Coach Kenny

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 25, 2010
My wife works for the College of Pharmacy for A&M and she stated that she heard a rumor that they would make a run at (500k per year) coach G. Anyone else hearing this?

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Although it's been discussed in various threads......Expect them to make a serious run at Kenny G! Marissa Young at Duke, Tim Walton at Florida are also serious candidates

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Kenny got offered by a couple of schools after last season and turned down their big money. Hopefully it will be the same this time.

Sep 29, 2006
If OSU doesn't take care of Coach K I might be done with OSU athletics. We have no problem throwing big contracts at coaches that can't win or can't win at a high level but probably won't for softball.

I would love to see a ranking of sports that bring in the most revenue. If softball had a 2000 seat stadium they would be a solid 4th behind Football, Basketball, and Baseball. And that's only because of stadium size.

May 26, 2012
Kenny got offered by a couple of schools after last season and turned down their big money. Hopefully it will be the same this time.
I could see him taking it for that kind of money. Isn’t his contract with osu just $120k a year? Not to mention the cracker box of a stadium they play in. A&M has the best softball facilities in the country.

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Wilson, Oklahoma
If OSU doesn't take care of Coach K I might be done with OSU athletics. We have no problem throwing big contracts at coaches that can't win or can't win at a high level but probably won't for softball.

I would love to see a ranking of sports that bring in the most revenue. If softball had a 2000 seat stadium they would be a solid 4th behind Football, Basketball, and Baseball. And that's only because of stadium size.
If we had a 2000 seat stadium...I would have at least 4 season tickets. Something that I want to get every year

Sep 2, 2014

Honest question, but do you think that would really top the average attendance for wrestling and out earn them? The largest crowd in GIA history was just a few years ago during a dual with Penn State. I guess maybe the shear number of games might put the softball team higher?

Sep 29, 2006
Honest question, but do you think that would really top the average attendance for wrestling and out earn them? The largest crowd in GIA history was just a few years ago during a dual with Penn State. I guess maybe the shear number of games might put the softball team higher?
That is where I was going with that comment - number of actual home games. But at the end of the day revenue is revenue.
How much money does a regional and super regional bring to STW?

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2006
That is where I was going with that comment - number of actual home games. But at the end of the day revenue is revenue.
I'd also be curious whether we can make more money off ticket sales or donors with an interest in that sport. No attendance at golf tournaments typically but there's a reason why that program is self-funded. Either way, Coach G definitely deserves what he wants based on results. Easily the best coach on campus.

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Wilson, Oklahoma

Just looked up this yr schedule….we played 19 home games not counting regionals or Supers. 24 Total.

Count the extra games that opponents came to town for the OSU/Tulsa Invitationa, Mizino Classic and regionals…

We are close to 30 games played at Cowgirls stadium.

***EDIT 2.0***

Tallying all 24 home games by okstate.com box scores…our average attendance is 972. To be an elite program, that not good. Just the weekend series vs a Top 20 team in Texas, we average under 900. The weekend series vs Kansas is what really hurt our attendence averaging 714.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
this is stupid. weiberg should NOT make more then Kenny G. change one way or the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2006
Weiberg is a superstar. Holder did well for an old golf coach but it's nice to see what a pro can get done.

Future is bright in our athletic department!

Congrats to Coach G.