Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
1. WATCH TOM LASSO ON APPLE
I guarantee it’s based on Gundy.

2. The rest of the conferences are tired of SEC.

THIS WILL BE THE FUTURE

SEC becomes the premier league. Feeder and farmer to the NFL.

They will expand to 24 teams.

They will only play each other.

The ncaa will cover everyone else. Pure amateur football. The worst SEC team will be kicked out every year. The best team from the rest will take their spot. And we all get what we want.

I’m going to pour another one.
Bottom 4 switch with top 4, not just one.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
https://twitter.com/DawgOutWest/status/1419060008663150592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1419060008663150592%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftexags.com%2Fforums%2F25%2Ftopics%2F3211969%2F2
This would be horrible for college football and would honestly signal the end of a lot of people's interest in it...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Jun 5, 2020
OKC
for clarity, if Weiberg votes(d) for this then he must be terminated immediately as AD and banned from ever stepping foot in Stillwater again. This is simply a slow death and nothing else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dude, you have never negotiated anything have you - statement.
This is like, if you play, golf, that shot was well right of the green and when you get there, well not as bad as thought.
Play on

Sep 29, 2010
Stillwater
This would be horrible for college football and would honestly signal the end of a lot of people's interest in it...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
It's a lot like the top European soccer clubs that tried to form their own super league... all the fans rioted, even fans of the top teams. A lot of commentators were vocally opposed to it as well. If this happens with college football though I'm not sure we'll see the same reaction. ESPN guys will be groveling about it and the fans of the top teams don't give a rip about inclusion or spirit of competition.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
By far the worst option out there for the other 8 schools. Surely that is just Bowlsby’s proposal to keep his job and the members tell him to pound sand.
That's not even a bandaid. We could take Cincinnati, UCF, and whoever and become a super AAC. Cool and from a competitive standpoint we'd be arguably still the 3rd best conference. But that means we are getting 15-20 million per team on our next contract and everyone will be looking to bolt at the first opportunity. It's bad for us because right now we are pretty attractive if the P4 want to expand but it gives the G5 schools an opportunity to leapfrog us.

We are better off going independent than trying to scrap something together and salvage the conference.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
And Vandy, SC, and Miss St are saying “ya, we got a seat and the adult table …. Oh, crap”
They have $60 million reasons to be cool with it. Plus Vandy and MSU have benefitted a lot from what the cash infusion did to their baseball programs. I graduated from Oklahoma State in 2001-no bowl games and I was ecstatic over Bedlam when I was a senior. The last 10 years have been awesome but you ask 21 year old me if being a borderline bowl team in football and dominating baseball are worth being where we are in football right now and I'd take it.

Apr 7, 2006
There are plenty here that don't think OSU, for a variety of reasons isn't getting picked up in any respectable conference. I have no doubt they do because it's simply a numbers game - there are only so many available in P5 today. It's an arms race and the other conferences have to pick up schools to compete and we're one of the most competitive schools available and I'd be surprised if some of the other conferences don't attempt to go beyond 16 and/or greatly expand their geographic footprint.

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
They have $60 million reasons to be cool with it. Plus Vandy and MSU have benefitted a lot from what the cash infusion did to their baseball programs. I graduated from Oklahoma State in 2001-no bowl games and I was ecstatic over Bedlam when I was a senior. The last 10 years have been awesome but you ask 21 year old me if being a borderline bowl team in football and dominating baseball are worth being where we are in football right now and I'd take it.
I think the point he's trying to make is that if the SEC is also eyeing Ohio State, Clemson, Michigan, FSU, etc....eventually I could see them kicking out their less glamorous members.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Words are getting a little twisted out there. I want to make it clear that the Big 10 is just a possibility for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OKState?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#OKState</a>. One of many. There's nothing imminent and there's no guarantee the Big 10 would welcome OSU in. Talks are simply exploratory at this point.</p>— Dylan Buckingham (@DylanBuckingham) <a href="https://twitter.com/DylanBuckingham/status/1419140401689239557?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
">July 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Words are getting a little twisted out there. I want to make it clear that the Big 10 is just a possibility for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OKState?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#OKState</a>. One of many. There's nothing imminent and there's no guarantee the Big 10 would welcome OSU in. Talks are simply exploratory at this point.</p>— Dylan Buckingham (@DylanBuckingham) <a href="https://twitter.com/DylanBuckingham/status/1419140401689239557?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

">July 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
So it is a Robert Allen rumor....

Dec 19, 2012
Not to mention the fact that their conference payout is the highest in college football. From a financial standpoint, we would benefit greatly from joining the Big Ten.

Big Ten led all Power Five conferences in revenue for 2020 fiscal year
School payouts
  • Big Ten: $54.3 million
  • SEC: $45.5 million
  • Big 12: $37 to $40.5 million
  • Pac-12: $33.6 million
  • ACC: $30.9 to $37 million
This is what everyone should be paying the most attention to. Our best fit is where we make the most money! ACC is higher than PAC on average, they are just paying two teams a lower amount right now.
The order OSU should be trying to get into other conferences:
1. B1G: $54.3 mil per yr
2. ACC: $34 mil per yr
3. PAC: $33.6 mil per yr

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Really not sure about only Tech being the Texas footprint as Lubbock is further away from Texas population centers than Stillwater. I can understand taking TCU and Houston for exposure in the two biggest markets in the state. Would NU, tOSU, Mich rather play in Lubbock or DFW and Houston.
We are based in Stillwater, but our Alums are mostly in Tulsa, OKC, Dallas and Houston.
More important is how rabid fans fill-up the stadiums; win or lose? Season tickets holders, follow to bowl games, turn on the TV sets, busy up the sport forums, youtubes, etc...

You may be in the center of LA like UCLA, but 90% don't know who UCLA is playing this Saturday? What for?

At oSu, in Stillwater with population of under 50K (inclusive of babies and grandmas), we filled up the 60K stadiums with loyal fans.

....continue your supports of oSu football. It matters!