City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 25, 2008
Chuck's Paint in Paper is toast! RIP.
https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/7...cle_4cf363ec-6788-11ec-9992-5b0258dae2a2.html

7-Eleven convenience store coming to 711 N. Main
“Yes, 7-Eleven will be going in at 711 N. Main St.,” Senior City Planner Rian Harkins said Dec. 20 during a public hearing associated with the project, drawing laughs from the City Council and the audience.

Harkins had just displayed a site plan that identified the business while discussing a request from the developer, Vaquero Stillwater Partners, LP, to close a utility easement on the site of the former New China buffet. The easement lies in what will be the back parking lot for the new convenience store.
The project will also cover an adjacent lot at 723 N. Main St., the former Chuck’s Paint and Paper, which has been closed for years.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/7...cle_4cf363ec-6788-11ec-9992-5b0258dae2a2.html

7-Eleven convenience store coming to 711 N. Main
“Yes, 7-Eleven will be going in at 711 N. Main St.,” Senior City Planner Rian Harkins said Dec. 20 during a public hearing associated with the project, drawing laughs from the City Council and the audience.

Harkins had just displayed a site plan that identified the business while discussing a request from the developer, Vaquero Stillwater Partners, LP, to close a utility easement on the site of the former New China buffet. The easement lies in what will be the back parking lot for the new convenience store.
The project will also cover an adjacent lot at 723 N. Main St., the former Chuck’s Paint and Paper, which has been closed for years.
QuikTrip used to have a store at 711 N. Main in Tulsa, where I worked numerous shifts in the early 80's while attending TU. It was one of several I worked where you received a "combat pay" bump in shift differential..

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
Simple Simons is closed

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I never ate at this one, but when it first opened they seemed to be going against Little Ceasar's, but one time a year or so ago I was going to grab a couple of pizzas there for a potluck thing and it was going to be as much as Hideaway. The last time I ate a Simple Simon's pizza was in the 80's when it was at 7th and Duck. Probably one of the worst pizzas I'd ever had. Basically a saltine with ketchup and spray cheese would have been a better pizza.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I never ate at this one, but when it first opened they seemed to be going against Little Ceasar's, but one time a year or so ago I was going to grab a couple of pizzas there for a potluck thing and it was going to be as much as Hideaway. The last time I ate a Simple Simon's pizza was in the 80's when it was at 7th and Duck. Probably one of the worst pizzas I'd ever had. Basically a saltine with ketchup and spray cheese would have been a better pizza.
That must have been a bad franchise. They are not hideaway quality but they are definitely not little Caesar’s. They try to compete with papa John’s.

Aug 10, 2004
Stillwater
Not really following why Rare Earth USA bought that old property north of Boomer Lake.They mine precious metals in far west Texas down by El Paso.Not sure if the incentives were great or what but what will they actually be doing in the Stillwater facility?