Cancel Culture!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
M&M Characters Redesigned For 'More Dynamic, Progressive World,' Mars Announces

M&M's iconic characters — six different colored "lentils," each with their own personality — have gotten a modern makeover for a "more dynamic, progressive world," Mars said Thursday. The redesign is focused on creating a sense of belonging and community, as well as spotlighting the character's "personalities, rather than their gender."

The most notable changes include the green M&M's redesign, which will exchange the white heeled go-go boots she was given in 1997 for "cool, laid-back sneakers to reflect her effortless confidence." Mars had received criticism for the green M&M's sexy characterization. The green M&M will also be "better represented to reflect confidence and empowerment, as a strong female, and known for much more than her boots."

The green M&M and the brown M&M will have a more friendly relationship, showcasing a "force supporting women." The two characters' dynamic will have them "together throwing shine and not shade," the company said. The two characters have sometimes been at odds in advertisements, but they have also been seen as friends — or more than friends in others, like this viral tweet from 2015 showing the two holding hands on a beach.

Mars also added that the brown M&M's heels will be lowered to a professional heel height.

The orange M&M, who has an anxious personality, will "embrace his true self, worries and all." But the orange M&M's shoe laces will now be tied to represent his cautious nature. According to Mars, the orange M&M is "one of the most relatable characters with Gen-Z," which is the "most anxious generation."

The red M&M, who has shown bully tendencies in the past, will be more kind to his co-characters.

Mars will also include imagery of M&Ms of all shapes and sizes, moving away from only one body size, and it will remove the prefixes from the characters' names in order to focus on "their personalities, rather than their gender." Currently, only the brown M&M has a prefix — Ms. Brown — on the M&M website.

The company hopes their changes will show the importance of "self-expression and power of community."
Almost no one truly cares about them being "progressive" or representative of anything.. Are they funny? If not, then it'll backfire.
I mean, maybe this time wokeness will actually attain humor?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OranGE-KK

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 11, 2011
Count me in as paying literally 0 attention to the attributes of the different color M&Ms.
Had always only noticed the yellow one was bigger; just assumed he was peanut...

Dec 9, 2013
As much as I disagree with the things you post, this might be your worst ever. You must be a communist troll seeking to destroy America.
Interesting in that the 1st half of gradndad’s sentence is just all kinds of wrong. Best thing on this planet is a turtle from Glacier Confectionery in Tulsa. The back half of his sentence is straight truth.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Interesting in that the 1st half of gradndad’s sentence is just all kinds of wrong. Best thing on this planet is a turtle from Glacier Confectionery in Tulsa. The back half of his sentence is straight truth.
The Apple pie Apple at Rocky Mountain chocolate factory

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Look. It’s not from trying. Every time someone serves German Chocolate or Coconut Cream I try. I even try my wife’s coconut chicken from Golden Dragon. But I just can’t.

Or was it for saying gradndad spoke truth?
It was for agreeing that coconut in pies and cakes should be illegal. Coconut cream pie is OK, I can take it or leave it. But I'm a fan of German Chocolate cake. It's my sister's favorite and she makes a really good one.

Does Golden Dragon also have coconut chicken or are you talking about Thai Cafe? I like it, but it's too sweet for a main dish. It's like you're eating a desert.

Dec 9, 2013
It was for agreeing that coconut in pies and cakes should be illegal. Coconut cream pie is OK, I can take it or leave it. But I'm a fan of German Chocolate cake. It's my sister's favorite and she makes a really good one.

Does Golden Dragon also have coconut chicken or are you talking about Thai Cafe? I like it, but it's too sweet for a main dish. It's like you're eating a desert.
Golden Dragon has Coconut Chicken and to me it’s like chicken w cinnamon roll icing. It’s her favorite dish in town.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Golden Dragon has Coconut Chicken and to me it’s like chicken w cinnamon roll icing. It’s her favorite dish in town.
Yeah, that's how it is at Thai Cafe too. I miss Golden Dragon. We used to go there all the time, but I haven't been since we moved to Edmond 8 years ago. We haven't found a Chinese restaurant around here yet that's as good as Golden Dragon.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Also, chocolate and peanut butter combo may be one of the best food combinations.
NUTS!! I said NUTS!! You know, like almonds in cookies, chocolate ice cream, or in a Hershey bar. Or PEANUT M&M’s. Reese’s is just about my favorite, but it doesn’t have NUTS other than what’s been processed smooth. Gotta be a smooth texture.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
As much as I disagree with the things you post, this might be your worst ever. You must be a communist troll seeking to destroy America.
Coconut. Yuck

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk