Boise state/Game a thread combined

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Its not just one guy. Here is a news story from there with the same info.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/h...ents/277-9fc04a3f-2711-4375-a43c-01d5d45c931e

"If campus infection rates continue to increase, we likely will face temporary, rolling closures, which may mean shifting face-to-face classes online or to hybrid mode, suspending or cutting back some campus-based services, delaying or canceling large gatherings, performances and athletic events, and temporarily returning to remote work," they wrote.
in the same forum others are saying the infection rates are reducing now...Hopefully they do and are.

Last edited:

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
in the same forum others are saying the infection rates are reducing now...Hopefully they do and are.
Well not sure where they are seeing that. Just went searching and looks like they are surging again. A story released within the last hour says that they are having to ration healthcare at local hospitals and about to open up a field hospital. I bet they will at a minimum play the game but starting to worry about fans in the stands.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Well not sure where they are seeing that. Just went searching and looks like they are surging again. A story released within the last hour says that they are having to ration healthcare at local hospitals and about to open up a field hospital. I bet they will at a minimum play the game but starting to worry about fans in the stands.
Yeah it certainly seems possible that the game is played without fans.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
Boise State's leading tackler from last year will be out during the first half of our game due to a targeting penalty. The Broncos looks pretty good. We'll have to step our game up if we want to come away with a win.

Mar 7, 2020
Oklahoma City
Blue turf on deck. This will be a test for the Cowboys. Boise lost to UCF and then beat up on utep. Hopefully we can figure out some of our offensive woes and come out with the W. The guys should come out fired up.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Each time in the past that Gundy teams have looked bad on offense, we simplify the offense and figure out how to run a few plays correctly and block them correctly...this is what happened in the 4th quarter, on the fly....when we plan for this for a week it will be a much improved way of doing things...however, it may result in a making our offense even more "predictable," for a few games. The equalizer could be the WR's if we can get Tay back asap and healthy. He was amazing in game one and I think he has Wallace type talent....Just need him healthy since he has experience and age, he's a big key to the offense being better overall. From comments post game it was pretty clear Gundy wanted to rest him and he wanted to play so he played a down or two and obviously couldn't...we are going to rest him until Wednesday and hope he's better and able to play at BSU. Go Pokes!

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
For those of you who were asking, I got an email yesterday about a Friday night gathering at the Grove Hotel. It was free, but I had to RSVP through the Alumni Association. From the email: "Fridays with the Family will take place at The Grove Hotel on Friday, Sept. 17, from 7-9 p.m. A cash bar will be available."

There was also a Tailgate at $99 per person on gameday. :eek:

https://www.orangeconnection.org/s/...0&ecid=30330&crid=0&calpgid=9614&calcid=24459

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
So, anyone have the latest update about game, area impact, etc with COV ? I saw that they say the northern Idaho is in real trouble but the "valley" with Boise isn't totally in dire straights yet.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
[QUOTE="however, it may result in a making our offense even more "predictable," /QUOTE]
Ugh....you just caused me to stroke out for a second. :D

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
Each time in the past that Gundy teams have looked bad on offense, we simplify the offense and figure out how to run a few plays correctly and block them correctly...this is what happened in the 4th quarter, on the fly....when we plan for this for a week it will be a much improved way of doing things...however, it may result in a making our offense even more "predictable," for a few games. The equalizer could be the WR's if we can get Tay back asap and healthy. He was amazing in game one and I think he has Wallace type talent....Just need him healthy since he has experience and age, he's a big key to the offense being better overall. From comments post game it was pretty clear Gundy wanted to rest him and he wanted to play so he played a down or two and obviously couldn't...we are going to rest him until Wednesday and hope he's better and able to play at BSU. Go Pokes!
Wow. You are so incredibly optimistic even in the face of all the facts now and over the last 3 years.