Can America Survive ?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
With our massive $16,000,000,000 debt and very little being done about it have many smart businessmen are doubting if America can survive as we know it.

Obama has done nothing to address this problem.completely ignoring his own Simpson-Boles Commission's advice. Even Erskine Boles his Democratic appointee said he thought their recommendations would give the President "political cover" to present his own plan to deal with this serious debt problem, But he was surprised that Obama took no action.

Even if Romney is elected these same businessmen think that he will have a very tough time dealing with this massive debt. But at least he has a plan.

metallicajake

/insert witty custom title
Feb 8, 2007
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Even if Romney is elected these same businessmen think that he will have a very tough time dealing with this massive debt. But at least he has a plan.
He does? Is that the one with the decreased tax revenue through extension of the Bush tax cuts and additional tax cuts, paid for by "closing loopholes", of which there aren't enough to make up for the lost revenue?

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
He does? Is that the one with the decreased tax revenue through extension of the Bush tax cuts and additional tax cuts, paid for by "closing loopholes", of which there aren't enough to make up for the lost revenue?
We've seen Obama's plan in place the last four years, and I've also got a copy of his picture book!

Why don't you read that picture book and point out Obama's plan to all of us.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I agree its a tough problem...but I have not seen Obama offer any solutions that even come close to addressing this major problem. And as I said he dismissed his own Simpson-Boles Commission withiout any action. I asume he did this because he wanted to be elected and he did not want to offend anyone who might vote for him. Even Ryan's pland has been attacked as throwing grandma over the cliff! Well...its not just grandma..its you and your family and any grandchildren who is going over the cliff...and sooner than you expect.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I agree its a tough problem...but I have not seen Obama offer any solutions that even come close to addressing this major problem. And as I said he dismissed his own Simpson-Boles Commission withiout any action. I asume he did this because he wanted to be elected and he did not want to offend anyone who might vote for him. Even Ryan's pland has been attacked as throwing grandma over the cliff! Well...its not just grandma..its you and your family and any grandchildren who is going over the cliff...and sooner than you expect.
Obama has a new plan, he told us about it the other day on the campaign trail. He named it "revenge"...

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Good for you, I saved a copy on my hard drive the day he announced it.

I also read it. I found it interesting that several times he mentioned eliminating loopholes and tax breaks.

Espesially since he said this in the third debate..

"You say that you're going to pay for it by closing loopholes and deductions, without naming what those loopholes and deductions are."

I've got a copy to the 2nd and 3rd debate transcript as well.

Now, can you show me where in Obama's picture book he "names what those loopholes are"?

Remember this is from the guy that was involved in this exchange in the first debate...

Obama: "Well, I want to do the same thing, but I've actually identified how we can do that. And part of the way to do it is to not give tax breaks to companies that are shipping jobs overseas."

Romney: "The second topic, which is you said you get a deduction for taking a plant overseas. Look, I've been in business for 25 years. I have no idea what you're talking about. I maybe need to get a new accountant. But -- but the idea that you get a break for shipping jobs overseas is simply not the case."

Now, where's your research?

I wonder what it was he "identified"?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Obama has a new plan, he told us about it the other day on the campaign trail. He named it "revenge"...
Right. Sweet revenge, if he wins, whether against someone like you on a forum, who's been constantly trying to discredit Obama or a big nationally known political fanatic like Sean Hannity, who has been working hard every day for at least the last 4 years trying to discredit Obama.

May 8, 2009
Germantown, TN
With our massive $16,000,000,000 debt and very little being done about it have many smart businessmen are doubting if America can survive as we know it.

Obama has done nothing to address this problem.completely ignoring his own Simpson-Boles Commission's advice. Even Erskine Boles his Democratic appointee said he thought their recommendations would give the President "political cover" to present his own plan to deal with this serious debt problem, But he was surprised that Obama took no action.

When he started, the debt was 9 trill to 10 trill depending on who you believe. He said he would cut in the debt in half, after he said it was un-patriotic to let the our national debt increase (when a democrat controlled congress presided after 2006 elections). Now debt is 16 trill and now the average American actually has more debt than the average Greek (see current Greek collapse).
There's plenty more to talk about, but my kids are now saddled with $218K each in national debt. Decision on who to vote for is extremely easy.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
When he started, the debt was 9 trill to 10 trill depending on who you believe. He said he would cut in the debt in half, after he said it was un-patriotic to let the our national debt increase (when a democrat controlled congress presided after 2006 elections). Now debt is 16 trill and now the average American actually has more debt than the average Greek (see current Greek collapse).
There's plenty more to talk about, but my kids are now saddled with $218K each in national debt. Decision on who to vote for is extremely easy.
I told my kids this morning that this election was more important for them than it was for me.

I've got a job and they will be looking for jobs in the next four years.