enough to get away from Texas when they could. Wish we would have done the same.

Jul 23, 2021
jonesboro arkansas
I'm with you man. You seem cool so don't worry too much about the haters. We should have a fun rivalry and 6 months ago I was looking forward to our football series. No telling if that happens now but for both fan bases it was a good thing for college football.

If stuff really goes down kudos to your athletic program for being smart enough to get away from Texas when they could. Wish we would have done the same.
i will always remember what the texas band did in 1990 watching on youtube they played the looney tunes theme at halftime that for some reason ticked me off and fueled my dislike of texas

when ever we played ok i would be happy if u root for us because if Arkansas ever beats them in football they can kiss their playoff hopes goodbye

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
i will always remember what the texas band did in 1990 watching on youtube they played the looney tunes theme at halftime that for some reason ticked me off and fueled my dislike of texas

when ever we played ok i would be happy if u root for us because if Arkansas ever beats them in football they can kiss their playoff hopes goodbye
As an alum of both OSU and UofA, I hope Arkansas demolishes them every year. That said, I'm guessing more than 90% of the board will be rooting for anyone who plays Texas.

Related to a prior post of yours, I agree that OSU has largely been similar to Arkansas, but not since the mistress fell off and Petrino resigned in disgrace. Arkansas has been mostly awful since then with only a couple decent years with Bielema and OSU hasn't had a streak like that in 20 years.