Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 16, 2008
Oklahoma City
Switzer sums up my biggest concern regarding the immediate recruiting implications for OSU:
Barry Switzer Says 1 School Is Hurt Most By Oklahoma, Texas

The faster this all gets sorted out the better. Otherwise, recruiting high-level prospects is going to become increasingly more problematic.
That’s how I see it.
And one thing Switzerland is, is smart. The guy has an excellent broad landscape (see the Forest not the trees) outlook. LIke a good businessman.

I don’t know what we’re going to do about it either. My best, most immediate thought, is a series of ”Hail Mary” lawsuits against everyone. Maybe Statue of Limitations has not run-out on suing Sports Illustrated.

Sue everyone. Sue the Local TV networks and The Sports Animal, along with ESPN, SEC, OU, Texas, everyone.

Piss everyone off is usually a very bad idea. But it just might be our best case scenario of winning for the long-road ahead. “Hail Mary” lawsuits.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Switzer sums up my biggest concern regarding the immediate recruiting implications for OSU:
Barry Switzer Says 1 School Is Hurt Most By Oklahoma, Texas

The faster this all gets sorted out the better. Otherwise, recruiting high-level prospects is going to become increasingly more problematic.
BINGO!!! This is my big concern. If this stretches out for the next several years it will KILL recruiting. I don't want that to happen even if it is better financially now it will be worse in the long run.

Sep 15, 2004
That’s how I see it.
And one thing Switzerland is, is smart. The guy has an excellent broad landscape (see the Forest not the trees) outlook. LIke a good businessman.

I don’t know what we’re going to do about it either. My best, most immediate thought, is a series of ”Hail Mary” lawsuits against everyone. Maybe Statue of Limitations has not run-out on suing Sports Illustrated.

Sue everyone. Sue the Local TV networks and The Sports Animal, along with ESPN, SEC, OU, Texas, everyone.

Piss everyone off is usually a very bad idea. But it just might be our best case scenario of winning for the long-road ahead. “Hail Mary” lawsuits.
Lets not make anyone mad. Keep our head down, bow at the waist, and kowtow. Maybe ESPN will allow us to join the conference they feel is best for us.

Oct 1, 2006
USA
www.yahoo.com
It is fascinating to me how quiet Fox has been in this saga thus far. They have as much to win/lose as anyone with split rights to the Big 12, Big Ten and Pac 12. You know they are having some very impactful conversations behind closed doors.