Big 12 wrestling tournament starts tomorrow

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Which one was it? Gfeller or AJ?
announcers said it was our 141 for unsportsmanlike. Tough deal that one man’s opinion cost OSU the title.
Gfeller just walked off the Mat when it was over didn’t go back to the middle to shake hands or anything. I hope that’s not what it was because if so that’s weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2006
Gfeller just walked off the Mat when it was over didn’t go back to the middle to shake hands or anything. I hope that’s not what it was because if so that’s weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They said it was. A momentary act of immaturity cost us a point. 4 or 5 guys not showing up ready to wrestle cost us the championship. Just too many holes in the lineup to win at tournament time. 142, 157, Heavyweight contributed nothing.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
So Gfeller contributes next to nothing with his wrestling and then storms off without shaking hands after losing costing us a point that ended up costing us an outright Big 12 Title? Does that about sum it up?
No the point deduction was on a coach not a wrestler. Also as much as it sucks that we have to share the title with OU it is not all bad. We actually need OU to get better for the betterment of the conference and us. If we can add Mizzou back and having a decent OU along with the other teams getting better should finally get the Big 12 to be able to get more of the seeds away from the Big 10. Thus OU shining a little here may actually help us in the future. We all know that we beat them twice in duals so no one should doubt who the real conference champ is.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2013
Ferrari won 197. Maybe another weight class?
Noah Adams was unbeaten last season. Sort of came out of nowhere, wasnt highly ranked in high school. Some of the WVU insiders said the pub wasnt handled too well. training wasnt there, and he wilted during 3rd periods of tough matches.

Hopefully he'll have his head on straight next season. He still has beastial strength, and did beat Ferrari during the regular season, but im not looking for him to make any noise in the nationals. Is there such thing as a sophomore slump in wrestling?