Capitol police warn House of possible attack tomorrow

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Yeah, that's it.. it those Republicans.. if we could just get rid of them all our problems would go away.
When they start holding their own accountable for absolutely anything and get more upset about their fellow Americans getting killed than they do a Mr Potato Head toy then maybe we can talk.
Last summer must have been a living hell for you.

You know, all those “peaceful” protests targeting police and the police officers killed in the line of duty and the property damaged all in the name of justice. Holding those responsible (including bystanders?) accountable for their actions must have been quite a hellish undertaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2008
Oh please, if either side ever starts holding their own accountable, it will be amazing. It hasn't been that long ago that republican representatives were actually shot by a left wing supporter. I'm assuming you don't condone that any more than I condone what happened on Jan 6. Quit pretending you have some moral high ground. Politics sucks and we're all to blame.
I grew up driving a tractor and listening to Rush Limbaugh. In the deepest red parts of an already deep red Oklahoma. A Republican until the party completely lost its way. I feel far more accountability towards conservatism than liberalism.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I'm a Republican who doesn't support Antifa, and I also think you need to take a long step back and look at yourself.
Ditto this. We like to act like we have higher standards than Democrats, but it’s been tit-for-tat for at least the past 5 years. When each side is demonizing the other, it leaves plenty of room for self-justification.

We’re in a vicious cycle. I just pray it’s not a death cycle for our democracy.

Sep 12, 2008
Ditto this. We like to act like we have higher standards than Democrats, but it’s been tit-for-tat for at least the past 5 years. When each side is demonizing the other, it leaves plenty of room for self-justification.

I'll agree that we are in a vicious cycle, but its its been going on at least since the Clinton administration. Unlike Covid the trend is upward..

Why do Reps feel like they have or should have higher standards than Dems? Don't Dems feel the same passion and higher purpose as Reps do?

Sep 22, 2011
Did you and your ilk take a step back when cops were getting murdered during the bull**** riots for 6 months last year? Didn't think so all you people did was blame Republicans for not throwing all cops in the gulag

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
They are both bad, they are both different, any one who commits political violence is bad. Attempting to deflect attention from your teams political violence to another teams political violence does not make your teams political violence look better, it convinces no one and makes you look like a bad faith actor who gives at least tacit approval to the heinous acts of the capital riots. I would say the same of people who supported the BLM riots and violence of the summer as well, including the MSM. Good Guys call out political violence especially when it is committed by their team. Its called integrity and leadership and without it we will continue down the sectarian track to ruin. Its time to move from denial to acceptance as quickly as possible.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
They are both bad, they are both different, any one who commits political violence is bad. Attempting to deflect attention from your teams political violence to another teams political violence does not make your teams political violence look better, it convinces no one and makes you look like a bad faith actor who gives at least tacit approval to the heinous acts of the capital riots. I would say the same of people who supported the BLM riots and violence of the summer as well, including the MSM. Good Guys call out political violence especially when it is committed by their team. Its called integrity and leadership and without it we will continue down the sectarian track to ruin. Its time to move from denial to acceptance as quickly as possible.

FWIW, it's hard to find a GOP politician that doesn't publicly denounce the violence at the Capital on Jan 6. It's also hard to find a DEM politician that does publicly denounce ALL the violence and destruction over the summer.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I'll agree that we are in a vicious cycle, but its its been going on at least since the Clinton administration. Unlike Covid the trend is upward..

Why do Reps feel like they have or should have higher standards than Dems? Don't Dems feel the same passion and higher purpose as Reps do?
Both Republicans and Democrats do have tremendously high passion when in DC, but it is to different things.

Dems are highly passionate about Social Equality, Diversity and the Environment

Reps are highly passionate about Protecting the Economy, Rule of Law and Religious Freedom.

The thing is..the things the two sides are HIGHLY passionate about, often end up in direct conflict with each other causing friction.

They have to find SOME middle ground they are both highly passionate about to even find something they are willing to work on together.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
FWIW, it's hard to find a GOP politician that doesn't publicly denounce the violence at the Capital on Jan 6. It's also hard to find a DEM politician that does publicly denounce ALL the violence and destruction over the summer.
the Problem is you have Many GOP politicians denouncing the violence but STILL trying to blame it on Non Trump supporters.

Sure you denounced the violence.....but STILL aren't accepting the Truth about what actually happened.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
the Problem is you have Many GOP politicians denouncing the violence but STILL trying to blame it on Non Trump supporters.

Sure you denounced the violence.....but STILL aren't accepting the Truth about what actually happened.
So that's the sum total of the "Problem" in your mind?

