CFB Playoff #5 CFP, #5 Coaches, #5 AP

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
After the Tech game, I said we’d move to 7, then 5 if we beat OU, then 4 if we beat Baylor or OU - barring a loss by Cincy or Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought you said OU losing to Baylor would hurt us in the end?
Who is to say it didn’t? If OU had beat Bu, we’d have just beaten a #4 ranked OU instead of a #10 ranked OU. We’d probably be in front of Cincy now.

Nov 18, 2010
Who is to say it didn’t? If OU had beat Bu, we’d have beat a #4 ranked OU. We’d probably be in front of Cincy now.

Pro-tip. Nobody cares what you (or I or anyone else) predicted.

You make good points and contribute interesting things. Give your ego a rest. I want to read your comments and don't want to have put you on ignore again.

Nov 18, 2010
If the Baylor game goes well and Cincinnati struggles with Houston, I could see us jumping Cincy. It seems very likely, to be honest. How hilarious would it be for OSU to upset Michigan and win a playoff game before OU. With all of their advantages. It's almost too much.

The Poke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
I felt we'd jump ND this week and Cincy next week. I feel even more confident about that now and that's not even considering potential losses by Bama, Michigan or Cincy.

If all the favorites win, I think it's this:
1 - Georgia
2 - Michigan
3 - Oklahoma State
4 - Cincy

If Bama pulls the upset:
1 - Alabama
2 - Michigan
3 - Georgia
4 - Oklahoma State

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Something to think about pertaining to cincy. Although this statement is currently directed at ND, if they hire Fickell from cincy this will apply to them. ND is gonna be desperate to hire a coach, much in the same vein as OU to hold their recruiting class together.
I just don’t see why any coach would go to a school that will obviously get left out of the playoffs because they aren’t in a conference.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I felt we'd jump ND this week and Cincy next week. I feel even more confident about that now and that's not even considering potential losses by Bama, Michigan or Cincy.

If all the favorites win, I think it's this:
1 - Georgia
2 - Michigan
3 - Oklahoma State
4 - Cincy

If Bama pulls the upset:
1 - Alabama
2 - Michigan
3 - Georgia
4 - Oklahoma State
I agree and I would love both those matches. I'd much rather play those two teams rather than UGA. Avoid them at all costs.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Something to think about pertaining to cincy. Although this statement is currently directed at ND, if they hire Fickell from cincy this will apply to them. ND is gonna be desperate to hire a coach, much in the same vein as OU to hold their recruiting class together.
I just don’t see why any coach would go to a school that will obviously get left out of the playoffs because they aren’t in a conference.
Because they are ND and have endless amounts of money. You may also see them join the big10 soon if they get left out because of no conference championship. Fickell is also a catholic and would be a job he would easily jump at.

Dub

Cowboy
May 31, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
www.pillowfight.us
"I think this team is really well-positioned," Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said Tuesday. "I believe we're one of the top four teams in the country. The cumulative results of our last four or five games, I think, are compelling. I think we can play with anybody in the country right now."
vs UNC 6-6
vs Navy 3-8
@ Virginia 6-6
vs Ga Tech 3-9
@ Stanford 3-9

Oh yeah, those last four games show you can play with anyone in the country...

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Who is to say it didn’t? If OU had beat Bu, we’d have beat a #4 ranked OU. We’d probably be in front of Cincy now.

Pro-tip. Nobody cares what you (or I or anyone else) predicted.

You make good points and contribute interesting things. Give your ego a rest. I want to read your comments and don't want to have put you on ignore again.
Fair enough. Some of the ego stuff wears me out too.

But when posters vehemently disagree with a logical, ultra-valid point, and then mis-remember the entire point, I may just step in and remind them.

Further, there’s been a bunch of bad assessments on here of how and why teams are ranked what they’re ranked. In the same thread where I said it would be best if OU would beat BU, other posters said it doesn’t matter because we have NO CHANCE at the CFP. Sorry, but that’s just people exercising their own ego instead of dispassionately evaluating and assessing what makes logical sense for OSUs benefit.

All that aside, if you ignore me, how will you be blessed with all my good and interesting contributions?

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Because they are ND and have endless amounts of money. You may also see them join the big10 soon if they get left out because of no conference championship. Fickell is also a catholic and would be a job he would easily jump at.

Money isn’t getting there a shot at the NC.