Calvin Barnett arrested

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 19, 2009
Dallas
a disaster??!!! how has he been a disaster behaviorally?

like another poster said, what an incredible over reaction by some people. wow.
OK, maybe "disaster" was a poor choice in words. But Gundy continued to recruit this kid after he picked Arkansas over OSU and after he failed to qualify academically. You think the kid would have his stuff in order to avoid an arrest.

Jan 7, 2012
Kid's been a trainwreck from the get go. First with the signing day antics, then not being able to stick at Arkansas, and now this?

C'mon Gundy and Co., you're smarter than taking a risk on a dumb kid like this, regardless of how gifted he might be.
a trainwreck? honestly, it sounds like you don't know anything about this case. the reason he wasn't able to 'stick' with arkansas was because he had to go JUCO.

prior to this, Barnett has done NOTHING that got him in trouble with the law or anything that was cause for suspension.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Holy Overreaction Batman.

Remember B-Average for uo had 5 violations in one stop and missed a quarter of the Baylor game?? Rest was handled internally

Nov 12, 2010
Not making grades and not getting your car registration straightened out are things that need to be corrected but are by no means any reason to give up on a kid. These things can easily be corrected. Now if he starts beating on his girlfriend in between hits off a crack pipe, then maybe they should reevaluate. But lets pump the brakes in the mean time.

Aug 11, 2011
Bartlesville
A couple of those charges will go away if CB just goes to the DOT and does what he is supposed to do, to insurance agent and secures coverage, then, goes before the judge and will have to pay some fines and costs plus the speeding ticket, if he cannot convince the judge to delay adjudication for a 6-month probationary period. That's all childs-play compared to what he will have to do to appease HCMG. He is in no danger of being booted from the team. In fact, I thought he was pretty darn active in the Spring Finale and should start against SSU. Character can be taught. Mistakes are forgiven, even by God. If being judgemental and going Chicken Little on a message board makes you feel better, who am I to stand in the way.

Hint: Those of you who would like to, should keep 'I told you so' on your clipboard for easy access and to avoid carpel-tunnel.

Go Pokes!!!

Jan 7, 2012
OK, maybe "disaster" was a poor choice in words. But Gundy continued to recruit this kid after he picked Arkansas over OSU and after he failed to qualify academically. You think the kid would have his stuff in order to avoid an arrest.
Gundy has said he doesn't take recruiting antics personally. that's to Gundy's credit. honestly, i attribute Barnett's signing day switch to being an immature high schooler. nothing more.

i honestly don't see how Barnett's signing day stunt and going JUCO has anything to do with his recent misdemeanors. it's apples and oranges.

people here are acting like Barnett pulled a Gabe Widenour or something. heck, it wasn't even DUI.

people need to relax. there's plenty of summer for things that are actually bad to happen. :)

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
I would say so. And by the way I don't think continuing to recruit a kid of his caliber is a bad thing.

Man some people are way overreacting.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I'm so angry and distraught right now at the lack of common sense and responsibility of Calvin Barnett. I mean speeding? No insurance? Expired Licesne!?!?! :runaway:

colin1497

Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana!
A/V Subscriber
Jun 20, 2008
That's possible. Driving under suspension is a mistake anybody can make. I got arrested for it once because I hadn't paid a speeding ticket but didn't get the notice my license was suspended until the day after I got pulled over.

The insurance shows it was more than a mistake, though. However, this is hardly the straw that broke the camel's back. He's obviously not maturing as fast as we would like, but this isn't a dismissable offense at all.
I had this very thing happen because I mailed a personal check to pay the ticket and they required a cashier check/money order/cash payment.