Cancel Culture!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2008
Firearms manufactures have been laughing all the way to the bank for at least 30 years now promoting a cancel culture of firearms. At some point you think people will see through the marketing ploy ?
Sadly, I think you give people to much credit.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
“Cancel culture” is what people call competition in the open marketplace of ideas when they are losing said competition.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
A few things to look at here:

First, that was Inner Circle, not Bob Marley.

Second, Dr. Seuss's family decided not to publish six lesser known books because of the racial caricature illustrated.

Third, Can you name any of the six books taken out of circulation? Which one was your favorite?

Fourth, Song of the Year is awarded by the Grammy's, not a random list from an NPR staffer.

Fifth, Please list 5-10 songs that were released last year that would have been a better candidate for song of the year.

FINALLY, DO YOU PREFER A WOMAN WITH A DAP?

Personally, I don't
Answer to #3 Horton hires Ho
Answer #5 Anything by Luke Combs, Anything by Pitbull, Anything with Scoop, There, It and Is

Sep 12, 2008
Adam Smith and “Wealth Of Nations” via Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, actually.
Marketplace of ideas was his..

John Stuart Mills argued against censorship and in favor of the free flow of ideas.

What do you think about the prosecutions chances in the upcoming Derek Chauvin trial?

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Marketplace of ideas was his..

John Stuart Mills argued against censorship and in favor of the free flow of ideas.

What do you think about the prosecutions chances in the upcoming Derek Chauvin trial?
I don’t comment on others prosecutors cases or chances because I don’t have access to all the same information or evidence that they do....and because I really dislike when people do it to me based upon the extremely limited information that they have.

I doubt he filed it planning on losing it.

Sep 12, 2008
I don’t comment on others prosecutors cases or chances because I don’t have access to all the same information or evidence that they do....and because I really dislike when people do it to me based upon the extremely limited information that they have.

I doubt he filed it planning on losing it.
They rarely do. I guess we will find out soon enough.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
What an embarrassment that he ever was the “leader” of our nation. As a party, we missed our chance to truly kick him to the curb because the GOP didn’t want to alienate his supporters.

Also, it’s funny he throws the RINO term around so much since he was a Democrat until he saw the political opportunity to become a Republican In Name Only.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
God now we have to cancel assignments of making women obey men in schools ?

Canceled

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1367935965713620996?s=19
Man that’s messed up. You guys with kids will have to weigh in but if I had a daughter I don’t think I would have been cool with that assignment. Maybe I’m missing an angle.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Man that’s messed up. You guys with kids will have to weigh in but if I had a daughter I don’t think I would have been cool with that assignment. Maybe I’m missing an angle.
As a girl dad, teaching them about what that was like I have no problem with. We don't need to just blank out things about the past that we didn't like or else we'll be destined to repeat it. I do have a problem with actually having them physically repeat it for an assignment though. Not necessarily in a "HOW DARE YOU?!" kind of way but more in a "Really?? You thought this would actually be a good idea?? Nah, my kid ain't doing that." kind of way.