Big 12 week 9

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Wait… we have always been in control of our own destiny
There was a scenario where OSU, BU, and ISU all finish with 1 conference loss and we lose out on a point differential tie breaker. It was a small possibility but a possibility.
If we all have 1 loss, we would play ISU in the CCG. If we all have 2 losses, and 1 of the two losses for each was OU, ISU wins the tiebreaker and would play OU in the CCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
If we all have 1 loss, we would play ISU in the CCG. If we all have 2 losses, and 1 of the two losses for each was OU, ISU wins the tiebreaker and would play OU in the CCG.

Which is why we always controlled our own destiny. Win out, and we were always in.
Exactly.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
At least the most intolerable of situations, the Big 12 Championship game being OU/UT isn't possible now.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
No. If that had happened, we would have all been tied for 1st place. Baylor would have been eliminated by point differential. OSU vs. ISU for the title.
This. We beat them by 10. They beat ISU by 2 and ISU beat us by 3. It's moot now but they would be the odd man out.

Ironically from a playoff situation this would hurt us. Our best chance there is to beat a highly ranked undefeated uo and then do it again a week later. We beat them when they are reeling and exposed and it doesn't do as much good (although them reeling and exposed would be pretty satisfying)

Oct 30, 2007
Mississippi State up on #12 Kentucky right now and Ole Miss down by 11 to Auburn. That should help the Pokes move back up
Kentucky and Iowa losing will help, but Ole Miss losing won’t because Auburn will jump us. Heck, Baylor may even jump us.

Actually ole miss could move up due to the very good sec loss.

Nov 18, 2010
At least the most intolerable of situations, the Big 12 Championship game being OU/UT isn't possible now.
If Baylor and OSU can beat OU in their regular season games, (and Baylor/OSU win their other games), then both OU and Texas will leave the conference without even making it to the big 12 championship game in potentially their last season here. THAT would be a nice send off.