CFN.com Preview: Central Michigan vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
That Central Michigan game is one of my most empty feelings ever leaving an OSU game.
I'll go ahead and share my true story bro and get it over with.

Whatever we had going on that day, my family unit recorded the game so we could watch it together when we got home. I was careful not to click on anything that would give it away. As the game wore on it looked like we were going to pull off a, closer than it should have been, win. I clicked on the CNN home page, not sports or anything, just CNN. I saw something about us losing in dramatic fashion.

I didn't tell the family, but the clock was ticking down and my son ( who could really melt down with a loss at that age) was getting more relieved with our inevitable win. I had to sit there knowing something horrible was coming and couldn't say anything. As the clock counted down I slowly started to rationalize that maybe CNN got it wrong, Maybe it was Oregon State or something! Had to be! The clock got to zero and my son was jumping up and down, then I saw the flag on the field. Queue the Psycho "eek, eek, eek", sound.

You know the rest.

Nov 6, 2010

Whatever we had going on that day, my family unit recorded the game so we could watch it together when we got home. I was careful not to click on anything that would give it away. As the game wore on it looked like we were going to pull off a, closer than it should have been, win. I clicked on the CNN home page, not sports or anything, just CNN. I saw something about us losing in dramatic fashion.

I didn't tell the family, but the clock was ticking down and my son ( who could really melt down with a loss at that age) was getting more relieved with our inevitable win. I had to sit there knowing something horrible was coming and couldn't say anything. As the clock counted down I slowly started to rationalize that maybe CNN got it wrong, Maybe it was Oregon State or something! Had to be! The clock got to zero and my son was jumping up and down, then I saw the flag on the field. Queue the Psycho "eek, eek, eek", sound.

You know the rest.
I had a similar but opposite outcome with 2014 Bedlam. I had to record it, and tried to avoid getting any information about the game. But started getting texts about the ending. I didn't learn what happened, but I had a really good feeling I was going to like it based on the texts I was getting.

Jun 16, 2008
Maryland

You know the rest.
I was out with my now wife at dinner and some drinks in 2011 with ISU, avoided watching the game as much as I could (to include someone that kept making comments to me) since we were recording it. Same jack@ss at the bar as we were leaving yelled out to me that we lost. So I got to watch the game the next morning knowing the outcome, pissed the entire game.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
It’s probably going to be a slog or a blowout in our favor. If you’re not in the Stillwater or Mt. Pleasant area, you probably won’t care other than the fact it’s the proper opening
Yeah, I'm guessing more of a slog, about what CFN predicts. Just hope we can stay injury-free for a while. Hope Green can come back soon.

Mar 8, 2010
I don’t get all the hate for CMU. They did what they had to do to try and win the game and with some assistance from Gundy’s poor play calling and bad clock management and incompetent refs, were able to get a “v” for their won-loss record.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Last year we were breaking in a lot of freshmen and newcomers on offense and I think Gundy really tried to simplify the offense in OOC and try to win with ball control and defense. I don’t think we will come out at a Fiesta Bowl level but I would expect our offense to be rolling a lot better than it was, I’m guessing like a 35-42 to 7 or 10 type of game.

Nov 1, 2009
Somewhere down in Texas
Last year we were breaking in a lot of freshmen and newcomers on offense and I think Gundy really tried to simplify the offense in OOC and try to win with ball control and defense. I don’t think we will come out at a Fiesta Bowl level but I would expect our offense to be rolling a lot better than it was, I’m guessing like a 35-42 to 7 or 10 type of game.
Feeling the same way. Sort of like opener vs Tulsa for Masons sr year

Oct 30, 2007
The 16 part is ok. However, the 30 part is not. Simple: 5th year Sr QB, we should not have difficulty being 20+ points at the half and probably should be 30+ points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
I don’t get all the hate for CMU. They did what they had to do to try and win the game and with some assistance from Gundy’s poor play calling and bad clock management and incompetent refs, were able to get a “v” for their won-loss record.
The bird that shits on my truck is still an asshole even if it was just doing it’s thing.