1. What's your definition of many?
2. If you denounce the violence, you denounce the violence. It would be better if some GOPs didn't feel they had to spread the blame.
3. There were non-Trump supporters there. Are many GOPs really putting all the blame on them? I think you're exaggerating. Maybe we read different news sources.
4. Interesting you can find blame in GOP politicians but remain silent on DEM politicians.

Sep 22, 2011

2. If you denounce the violence, you denounce the violence. It would be better if some GOPs didn't feel they had to spread the blame.
3. There were non-Trump supporters there. Are many GOPs really putting all the blame on them? I think you're exaggerating. Maybe we read different news sources.
4. Interesting you can find blame in GOP politicians but remain silent on DEM politicians.
It is about owning it, look at Lankford versus Cruz, I agree with very little that Lankford says, but that very night, he owned his part (however small) of the riot and he changed his actions based on it. Integrity and leadership, cruz and the other hacks that live off of this sectarianism and culture war BS doubled down over and over on stop the sreal, antifa, and any other deflection that takes attention away from them and their culpability in this. Just to preemptively disarm the whatabout that is literally in tour head right now, i feel the exact same for all of the hacks that instigated the BLM protests and riots over the summer. Its all bad, the way we are going leads to the end of the republic. The only way out is to demand leadership and integrity from ourselves our country men and especially our leaders and do the hard work of patching together a country that has been ripping at the seams for 40 years

Mar 11, 2006
The MSM is doing its hardest not to let this story die down. The TOP 3 current headlines on cnn.com are about the capitol riot (and four of the top seven stories). The top headline on msnbc.com is about the capitol riot.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
It is about owning it, look at Lankford versus Cruz, I agree with very little that Lankford says, but that very night, he owned his part (however small) of the riot and he changed his actions based on it. Integrity and leadership, cruz and the other hacks that live off of this sectarianism and culture war BS doubled down over and over on stop the sreal, antifa, and any other deflection that takes attention away from them and their culpability in this. Just to preemptively disarm the whatabout that is literally in tour head right now, i feel the exact same for all of the hacks that instigated the BLM protests and riots over the summer. Its all bad, the way we are going leads to the end of the republic. The only way out is to demand leadership and integrity from ourselves our country men and especially our leaders and do the hard work of patching together a country that has been ripping at the seams for 40 years
Did Lankford tell people to storm the capital? I hadn’t heard that before.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

There’s owning it and denouncing it. Two different things. Not sure who exactly needs to own what on either side for any of the events unless they promoted an illegal activity. Would be nice simply to hear politicians denounce illegal behavior. Do we need a scorecard to know what activities have yet to be denounced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

So are you trying to say that you don't agree with the Democrat politicians that not only didn't call out the violence over the summer but encouraged it had rhetoric towards it, and started funds to bail out the rioters when they were arrested?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

You know I think we're in a death spiral and there is no way out.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The MSM is doing its hardest not to let this story die down. The TOP 3 current headlines on cnn.com are about the capitol riot (and four of the top seven stories). The top headline on msnbc.com is about the capitol riot.
I still think they got it mixed up with the antifa call to "protest" that's supposed to be tomorrow this whole time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Last time I checked the card in my Pocket, it says Republican. Let's hold ourselves accountable.
I have been saying for a long time that we should vote every incumbent out of office, including Republicans.
And I routinely call out republican friends and family members who say something stupid.

I have not heard any credible sources supporting what happened on Jan 6. They may be out there and should be condemned if so.

Naturally there are anonymous voices on the internet who are ok with it just like there were anonymous voices on the internet that supported shooting republican lawmakers. Nothing I can do about them.

My point was that it's easy to call out the obvious ones from your side (storming the capitol, shooting lawmakers), but that's where most people stop. They go right on supporting the divisiveness and vitriol that both parties promote...and people need to quit pretending their side is innocent of doing it.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2008
Both Republicans and Democrats do have tremendously high passion when in DC, but it is to different things.

Dems are highly passionate about Social Equality, Diversity and the Environment

Reps are highly passionate about Protecting the Economy, Rule of Law and Religious Freedom.

The thing is..the things the two sides are HIGHLY passionate about, often end up in direct conflict with each other causing friction.

They have to find SOME middle ground they are both highly passionate about to even find something they are willing to work on together.
Numerous posters have said that as Republicans we should have a higher standard.. this makes me think they believe that Democrats hold themselves to a lower standard. Or are they just looking down their noses at them Trump voters.

Do people still believe that one party has the moral high ground over the other?

May 31, 2007
OK & CA

R’s don’t have higher standards than D’s. R’s would do everything D’s do if they could get away with it. D’s just have more built in advantages.