1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

BPS seat widening

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by cbruce73401, Jan 12, 2017.

1. cbruce73401

cbruce73401 Wrangler

Just got a call from the ticket office to tell me they're widening seats at BPS and in that process they've eliminated the seats I've held for 21 years. If you have season tickets in the middle of the row prepare to move.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. #1 Pokes Fan

#1 Pokes Fan Sheriff

Wow! It is a good thing that this is happening but sure sucks for the season tickets like yourself who've become accustomed to the area they sit in and the other ticket holders around them. Hopefully you'll like your new seats better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OSUjr

OSUjr Deputy
    A/V Subscriber

Wow, so I don't have to purchase the cushion seat in order to have breathing room around me anymore?:thumbup:

• Like Like x 9
  4. snuffy

snuffy Free Harambe!
    Staff A/V Subscriber

I am sorry some people are going to be shuffled around and I hope they are taken care of and given the best possible choices as they move but this needed to happen. It should have happened when they added the Est Endzone IMO but I am glad it is finally happening.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  5. CTeamPoke

CTeamPoke Creator of "Dumbest Post in OP History!"
    A/V Subscriber

If this reduces stadium capacity that would probably be a good thing. We get ripped for not being able to sell out the stadium pretty regularly.

• Like Like x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
  6. CowboyVenus

CowboyVenus An orange light stuck in the crimson darkness
    A/V Subscriber

I feel like this would have been a better decision in a year that we don't have OU at home

7. ThePokeOfGotham

ThePokeOfGotham Greenhorn

Thank god! I am sorry for the season ticket holders that have to move, that is not fair, wish there was another way but its miserable right now. My dad is 6'1 220 and Im 6'3 215 and I literally had to put my arm around my father the whole game just to keep off the guy next to me, I could not imagine being an even "heavier" person and trying to squeeze in. It was so bad I was going to suggest boy girl boy girl seating only lol.

#7 ThePokeOfGotham, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Matt_bob123

Matt_bob123 SBC presents Mattbob

I received the call as well. My seats were 2 over from the aisle, but only mine for the last 2 years, so it wasn't that big of a deal to move. I enjoyed the location, but these things happened. I appreciate the Ticket Office for handling what could be a very upsetting activity in a very professional manner.

People that are getting moved are getting first choice of seats to relocate to. I think they just started calling people today.

She also mentioned that my ticket price was remaining the same, but the structure would be different, my total was remaining the same, but now it was mostly posse, so I'll get a bigger deduction for the cost.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

Good news! Turns out 2017 size butts are bigger than 1947 size butts.

How many seats we are losing?

• LOL LOL x 3
  10. hoopjunkie

hoopjunkie Sheriff

any mention of how much the capacity will change?

• Like Like x 1
  11. osuwhit

osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
    A/V Subscriber

Our dad's are close to the same size. However, I am smaller than you and found myself doing the same thing at times. The seats next to us belong to a guy who upgraded elsewhere in the stadium. He gives the seats next to me to people that work for him. So, I never know who will be to my left.

It might suck to get moved, but I guess I would hope for the best view and appreciate the new found comfort. I'm tired of sitting on others or other sitting on me. It's terrible.

• Like Like x 2
  12. LandscapePoke

LandscapePoke Deputy

I sit in seat one and constantly get pushed out into the isle.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PontiacPoke717

PontiacPoke717 Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

Why the hell is everyone sitting? Plenty of room in the student section too, and when that's rocking, there's no better place to be. Besides, you never know what you'll see, so the entertainment factor is priceless lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  14. Boomer.....

Boomer..... Territorial Marshal

You act as though the "premium" games sell out.

• Total Poop Total Poop x 2
  15. PontiacPoke717

PontiacPoke717 Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

Our 42,000 collectively have more teeth than your 100,000... so HA!

• LOL LOL x 5
  16. osuwhit

osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
    A/V Subscriber

I'm up and down throughout the game. We had some mouthy jerks behind us in 208 forever. They finally beat it this past season and a group of old ladies sit behind us now. They're pretty awesome, but it's hard for them to stand up so much. Yeah.. yeah.. lame. I know, but they moved out of the club section to because they felt people didn't care about the game up there. Personally, I've only been up there once and I had a good time watching us beat TCU. They don't like it there and they're really good seat neighbors, so I try and keep seated when it's not time to get up and be rowdy. Kind of an unspoken agreement with everyone in that area.

I've only sat in the student section for one season. My dad's tickets beat the hell out of that area, so I haven't been back since my freshman year. I do agree there was some solid entertainment there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. oks10

oks10 Territorial Marshal

It'll sure be nice not having to stand angled and overlapping just to fit. Now if only they could get new seat backs that have straight backs instead of ones that angle back so when you ARE sitting, you're not being stabbed in the knee caps every time the guy in front of you sits down... :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rack

Rack Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

Mrs. Rack and I stood in the student section this year all year despite having tickets in the upper part of the endzone. MUCH better and more fun than sitting with the other "old" folks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CowboyVenus

CowboyVenus An orange light stuck in the crimson darkness
    A/V Subscriber

The attendance for Bedlam in Stillwater has grown every game since the bowl was added. In 2015 the attendance was 59,238 so logically any growth along with seat width increase could push it to the point of capacity.

20. Boomer.....

Boomer..... Territorial Marshal

So Holder's ticket policy will be successful after all. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
    • Total Poop Total Poop x 1