Chu Ba !!! ??

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Well, Big12 thought he was the best Rb (as judged by his POY award) but the rest of the football world... not so much. No Doake Walker, Heisman, etc. Rated #5 RB in this draft....

So guess he does need to do “something” to prove he’s 1st-2nd round talent. “Something” might just be one more strong year. And a bonus if vs a weaker draft class
Indeed but awards only matter in college and to college people Nfl people dont care about any of that when they evaluate a prospect because awards dont win you games. I see it like this, if he's run for 2000 yards and still isnt a top 5 back, i dont know if another 2000 yards changes anything. It's another year to have fun in college I suppose but I dont see any reason a highly draftable player needs to come unless he stands to move up in the draft order and make big money. especially at rb, it's already unheralded as it is in the nfl anymore. He stands to lose draft stock if he doesnt produce like he did in 2019, that's a risk. But it could work
He has the potential to show that he can be a role player. That he can get the big yardage when needed but he can block and even can catch short-yardage passes and he can be there when other players like the wide receivers need him.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
All of the money could change for rookies next draft. The CBA is up after the 2020 season. It's an unknown but will be interesting to see if the money for rookies goes up or down. Last time it went down and was redistributed to the vets. If there is another decline on the horizon, it definitely makes the decision look different. Hopefully he contacted the NFLPA to see what their agenda for the negotiations is.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I look forward to the day when I can click on this thread and get the answer on whether or not he's staying instead of just people arguing back and forth on should he or shouldn't he.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Good comparisons. If Chuba is comfortable with Day 2 money then he should go for it as long as he's a lock for Day 2. There's no guarantee that another college season will move him up to Day 1 status. Unless he wins a Heisman, of course!
I really don't see him as a first round pick. To me, he's a round 2-4 talent, and I believe he will go in that range either this year or next. I think the question is strictly related to the risk vs reward of moving up from round 4 to round 2 or 3 next season depending on the class.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Depending on how you define it, that Derrick Henry guy everyone keeps citing got over 300 carries his junior season and less than 200 the year before. Thus, only one season as the feature back. Drafted in the second round. Mark Ingram essentially got drafted off of his true sophomore season (he was limited due to injuries his junior year). Both guys went after their third year on campus. Josh Jacobs, the only first round RB last year also only played one full season. It's extremely common, especially since your elite backs are often on campus for only three years and then go early to the draft.
Agreed.

Just looked up Derrick Henry, 395 carries his Junior year!!! Wow!!! 602 carries for his entire career at Alabama. 2nd round pick.

Jacobs was at Alabama for 3 years. Good Freshman year (85/567), Sophomore year (46/284) not so great but played some of it with a broken ankle. Senior year (120/640). 1st round pick

Draft slot is more than rushing stats. It's also recruiting stars :lol: just kidding. Not picking up the defensive rush has ended a lot of RB careers.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
I got to think that the longer this drags out the better the chance he stays. Maybe that is just wishful thinking. That said, OSU tends to have a pretty good track record with players staying that could easily be drafted.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I got to think that the longer this drags out the better the chance he stays. Maybe that is just wishful thinking. That said, OSU tends to have a pretty good track record with players staying that could easily be drafted.
This!

Also, most that retuned, improved their draft stock. Everyone arguing that he has nothing to gain and everything to lose have ignored our history on this. Off the very top of my head it worked out well for Gilbert, Okung, Weeden, Blackmon, etc. On the flip side, you have Stewart and Johnson. Not saying one was right and one was wrong as it’s their decision/life.

Dec 17, 2011
This!

Also, most that retuned, improved their draft stock. Everyone arguing that he has nothing to gain and everything to lose have ignored our history on this. Off the very top of my head it worked out well for Gilbert, Okung, Weeden, Blackmon, etc. On the flip side, you have Stewart and Johnson. Not saying one was right and one was wrong as it’s their decision/life.
I would throw in Randall as well with Johnson and Stewart.