CFB Playoff #5 CFP, #5 Coaches, #5 AP

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 1, 2008
Carrollton,Tx
Current poll coming into this weekend:

1 Georgia 11-0
2 Ohio State 10-1
3 Alabama 10-1
4 Cincinnati 11-0
5 Michigan 10-1
6 Notre Dame 10-1
7 Oklahoma State 10-1
8 Baylor 9-2
9 Ole Miss 9-2
10 Oklahoma 10-1

Georgia's rolling right along and is solid at 1.

tOSU losing to Meatchicken SHOULD drop them below us since they are out of their CCG and have 2 losses.

Alabama, who knows... I have a feeling since they "gutted out a win" ESPN (oops I mean the CFP committee) will reward them to pump up the hype going into the SEC CCG. Hope I'm wrong but guessing they will be 2 on Tuesday.

Cincinnati took care of business and will be at 3

Michigan will move up to 4, faces Iowa in the B1G CCG.

Notre Dame same as Cinci, did what they were suppose to do and moves up to 5.

Pokes at 6

tOSU at 7

I think Ole Miss jumps Baylor because ESPN conspiracy theories

All that is JMO. I'm pulling for Georgia and Iowa this week, and an exclamation point win over Baylor.

EDIT - Just my prediction for this week's poll.
I just read on CBS that it’s
1-Georgia. 2-Alabama. 3- Cincinnati 4- Notre Dame 5- Okla State….on Coaches poll.

Oct 21, 2013
Austin Texas
Based on what I saw yesterday from Bama against Auburn and what I've heard about regarding Georgia, it seems like Bama is the team most likely to lose out of the 4 ahead of us. GA, MI and CIN seem like reasonable bets bringing together the SEC, BIG Ten, BIG 12 and 1 G5 for a playoff.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
How did the tOSU loss help us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michigan has a better chance of losing to Iowa than tOSU did.
Also as of last week tOSU was a solid #2 in the CFP rankings; if they had won out they would have stayed no worse than #2. Eye test and record wise we compare more favorably to Michigan than tOSU and all the hype they were getting.

Nov 18, 2010
Extremely doubtful. Even if Bohanon does play, he would be walking gingerly and he's mostly a run threat.
The only reason Bedlam was a close game was because Caleb Williams was hard to tackle. He repeatedly barely escaped our grasp and made nice little passes for first downs. (Instead of falling down to kill drives)

We had 6 sacks, but could have had 6 more if that kid wasn't a 5 star athlete slipping tackles back there. Baylor doesn't have a 5 star athlete at QB that can elude this defense.

We are going to win.

Last edited:

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The only reason Bedlam was a close game was because Caleb Williams was hard to tackle. He repeatedly barely escaped our grasp and made nice little passes for first downs.

We had 6 sacks, but could have had 6 more if that kid wasn't a 5 star athlete slipping tackles back there. Baylor doesn't have a 5 star athlete at QB that can elude this defense.

We are going to win.
It scares me to have this level of confidence, but I do.

Nov 18, 2010
Listening to the post game talk by the commentators of our games (I forget their names), they didn't seem happy about OU losing, (they were particularly sad for C Williams who they kept showing over and over again), and gave us a backhanded compliment about not having any first round draft picks.
BUT, their comments were ultimately complimentary and most importantly, they acknowledged that maybe it was time for new teams and new fanbases to be part of the playoff.

You could see it hurt them to admit it could be a positive for someone not in their club to play in their invitational , but they said it and it absolutely rings true.

If you ignore the media (I recommend this, in general, for anyone who wants to be happy), and you read the national CFB message boards, you will see that nearly everyone is very happy and excited that OU/OhioSt/Clemson will not be part of this year's playoff.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Baylor doesn't have a Caleb Williams. He was amazing, especially since he is a freshman.
The only thing is Baylor did beat them worse than we did...with Caleb at QB. Match up? Mental? OU playing for their lives in Bedlam? Who knows but we need to take Baylor VERY seriously...they are a very very physical and stout team. Go Pokes! Beat the Bears!!

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The only thing is Baylor did beat them worse than we did...with Caleb at QB. Match up? Mental? OU playing for their lives in Bedlam? Who knows but we need to take Baylor VERY seriously...they are a very very physical and stout team. Go Pokes! Beat the Bears!!
Yeah, I hope Gundy can get them all focused and hungry in a hurry. FWIW Gundy keeps saying these guys are mature and understand the need to stay focused.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Baylor doesn't have a Caleb Williams. He was amazing, especially since he is a freshman.
3 turnovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
#1 Beat Baylor...this is the ONLY thing in our control.
#2 root for Georgia to win over Bama
#3 root for Houston to win over Cinci
#4 root for Iowa to win over Michigan

These five things happen and we are the two seed vs Georgia. #1 needs to happen or nothing else does. Our first priority is to make the conference championship...we did...the second priority is to win it...everything else is gravy.