Bracketology

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Regular season games matter a lot less when you expand the playoff much more than it is because in theory every game matters more when any one loss could knock you out of the playoff. Plus, bowl games become more irrelevant, or at least that's the prevailing logic. Regular season and bowl game TV deals keep it as is, though it sounds like expanding to 8 could happen. P5 champions plus 3. Any G5 team in the top 10 gets in.
If every game mattered the same to every team then I would give more credence to that but the top teams get way more leeway for losses than everyone else.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Regular season games matter a lot less when you expand the playoff much more than it is because in theory every game matters more when any one loss could knock you out of the playoff. Plus, bowl games become more irrelevant, or at least that's the prevailing logic. Regular season and bowl game TV deals keep it as is, though it sounds like expanding to 8 could happen. P5 champions plus 3. Any G5 team in the top 10 gets in.
Bowl games are always what they bring up as if somehow we have to protect the bowl games. Why? And, they didn't have any real problem working existing bowl games into the current 4 team playoff. The 4 team playoff as is structured is simply more of the same, it controls what universities get the lions share of recruits and big money.

NCAA Division 1 Football isn't really about amateur sports and student athletes, is it?

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Bowl games are always what they bring up as if somehow we have to protect the bowl games. Why? And, they didn't have any real problem working existing bowl games into the current 4 team playoff. The 4 team playoff as is structured is simply more of the same, it controls what universities get the lions share of recruits and big money.

NCAA Division 1 Football isn't really about amateur sports and student athletes, is it?
$$$$$$...Nevermind the fact that most people never gave a crap about at least 75% of the bowls anyway.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Oct 30, 2007
That was the best game I've seen in a long time. I feel bad for UCLA, because neither team deserved to lose. The national championship game Monday should be a lot of fun to watch.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
So the Championship game will be between the Catholics (Gonzaga U) and Baptists (Baylor) Monday night, the day after Easter. :innocent:

Enjoyed the humor. Reminded me that when it comes to athletics, most schools and athletes are both very open minded; I had a friend that played on the Baylor baseball team a few years ago, and he and three other starting position players were all practicing Catholics.