Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
The powers that be are dopes if they don’t put OU and Texas in the same division to keep them from both playing in the Big 12 title game.

However, the powers that be are, in fact, dopes.
You make 3 divisions, the whorns have to play each other all season and undefeated to make the playoff. They can even play in the Cotton Bowl every Saturday

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I don't like the SEC model of one fixed opponent from the other division, then rotating through the other divisional teams. I like rotating a home and home 2 seasons, then moving on to other teams the same way.
I would actually like to see every team over a 2 year period instead of over 4. With 6 team divisions it would look something like this (using Dodds prediction of what it would look like):

North: Cincy, BYU, ISU, KU, KSU, OSU
South: Baylor, Houston, TCU, Tech, UCF, WVU

Play every team in your division for 5 games. Then:
Year 1: Baylor, @Houston, Tech
Year 2: @TCU, UCF, @WVU
Year 3: @Baylor, Houston, @Tech
Year 4: TCU, @UCF, WVU

Years 1 and 4 you have 3 home games in your division and 2 road games. Years 2 and 3 you have 2 home games and 3 road games.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
With 14 teams and two divisions who will be the other two teams? Will it be San Diego State and Boise State with these divisions:

A Division
KU
K State
ISU
WVU
Cincinnati
UCF
OSU

B Division
BYU
BSU
SDS
HOU
BU
TCU
TT

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
They are saying 14 with UT and Oklahoma still in for 2 years. Big 12 is working on scheduling for new additions to come 23-24 season. And UT and Oklahoma leaving after the 24-25 season. 2 years of 14 then only 12 after that. Assuming no more shuffling. But I really expect a lot to change next year. No knowledge but a lot of TV rights are coming up in the next 3-4 years and notices have to be made by schools to conferences.

PistolPete'sMustache

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Here's the tweet I saw and was jaw dropped by the stupidity.

1642549548755.png

There is zero chance we'd be separated from the Texas schools. Gundy, Weiburg, etc., will fight like hell for it for recruiting and recent history purposes. Newbies WV and UCF aren't getting access to Texas just because. Plus north/south makes no sense when our new geography is stretched east to west. Lubbock to Morgantown is 1,467 miles. Lubbock to Provo is 871 miles. Cincinnati is 308 miles to Morgantown. Why in the ever eff would you separate them? Dumber still, why would you align Cincinnati and BYU which are 1667 miles apart while separating Cincy and WVU? Cincy to Orlando is also 900 miles, again, why the eff would you separate them to pair Cincy with BYU?

Also, TV markets. OSU has strong followings in DFW, Houston, etc. WVU and UCF? Nope. How would it make any sense whatsoever to remove the strongest non-Texas program from regular matchups with the Texas schools? I can't even fathom the stupidity of this proposed alignment. I don't see any way that OU and UT are still in the league when the newbs arrive, but if they are, you put them wherever you can for that year in a way that prevents any changes when they leave. UT to the west, OU to the east, because eff them.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Here's the tweet I saw and was jaw dropped by the stupidity.

View attachment 94209
There is zero chance we'd be separated from the Texas schools. Gundy, Weiburg, etc., will fight like hell for it for recruiting and recent history purposes. Newbies WV and UCF aren't getting access to Texas just because. Plus north/south makes no sense when our new geography is stretched east to west. Lubbock to Morgantown is 1,467 miles. Lubbock to Provo is 871 miles. Cincinnati is 308 miles to Morgantown. Why in the ever eff would you separate them? Dumber still, why would you align Cincinnati and BYU which are 1667 miles apart while separating Cincy and WVU? Cincy to Orlando is also 900 miles, again, why the eff would you separate them to pair Cincy with BYU?

Also, TV markets. OSU has strong followings in DFW, Houston, etc. WVU and UCF? Nope. How would it make any sense whatsoever to remove the strongest non-Texas program from regular matchups with the Texas schools? I can't even fathom the stupidity of this proposed alignment. I don't see any way that OU and UT are still in the league when the newbs arrive, but if they are, you put them wherever you can for that year in a way that prevents any changes when they leave. UT to the west, OU to the east, because eff them.
I think OU and Texas will move to SEC in 2023 and we add two other team like SDS and BSU. I would think geographically we would be with the Kansas Schools instead of the Texas Schools and there will be East and West Divisions.

Jun 16, 2008
Maryland
I'd personally hope they split the Texas teams. Doesn't have to be a fully geographic split. If all those Texas schools are in the same division, that division will dominate the recruiting battles. Split the talent across the conference at least in the start so we don't repeat the old B12 north/south unequality.

Sep 9, 2013
WVU and Cinn dont /wont recruit texas. So WVU/cinn wont care if theyre with texas schools or not.

OU and Texas likely want to be in separate divisions, and since they want to keep bedlam, OU and OSU are not with texas schools.

i think with crossover games both oklahoma schools will see a good bit of texas. I imagine OU v Texas are rivalry game and play every year.

OSU likely would get a texas school they play every year. With the rotation, OSU will still have 2-3 texas schools a year.

and it is only for 2 years, and then theyll draw up new divisions.

Apr 27, 2006
WVU and Cinn dont /wont recruit texas. So WVU/cinn wont care if theyre with texas schools or not.

OU and Texas likely want to be in separate divisions, and since they want to keep bedlam, OU and OSU are not with texas schools.

i think with crossover games both oklahoma schools will see a good bit of texas. I imagine OU v Texas are rivalry game and play every year.

OSU likely would get a texas school they play every year. With the rotation, OSU will still have 2-3 texas schools a year.

and it is only for 2 years, and then theyll draw up new divisions.
UT and UTN wants and desires should not be a concern to any of the conference members, F um.