CFB Playoff #5 CFP, #5 Coaches, #5 AP

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
We needed a little help and got it; down goes tOSU - I think they are out. Too bad 6-5 Auburn couldn't finish the deal and knock out Bama in a classic trap game with Bama looking ahead to Georgia. We need Georgia to finish them off next week. I think we move to #5 after the win over OU and move in to the CFB Playoffs with a win over Baylor and a Georgia win over Bama.

May 29, 2007
NE OK
Current poll coming into this weekend:

1 Georgia 11-0
2 Ohio State 10-1
3 Alabama 10-1
4 Cincinnati 11-0
5 Michigan 10-1
6 Notre Dame 10-1
7 Oklahoma State 10-1
8 Baylor 9-2
9 Ole Miss 9-2
10 Oklahoma 10-1

Georgia's rolling right along and is solid at 1.

tOSU losing to Meatchicken SHOULD drop them below us since they are out of their CCG and have 2 losses.

Alabama, who knows... I have a feeling since they "gutted out a win" ESPN (oops I mean the CFP committee) will reward them to pump up the hype going into the SEC CCG. Hope I'm wrong but guessing they will be 2 on Tuesday.

Cincinnati took care of business and will be at 3

Michigan will move up to 4, faces Iowa in the B1G CCG.

Notre Dame same as Cinci, did what they were suppose to do and moves up to 5.

Pokes at 6

tOSU at 7

I think Ole Miss jumps Baylor because ESPN conspiracy theories

All that is JMO. I'm pulling for Georgia and Iowa this week, and an exclamation point win over Baylor.

EDIT - Just my prediction for this week's poll.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
We needed a little help and got it; down goes tOSU - I think they are out. Too bad 6-5 Auburn couldn't finish the deal and knock out Bama in a classic trap game with Bama looking ahead to Georgia. We need Georgia to finish them off next week. I think we move to #5 after the win over OU and move in to the CFB Playoffs with a win over Baylor and a Georgia win over Bama.
How did the tOSU loss help us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Cincy will jump to 2, Michigan will leapfrog to 3. Bama will drop to 4. You guys will jump over Notre Dame to 5. Notre Dame Idle. Ohio State will drop to 7. Baylor will be idle at 8.

Win and you’re in.

Go get em, Tiger. Lord knows y’all are due.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Cincy will jump to 2, Michigan will leapfrog to 3. Bama will drop to 4. You guys will jump over Notre Dame to 5. Notre Dame Idle. Ohio State will drop to 7. Baylor will be idle at 8.

Win and you’re in.

Mich to 2, bama 3, Cincy 4.

The Poke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok

Win and you’re in.

Cincy won't jump to 2 for sure.

Georgia
Michigan
Alabama
Cincy

We really do need to jump ND this week.

Baylor is idle?

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
We will jump ND this week or the next with a win. The only risk at this point it Bama beating Georgia and the rest winning out IMHO. If that does happen, I think the committee will take us over Cincinnati, but it should be dropping Georgia in that scenario.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I hope we don’t need any help and can jump Cincinnati, but I think we might need a break.

1. OSU beats Baylor in Big XII Championship at 11am

If one of these things happens, we are for sure in!

2. Georgia beats Alabama in SEC Championship at 3pm
3. Houston beats Cincinnati in AAC Championship at 3pm
4. Iowa beats Michigan in Big 10 Championship at 7pm

I like that we play early and can take care of business and then watch the rest of the games. Don’t know if my heart can take it waiting until the night game again.

If this happens, we might get in.

5. OSU blows out Baylor and Cincinnati beats Houston but it’s very close.

Kind of hoping Baylor’s QB is back. Don’t want the committee to have any excuses to tarnish our win. He may not be 100% but who are we kidding, they don’t watch the games anyway or Bama would be about #5 or #6 this week.