Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1419669676485918725?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
"several people" and eSECpn. Think it's the tail trying to wag the dog. Some disgruntled Big10 member trying to stop the inevitable.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
At least now I don't have to hear others using the "but we should root for the sooners because it makes us and the conference look better" excuse. Rather, now I have an even better reason to despise them: they're part of the SEC.
If the current situation doesn’t adequately show why “conference pride” is really stupid I don’t know what will.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
The big 12 president to sit down with fox and espn and see what combination of 4 schools would get us the most mo ey in a TV deal.

I am warming up to the idea of adding Byu, Houston, Cincy and Memphis. That would the most entertaining conference to watch in all of football. Would also make our basketball better than it is now. Hoops would be a hell schedule
This is EXACTLY what I'm afraid of, however it seems the most likely

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
The big 12 president to sit down with fox and espn and see what combination of 4 schools would get us the most mo ey in a TV deal.

I am warming up to the idea of adding Byu, Houston, Cincy and Memphis. That would the most entertaining conference to watch in all of football. Would also make our basketball better than it is now. Hoops would be a hell schedule.
Adding that group would simply ensure a conference that plays weekly games equivalent in quality to a very early December bowl game.

Apr 7, 2006
I’ll be rooting for A&M every time they play the horns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I can't "root" for anyone that is everything that aggy is. I wish Texas and OU nothing but the worst and the same for aggy whose only real points of pride currently is the conference they're in and some weird tradition they invented that noone outside College Station gives 2 craps about.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

I am warming up to the idea of adding Byu, Houston, Cincy and Memphis. That would the most entertaining conference to watch in all of football. Would also make our basketball better than it is now. Hoops would be a hell schedule.
Shine that turd!

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Shine that turd!
It's worth asking, even if that's our worst case scenario. In the best case scenario for most of us, two or three schools are about to be absorbed by a conference of that quality or worse. If you're Baylor or K State, you're arguing hard for that option to be explored thoroughly. I think we have an obligation to at least listen to that option before jumping to the PAC or B1G (assuming one of those invites does come).

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
It's worth asking, even if that's our worst case scenario. In the best case scenario for most of us, two or three schools are about to be absorbed by a conference of that quality or worse. If you're Baylor or K State, you're arguing hard for that option to be explored thoroughly. I think we have an obligation to at least listen to that option before jumping to the PAC or B1G (assuming one of those invites does come).
I don't think so, at this point it is every man for himself. If an offer is made for us to get into a major conference we should immediately accept, and give no second thoughts to the other schools involved b/c believe me they would do the same.

Apr 7, 2006
I don't think you can cause a drop in membership and then claim it in your defense...

If the Big 12 still exists (which it won't) for the duration of the GOR, Texas and OU would have to pay up. That's why they want to see the rest of the members jump ship so that they're off the hook and can move on to the ass beating that they asked for.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I don't think so, at this point it is every man for himself. If an offer is made for us to get into a major conference we should immediately accept, and give no second thoughts to the other schools involved b/c believe me they would do the same.
That offer can't come yet and won't come for a while. We need to get to where OU and UT are in order for that to happen. In the meantime, you can still let Big 12 brass and the other schools talk to Fox and ESPN about a package like the one mentioned. You then listen and politely decline that offer once the other conference invite comes. It does not hurt you and in doing that, you're being decent partners, unlike UT and OU. Looking out for your own security and being decent human beings don't always have to conflict.