Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
If Fox owned LHN, no way do the willingly terminate and pay $150M and get “nothing“ in return. That’s all you need to know right there. ESPN purposely submarining the Big12. ESPN gets something in return and that’s unethical and damaging to others = lawsuit
Man. I wonder how OU and UT are feeling right now. This could go VERY south for them. It is almost certainly going to go very south for ESPN. I could easily see congress getting involved in this before too long.
sooners and horns associated with process that turns out to be unethical at best? Absolutely shocking.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
I stole this from a Texas message board. There are so many rumors right now, it's tough to know what's real.

View attachment 91209
That dude has zero credibility. He was wrong about everything last realignment and is completely fos.

Also, why would texh snich. They are the school in the second best position in all this. I would bet money that it was baylol. It was a deal to the AAC for christ's sake.

Oct 30, 2007
That dude has zero credibility. He was wrong about everything last realignment and is completely fos.

Also, why would texh snich. They are the school in the second best position in all this. I would bet money that it was baylol. It was a deal to the AAC for christ's sake.
If it is true, I can't blame Tech for snitching. I would do the same thing if ESPN was trying to push me into the AAC where I would play schools like Tulane and Eastern Carolina.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I stole this from a Texas message board. There are so many rumors right now, it's tough to know what's real.

View attachment 91209
I don't buy that because the PAC makes way too much sense for us and TT.

But honestly if the mouse is working keep us in the P4, well ok I'm good with that. If it means TT gets hosed, everyone understands how much that would suck for their base but it's every program for themself so if we end up alright and they don't I'll feel bad but won't lose sleep over it.

If the situation was different and ESPN was pushing us to the AAC and Taco to a decent conference and we blew it up I'd be fine with that. Sucks for us that this didn't go down quietly but I have no problem with Tech putting a stop to getting hosed.

OSU125

Wrangler
Sep 2, 2014

But honestly if the mouse is working keep us in the P4, well ok I'm good with that. If it means TT gets hosed, everyone understands how much that would suck for their base but it's every program for themself so if we end up alright and they don't I'll feel bad but won't lose sleep over it.
I guess Louisville would be our closest school if true? That sucks.

where it does make since is that ESiPN can control all the money that way…more schools they fully control if we go ACC and the others go AAC. But I doubt that guy has ever reported anything that actually happened.

If the situation was different and ESPN was pushing us to the AAC and Taco to a decent conference and we blew it up I'd be fine with that. Sucks for us that this didn't go down quietly but I have no problem with Tech putting a stop to getting hosed.
Some reports say ESPN was pushing OSU to AAC.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
There has to be a lawsuit in here somewhere.

Ed: I have a proposal for you Tom.
Tom: lay it on me.
Ed: what say i pay you to terminate our contract if you’ll cause Bob to bust his deal with me. The amount I pay you should cover the cost to you for causing Bob to bust his deal with me.
Tom: how do I cause Bob to bust his deal with you?
Ed: If you’ll leave your association with Bob and join Steve, I’ll make sure you make more money with Steve than you currently do with Bob.
Tom: I don’t understand. What’s in it for you?
Ed: Here’s the deal. You’re worth more to me if you’re associated with Steve than if you remain associated with Bob. Specifically, the amount I will pay you to terminate our contract is less than the amount I will save if I don’t have to pay Bob for his entire contract if he busts his deal with me.
Tom: Sounds great. Let’s do it.

Ed = ESPN
Tom = UT
Ed-Tom Contract = LHN
Bob = B12
Steve = SEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where’s Richard Head = oU in this story?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I know some OU fans think that they were too many 11 AM games scheduled for the sooners and were very unhappy with that. Also, the city merchants greatly preferred the afternoon games.
Someone proved that wrong early on in the thread. They didn't have that many.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
There has to be a lawsuit in here somewhere.

Ed: I have a proposal for you Tom.
Tom: lay it on me.
Ed: what say i pay you to terminate our contract if you’ll cause Bob to bust his deal with me. The amount I pay you should cover the cost to you for causing Bob to bust his deal with me.
Tom: how do I cause Bob to bust his deal with you?
Ed: If you’ll leave your association with Bob and join Steve, I’ll make sure you make more money with Steve than you currently do with Bob.
Tom: I don’t understand. What’s in it for you?
Ed: Here’s the deal. You’re worth more to me if you’re associated with Steve than if you remain associated with Bob. Specifically, the amount I will pay you to terminate our contract is less than the amount I will save if I don’t have to pay Bob for his entire contract if he busts his deal with me.
Tom: Sounds great. Let’s do it.

Ed = ESPN
Tom = UT
Ed-Tom Contract = LHN
Bob = B12
Steve = SEC

Where’s Richard Head = oU in this story?
Actually, it’s harder to make a case against OU. The LHN deal is where ESPN wil get in trouble.