Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

JohnW

Greenhorn
Aug 10, 2020
Plano
OU wins on this move and UT no so much. OU will expand their recuiting to where teh big ole D line men are and bring an O the SEC hasnt seen with the jocks they have. OU plays a fun brand of football so eyes will come to watch the O but also OU tends to misfire a few games a year which wlll be losses in the SWC In 10 years OU has at best a 8 and 4 average record. UT will get their tails kicked hard and be lucky to go 6 and 6 on avg in the SEC. So fans wont be too happy for good reason.

Our best bet is Pac12. No way I want the SEC monsters nor do they want our smaller footprint in stadium size and eyeball market we bring. But in the Pac12 we can compete and expnd our recruiting base.

There is really no other option for us that works for me.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
OU wins on this move and UT no so much. OU will expand their recuiting to where teh big ole D line men are and bring an O the SEC hasnt seen with the jocks they have. OU plays a fun brand of football so eyes will come to watch the O but also OU tends to misfire a few games a year which wlll be losses in the SWC In 10 years OU has at best a 8 and 4 average record. UT will get their tails kicked hard and be lucky to go 6 and 6 on avg in the SEC. So fans wont be too happy for good reason.

Our best bet is Pac12. No way I want the SEC monsters nor do they want our smaller footprint in stadium size and eyeball market we bring. But in the Pac12 we can compete and expnd our recruiting base.

There is really no other option for us that works for me.
Sounds like a loser mentality to me. To quote an old OkState coach. "I'll play any sucker in this country"...

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
College football and sadly college sports in general may soon be dead. It was a good run while it lasted. Ultimately, greed killed the golden goose. I'll watch OSU sports whether the players are four star recruits or walk-ons, but it won't be the same. Who knows what college football will look like in a few years. No doubt the players will have unions very soon then the real fun starts.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
Now this thread has it all. Twitter posts by Greg Swaim. Haven't heard that name in forever.
Ha, name from the past isn't it. Is Traber, Eschback, Blevins still on the radio? The "dominant duo" of OKC sports radio. Last I heard Sam Mayes was quite the suckup to uo. Haven't listened to any of that garbage in 10 years or so and don't miss it all since I'm away from the area.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
<--- waits from someone to drop a Thayer Evans TikTok opinion on this clustersmurf of a situation.

What was the OU guy's name that ran their fan website and message board that stole all that money from a Burger King franchisee? Went to prison then after he got out ran the website and I think even had a radio show. People called him the hamburguler. He was around the time of Swaim. His name is on the tip of my tongue.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
College football and sadly college sports in general may soon be dead. It was a good run while it lasted. Ultimately, greed killed the golden goose. I'll watch OSU sports whether the players are four star recruits or walk-ons, but it won't be the same. Who knows what college football will look like in a few years. No doubt the players will have unions very soon then the real fun starts.
Been heading that way for a while. I still think a 16 team league of blue bloods only would be best for everyone. Leave the rest of us to our own league.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Announced. The SEC voted 14-0 to extend an offer to u0 and Texas.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2013
It looks as if ESPN was trying to get the remaining 8 big 12 teams to the AAC. Likely with a bit of a money boost.

It also looks like the remnants can continue to get 37.5 million a year through 2025 if we stick together.

i think wed have to add 2 teams to make up the content. BYU and UCF would be adds equal or better to most of the remaining 8. Look at UCF's objectives. they made more money than any other power 5 program, attendance equals kstate and lags only OSU, WVU, and TT. in big media market, in florida, has a student body bigger than UF, FSU and lol Miami(small private school with a brand but no fans).

Obviously we all hope to be in a p4 when its all said and done, but big 12 with UCF and BYU wouldnt be terrible for 2022-2024. Maybe we could get amazon to step in and overpay to get content in college sports. Amazon knows how many streamers each school has way better than espn, and possibly our value to amazon exceeds to value ESPN thinks we're worth.

UCF may actually be a better football add than Texas:

Texas has 1 top 10 finish in last decade, the year it had 4 losses but upset UGA in the Sugar and finished 9th.

You know who has MORE than one top 10 finish over the past 11 years? TCU (4). Stanford (4). Michigan State (3). UCF (2).

Texas was unranked in the final AP poll five straight seasons from 2013 to 2017. Does that sound like a team we'd miss?

Last edited:

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Been a while for me, but here are my thoughts as things stand...

1. Take a breather and get ready to wait.
2. OU/Texas are the big fish and SEC is smart to do this, and Orange Colored Glasses off, they are too.
3. I honestly don't know that either the PAC-12 or B10 do us any favors in recruiting, which would be my biggest concern.
4. I don't think these dominoes are going to be done falling anytime soon. Buckle up, it could get wild.
5. If the massive super conferences come to pass, I'd honestly rather land SEC for the recruiting and rivalries there. Money too.

Oh, and Cade going #1 tonight and Thunder draft takes the cake today.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
To everyone reacting to the this week's news; If you still want college football, there's plenty of truly amateur athletes playing for the real love of the game at a Langston, Bacone, UCO, NSU, ECU etc.

Big time college football has been manipulated and perverted by money for 30+ years. Nothing has changed in the last seven days. It's been this weird for a while.

I'll still watch. It's more of a social thing for me anyway.