Catholic Bishops to determine if Biden still qualifies to take communion

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The Catholic church has been pretty clear that it is adamantly pro life so this isn't really a surprise. However, as Rx implied, they have plenty of things to clean up internally before going after the president.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
The Catholic church has been pretty clear that it is adamantly pro life so this isn't really a surprise. However, as Rx implied, they have plenty of things to clean up internally before going after the president.
My Catholic friends call Joe Biden...a CINO...catholic in name only! As a Catholic he needs to either follow his own churches teaching or get out of the church.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Ummm..... why not both? Are they only allowed to take stands against one wrong thing at a time?

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
My Catholic friends call Joe Biden...a CINO...catholic in name only! As a Catholic he needs to either follow his own churches teaching or get out of the church.
Our Catholic friends are very different and mixed. The political moderates in the group seem to like that he appears to have legitimately attended mass on a regular basis for his entire adult life. I'm also in a decently heavy Catholic area, though. Most exit polls showed Biden winning among Catholics by a 5ish point margin, meaning they're probably pretty evenly divided.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Our Catholic friends are very different and mixed. The political moderates in the group seem to like that he appears to have legitimately attended mass on a regular basis for his entire adult life. I'm also in a decently heavy Catholic area, though. Most exit polls showed Biden winning among Catholics by a 5ish point margin, meaning they're probably pretty evenly divided.
Did you see that while in England for the G7 that on Sunday that Biden and Jill dropped in to a Catholic church unannounced to attend mass over in Cornwall. They then made a significant donation to the church after

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Exactly how Jesus would have done it in the Bible times. Throw them bums out!
Excommunication for failure to follow church laws/rules. Hmm.. I see no problem here.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 29, 2016
US
The world is so full of adults who harbor such immaturity, that I'm ashamed to be an adult. Maturity is a lie. See: The pettiness in the world today.. for example, the reason this thread exists. What is wrong with people.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Exactly how Jesus would have done it in the Bible times. Throw them bums out!
Jesus warns us against this very thing.

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Matthew 7:21-23

And

On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple courts and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16 and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17 And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’”

Mark 11:15-17

Jesus kinda did throw the bums out. What's more, he will throw the bums out. You might want to be the GOAT, but you don't want to be a goat...

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. ”

Matthew 25:31-46